✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you like Princess of China?

djibou

I think it's growing on me, but just a little. The song is not so bad, the problem is after the first minute of the song. I like when it starts and I even think that when Chris starts singing "Once upon a time..." it reminds me of Pet Shop Boys XD no one else thinks the same? It's just that around minute 1:15 it becomes a very pop song...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's growing on me, but just a little. The song is not so bad, the problem is after the first minute of the song. I like when it starts and I even think that when Chris starts singing "Once upon a time..." it reminds me of Pet Shop Boys XD no one else thinks the same? It's just that around minute 1:15 it becomes a very pop song...

The whole song sounds like it was produced by the Pet Shop Boys on a bad day.

I used to love Coldplay... I've seen Coldplay four times live between 2002 and 2003. Then X&Y came out and only fell in love with "Low" from that album. Then Viva La Vida Came out and only fell in love with "Lost!" from that album. Now Mylo Xyloto is out, and I'm only falling in love with "Princess Of China".

I still think Coldplay is a great band, especially a fantastic live act!

I used to love Coldplay... I've seen Coldplay four times live between 2002 and 2003. Then X&Y came out and only fell in love with "Low" from that album. Then Viva La Vida Came out and only fell in love with "Lost!" from that album. Now Mylo Xyloto is out, and I'm only falling in love with "Princess Of China".

I still think Coldplay is a great band, especially a fantastic live act!

Really?

Lost! is the song you fell in love with?

It is, to me at least, the weakest song Coldplay has ever released.

Oh well :)

I can't wait until armpit noises in a microphone becomes a popular musical trend in 10 years and Coldplay decides to abandon all the fans it gained during its synth/autotune/R&B collab phase in favor of gaining a newer and larger fanbase who likes armpit noises in a microphone.

I see your amazingly malevolent picture and i know your comment will be pure shit. Autotune? HLH isn't autotune, it's part of the feel of the song for fuck sake.

It's the only song from MX that I can't stand at all - it's the equivalent of 'Yes' from Viva La Vida.

Doubly disappointing given how much hype there's been surrounding this song for so long.

YES WAS BRILLIANT YOU FUCKING IDIOT. YOU DON'T DESERVE AN OPINION.

It's a very different song from what Coldplay usually create. It sounds more like a Rhinana song, no wonder they asked her to sing on it. You can't blame them for trying a new genre of song. If you listen to it on its own and not the category of CP songs, it is a good one. It took me many listens to like it.

you might have seen me writing this before but seeing them perform it live was incredible!

it was definitely one of the best coldplayish things i've ever experienced since i know coldplay!

massive song massive sound massive coldplay massive massiveness massive chris massive bass massive lalala

sadly the live version is way more massive.

they should release it as a single including the f&f gig or the nuremberg live version..