✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The PROS & CONS of "Princess of China" (plus 1-10 sliding poll)

SonnyIanni

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna hold off listening to this song until I get the album.

Dunno what to think so many mixed reviews - more pros then cons tough:)

Could someone answer these 2 question who has listened -

1.Does it have a long instrumental intro

2.Is there a sample used from takk.

Here's some options and opinions:

1. Bash this song in the stupidest ways possible, like Paradise

2. Actually have some reasoning in your Bashing, like ETIAW

3. Rant On like an asylum freak for nothing, like Up in Flames

4. Enjoy the damn song an embrace the beauty of Mylo Xyloto, like MX/HLH, CB and UATH

Your Choice!

Shut the hell up already.

Possible Explanations for the existence of this quote:

he is deaf OR he didn't bother to listen after 34 seconds OR he is actually insulting the scratchy effects of the song.

scratchy effects?

i work with bands, producing, etc..and i listen to music for 10 hrs out of each day.

i know by saying this ..this is gonna automatically become some stupid internet squabble where you retort something very clever and blah blah blah...

but, if you'll just take my word for it....the actual song ...the way it will sound on cd...will be vastly different.

in fact..i can prove it.

wait til the cd is leaked....and we'll compare how a quality version of POC sounds with this rip.

Oh shit. I think I'm about to start a flame war. :uhoh:

scratchy effects?

i work with bands, producing, etc..and i listen to music for 10 hrs out of each day.

i know by saying this ..this is gonna automatically become some stupid internet squabble where you retort something very clever and blah blah blah...

but, if you'll just take my word for it....the actual song ...the way it will sound on cd...will be vastly different.

in fact..i can prove it.

wait til the cd is leaked....and we'll compare how a quality version of POC sounds with this rip.

OH GOD I DID! I DID! I STARTED A FLAME WAR! DAMN YOU COLDPLAYING.COM FOR NOT GIVING ME THE ABILITY TO DELETE POSTS! IM OUTTA HERE! :escaping3: "Stole My Star.... la la la la la la la la"

Overproduced, overproduced... this word is so boring.

Come on guys, the studio version is always overproduced in comparism to the live one.

I'm definitely against the votings after the first listenings. Because most of the songs are grower and we have to listen it several times over a certain period to consider the points for the song.

One thing which I want to mention: The synth could be much stronger, louder and powerful.

Anyone.[/color]

Does Princess of China sample sigur ros takk like a reviewer said it did!!

Is there a long intro!!

And people say I say weird things about what songs sound like in comparison to others :wtf:

I honestly don't see where that comparison even comes from, let alone that they sampled it, unless it's completely buried in the overproduction.

And people say I say weird things about what songs sound like in comparison to others :wtf:

I honestly don't see where that comparison even comes from, let alone that they sampled it, unless it's completely buried in the overproduction.

I think the tuning of the chords are similar. But other than that, no. Not at all. I don't know where that "review" got that from.

this is the first ever I rate a Cp song with less than 8 on one of this polls. Is the first time one of their songs means NOTHING 2me, the fucking first time. I even got bored while I was listening (I just do it twice, and I'm not even excited 2do it again)

I really like the new Coldplay style, I think this song is ok, Rihanna is ok too, but this is the most non-Coldplay Style song I ever heard.

I don't know, I don't give a fuck about this song, as somebody already said on one of the first pages, I don't hate this song because I don't care ... I'll listen to it probably a couple of times on the next months, but then I'll forget it.

I'm not angry, I'm not disappointed, I just missed my orgasm every time I hear a song of my idols for the first time.

I gave it a 4, and trust me, it hurts a lot.

Andi;5030731']Oh my fucking god. What a bad song' date=' as expected. One of the worst songs Coldplay has ever done. Just pure shit. Where's Jonnys guitar?!? Thank you Rihanna. Holy crap.:veryangry2:[/quote']

Jonny's guitar is next to the synth, instead of on top of it. You can hear it pretty plainly, I think.