✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you like Princess of China?

djibou

I love that roughness!

I don't hate it, but I think it doesn't fit with the theme about "the princess".

i love this song' date=' but why "China", i dont hear anything sound like China in this song :\[/quote']

In the part of the synths, there are some type of chinese arpeggio with some type of chinese instrument.. Also the guitar riff is influenced by chinese sounds..

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The instrumentation is really nice. Sexy beat, fresh synth, all it's missing is the bass.

What he said!

I really like this song because of this beat and it's mysterious sound. It's different compared with the rest of the album. And Rihanna sings most of the song? She sings the second verse and the chorus. After that it's all Chris and Rihanna together, so I don't see a problem. I also do think Rihanna did an excellent job.

Why do you hate the fact that people don't like the album?

Probably because she feels the hate is either unwarranted, overblown or irrelevant. If it's either one of those three, then I agree.

Or maybe she's just sick of hearing a bunch of negative, smug hipster pseudo-intellectuals beat a dead horse to death about how this music isn't "real" or is too "mainstream". To be honest, that's what most of the haters are like.

Probably because she feels the hate is either unwarranted, overblown or irrelevant. If it's either one of those three, then I agree.

Or maybe she's just sick of hearing a bunch of negative, smug hipster pseudo-intellectuals beat a dead horse to death about how this music isn't "real" or is too "mainstream". To be honest, that's what most of the haters are like.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: :thumbsup:

I really adore this album, but I don't like PoC. I'm one of those who think it's Rihanna feat. Chris Martin, however, I think it's just one bad song on an album full of gems. But, I agree with your paragraph describing the "haters." I share this same view.

That's a pretty harsh and unfair generalization.

Admittedly, there are some people who do have generic comments like the new album is bad because it's "mainstream" (whatever that means :rolleyes:) but I feel for the most part, the "haters" have been detailing the reasons why they dislike the album - at least the people on the World of Music forum have been.

...that's because we're being unbiased towards this album.

We're not just gonna love it because OMG EVERYTHING COLDPLAY MAKES IS GR8!!!!!!1!!1!

I, myself, like it...

But I understand where the hate is coming from.

And you just gotta deal with the fact that this album is not that amazing and sucks the majority.

I'm honestly sick of being called a hipster and a hater.

I know right? People who spread their hate about the album and diss the people who do like it, piss the "likers" off, and as a result the opinion of a "disliker", even of those who are constructive like me, isn't taken seriously and becomes irrelevant.

I was very pleased with the song. I may have been one of the few that actually liked Rihanna's involvement since the announcement. It is by far the most experimental song Coldplay has done from a sound perspective, but I thought the sound gave it a good kind of edginess. The lyrics were fantastic and reminds me of AROBTTH writing. I really liked the clear and crisp voice of Rihanna coupled with Chris's own edgy voice. If there is one complaint I have with the song, it would be simply not enough duet between the two singers. I really really liked their duet and there simply needed to be more. Rihanna definately does the lions share of the singing but overall it was a very enjoyable song.

Somehow, I like this song very much. Possibly my favorite song of MX.

Sure, it's more Rihanna- than Coldplay-like, but as I already symphazised with Rihanna's songs before, I never had any doubt that this song would be something great and special.

Better worded: It's more like Rihanna and the Coldplays featuring Chris Martin.

:laugh3: I love the sound of "The Coldplays"

Yes, awesome song. My second favorite off the new album after Us Against The World.

I think we got the same ears :P

:awesome:

This song LIVE is gonna be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I agree! I am anxious to see it live!