✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you like Princess of China?

djibou

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a backing track, though. Who cares if it's auto tune?

And the vocal distortion...well I don't know what the fuck is with that. I kind of dig it though. It would be interesting if they released a version (or a demo or something) without it.

I think you need to edit this post.

It's not a backing track... and it ruins the whole fucking song.

tbh, rihanna sounded fine on it.

I thought Coldplay's music was generally 'spacey'. Like when you listen to it, you can feel comfortable and it doesn't make you feel all noisy in your head. I don't really know how to explain it.

Princess of China went against this thought I had of Coldplay.

I just listened to it.

Yeah, I really, really did not like it. Rihanna's part was WAY too prominent. Might as well have said it was Rihanna feat. Chris Martin.

The synth sounds were like 80's fuzzy synths.....and not in a good 80's synth way. It's the first song that I actually couldn't make it through. I do not have any desire to listen to this song again.

I'm very sad. ETIAW and Paradise have grown on me, but I just don't even want to hear this tripe again.

EDIT: It blows my mind that they made MTM.........and this. They really ran the gamut, didn't they?

I had mega-low expectations of this. I'm pleasantly surprised it's turned out so well. I'm not sure what's with all the RiRi hate. She's a strong singer, who has a good following and can do more than one style of music. People seem to have a rather hipster attitude about things.

I will say that I dislike all the extras production I've heard on many of the songs so far. Major Minus is a great song, except for the artificial sound of Chris and instruments. I feel like it goes with the theme of graffiti so it may not last.

Overall, I'm expecting to be pretty pleased with the album as a whole. It's no Rush of Blood to the Head but that's ok. I find musical adaptation rather interesting.

No, I don't like it at all. It just seems... weird. Not Coldplay-like at all. And it's not even Rihannas fault (even though I can't stand her), I don't think I would've liked the song even if she wasn't in it. Very dissapointed.

I really like Princess of China - the build-up, Chris' and Rihanna's voices - alone and combined - the sound of it.

I really like it now :uhoh: For me it's more of a Rihanna song and I think it's a good one, she sounds great and adds a lot to the song

Didn't Chris say that he was thinking of Rihanna when writing Princess of China? So it is kind of a Rihanna song, and I guess that is why Rihanna has been allowed to sort of "dominate" that song.