✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The PROS & CONS of "Princess of China" (plus 1-10 sliding poll)

SonnyIanni

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Coldplaying.com is gonna become a temporary Coldplay Hate Site again. seriously guys. :rolleyes:

I think most people like the song. Just the minority is quite vocal. Which I don't mind. If I was pissed about my favorite band's new era of songs I'd want an outlet too.

Heard it now a few times. It still sucks as hell. Still a zero. And I just tried to concentrate on Jonny's guitar and I didn't recognize it at all. Only synths... . I'm really pissed... . The live version with Chris sounded so good. But the studio one ist just crap. Again: thank you Rihanna.

Andi;5030761']Heard it now a few times. It still sucks as hell. Still a zero. And I just tried to concentrate on Jonny's guitar and I didn't recognize it at all. Only synths... . I'm really pissed... . The live version with Chris sounded so good. But the studio one ist just crap. Again: thank you Rihanna.

yes, the live version was waaaay better but i think it has nothing to do with rihanna that the studio version is that different and over produced.

Andi;5030761']Heard it now a few times. It still sucks as hell. Still a zero. And I just tried to concentrate on Jonny's guitar and I didn't recognize it at all. Only synths... . I'm really pissed... . The live version with Chris sounded so good. But the studio one ist just crap. Again: thank you Rihanna.

Jonny's guitars are really, really audible. It's a great riff. He plays it over the top of the synths.

If you can't hear it, then sucked in I guess.

Coming from someone who hates Hip-Hop/RnB...WOW. This sounds absolutely amazing, Chris and Rihanna work really together, and the instrumentals are outstanding.

One thing I do agree with is that Chris should have sung a little more, but that's not a huge issue for me.

I love how MX is shaping up to be - such a good variety of songs

Coldplay have already written so many great "Coldplay-esque" songs for me to enjoy, so I think it's awesome they are diving into different genres and giving us something completely different than what we are used to. Yes it is a pop song, but a good one with some awesome coldplay elements. When Coldplay do something, they don't half ass it. I enjoyed it. Rihanna is very talented.

I think that everybody complaining about it and Rihanna should just be thankful for all the great song they already do love by Coldplay. Shocker, your favorite band has a song you don't like. It isn't the end of the world. MX is sure to pack enough punch to please everybody.

at least there are a lot more people who like it compared to Paradise (ugh, i don't like mentioning that 'thing')

now my decision is to whether i should listen to HLH tomorrow since it comes out on the 21st for me....:thinking: As soon as i saw the POC leak i immediately clicked on it without thinking so maybe i'll do the same thing with HLH.

Edit: Also to be honest, i have a strange feeling about POC. The deal is that i have been a hater of hip-hop music for the past two years (Lady Gaga, Rihanna etc) because i just don't consider that 'real' music with all the auto tune and over produced sounds though now since she's in a song with my favourite band, i son't know how to feel about her. Amazing song none the less

I listened to it again this morning and surprisingly since I hate ETIAW and Para I find myself liking this. Part of that may be bias from falling in love with the live version they played back in June. But I think Rihanna's voice actually works really well with Chris's. There's far too much production on it, but I expected that. I actually quite like the lyrics too (apart from the filler 'ooooohs')

As far as generic pop songs go, this is a good one. And whilst Coldplay insist on putting this kind of music out I'm just gonna take what I can from it and hope that maybe they get it out of their systems.

If I thought Paradise and ETIAQW were radio friendly then I was sorely mistaken in comparison to this. This is radio friendly, this is the song most likely to be a number one of Mylo Xyloto-- this is going to be the next single. It just oozes it.

The review/article that said that Rihanna didn't sound like Rihanna in this track was pretty... Off the mark. Yes, she sounds less nasal than normal, but it definitely sounds like her. I don't think you could confuse the voice even for a split second.

Something I do have to confess is that her voice does fit on the track and work well with Chris's which is something I really thought it wouldn't. I thought it was going to be the clash from hell, so it's nice to be proven wrong on some accounts.

But my major qualm... This sounds like Rihanna ft. Coldplay. It doesn't sound like it is something that should be on a Coldplay album because it's pretty much 4 minutes of pure Rihanna.

The song will serve them well in the charts and culminating a new fanbase in this modern market. But for me... It's too much Rihanna, not enough Coldplay (and I did prefer the live version-- call me whatever you want for it, but it was far superior in many ways even if it did lack a female vocal).

5/10

I think this is a good song, it works well and achieves what it is trying to do. I think there could have been more guitar. In both this and Paradise, all we have quitar-wise is a little riff toward the end of the song that someone who has been playing guitar for about a month could perform.

I like that Coldplay are enjoying messing around with new influential styles, and I applaud and respect them for that. However, I would like to see them move away from R 'n' B / Hip Hop for the next album. It wouldn't suit them to go any further down this road.

For the record, I really like ETIAW, but think Paradise is a fairly poor song for Coldplay. However, it's better than almost everything else on stations like Radio 1. Coldplay set the bar so high that even a poor song by their standard is good if you judge it as a separate entity.

My first listen this morning. First impression is that it sounds like a Rhianna song featuring Chris Martin... NOT COLDPLAY. Having said that, Rhianna is a pop artist that I do not hate, but the song isn't one of her best either. If I rated it now it would be a 5. Worse than Paradise. Will listen a few more times and maybe like it better, but I doubt it.

NOT COLDPLAY[/size][/b]. Having said that, Rhianna is a pop artist that I do not hate, but the song isn't one of her best either. If I rated it now it would be a 5. Worse than Paradise. Will listen a few more times and maybe like it better, but I doubt it.

My words exactly.

Only that I voted a 6.

Listened it at the work. You know what? At home I have hi-fi external sound card + hi-fi headphones, so it sounds like garbage. But at work it suddenly more smooth, listenable. So it's definitely has something with sound mixing, compression for radio, etc. Jeez. So to enjoy a bit MX you need crappy boombox, marvelous.