✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you like Princess of China?

djibou

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Princess Of China sounds like all of the singers that I avoid in favour of Coldplay: Jessie J, Justin Beiber, indeed, Rihanna... Coldplay are better than these guys because they put thought into their music. Princess Of China doesn't appear to have been thought about much: It's a muddle of loud synthesisers and they brought in a singer who is several tiers of talent below them... I can't help feeling that Coldplay have taken a fall here. Mylo Xyloto would have been perfect otherwise. :/

I think the song is really unique. I don't think it's mainstream at all. The instrumental is very nice I think. One of the most interesting coldplay songs that they've ever made. It's fresh, it's new. They're not falling back on any old tricks. It's an integral part of the album as well in my opinion. It definitely doesnt flow with up in flames, but that's not a big deal. My favorite part of the song is at the end of the bridge where the synth gets more intense and there is a quick sputter of notes and then breaks into the ooooh oooooh hook. 8.5/10

I love it. It might just be one of my favourite on the album. :D I knew as soon as I heard the live version, I would like this song and it didn't disappoint.

Even though I hate Rhianna with a passion, she didn't destroy the song for me. However, I did find the studio version too synth-y and electronic for me. The live version was better (maybe because I couldn't hear the synths and the electronic stuff all that well. :lol:

With that said, I still wish that it was all Chris. Mostly because I hate anyone else singing on a Coldplay album. If this do become a single, I really hope they'll release a b-side with just Chris on it.

That backing track to Hurts Like Heaven sure as hell sounded like autotune. And just general vocal distortion is needless and destroys songs like Major Minus.

I think they did the distortion on purpose. It kinda sounds like a fuzzy message you'd get on an old radio. I like it! It works artistically for this album. Would it have worked on any of the others? Absolutely not. Parachutes + vocal distortion= disaster! But, I do think it works in a strange, roundabout way for this album...

did you guys know that in POC there's a Sigur Ros sample looped throughout the song?

i don't know what it is though...i just read that in today's paper about Mylo Xyloto.

Yup. If I'm not wrong, it's heard quite well during the transition from UFO to PoC.

The sample is from Sigur Ros Takk.

I did not listen to the leak of this song and did not hear it until I listened to the album from start to finish on Sunday night. I was very nervous to hear it... although I am a Rihanna fan, I was not sure how the song would be. On first listen, I absolutely loved it... I think her and Chris sound great together and it's become one of my favorites on the album.