✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Listening Party in Austin

DavidB5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, not true. I was at the listening party yesterday and we did not have to sign waivers. :) We're allowed to talk about it.

So, yes, I've heard MX. It's a terrific album and I think despite all the negativity going on here, CP fans are going to love it. I don't have time to write a full review right now, but I will and I'll post it Monday.

I will say this....it's their best album to date. The hip-hop influences are present, but not distracting, and they add to the freshness of the sound. Rihanna's appearance on POC is handled very delicately. Her voice and Chris' go together shockingly well and it's still obviously a Coldplay song. The album is sequenced extremely well, so that 14 tracks goes by without feeling long at all.

As I said, I'll write a full review later (I have a music blog which I'll post it to) and then link it up here. I'm excited to share this info with you guys!

Ha, not true. I was at the listening party yesterday and we did not have to sign waivers. :) We're allowed to talk about it.

So, yes, I've heard MX. It's a terrific album and I think despite all the negativity going on here, CP fans are going to love it. I don't have time to write a full review right now, but I will and I'll post it Monday.

I will say this....it's their best album to date. The hip-hop influences are present, but not distracting, and they add to the freshness of the sound. Rihanna's appearance on POC is handled very delicately. Her voice and Chris' go together shockingly well and it's still obviously a Coldplay song. The album is sequenced extremely well, so that 14 tracks goes by without feeling long at all.

As I said, I'll write a full review later (I have a music blog which I'll post it to) and then link it up here. I'm excited to share this info with you guys!

Looking forward to it :)

You gave me my lost hope back with that review. THANK YOU.

Cheers.Look forward to the review.

ommggg , This makes me 10 times more excited about this

I'm so happy to read this from you! I wasn't worried at all. I knew the album was going to be awesome, I trust the boys but I knew a lot of fans were worried and I'm glad someone who had the chance to listen to the album calm them down. Specially with the whole Rihanna situation.

I'm so happy to read this from you! I wasn't worried at all. I knew the album was going to be awesome, I trust the boys but I knew a lot of fans were worried and I'm glad someone who had the chance to listen to the album calm them down. Specially with the whole Rihanna situation.

This!

Best album? :laugh3:

Maybe Rihanna's voice soooo overproduced that you almost dont recognize it.

But i look forward to this album now even more.

Allow me to guess, you were stripped of any mobile-phones and electronic devices to pretend someone making a recording of it.