✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you like Princess of China?

djibou

One again, Coldplay does not use autotune. Please do not make statements unless you are informed.

That backing track to Hurts Like Heaven sure as hell sounded like autotune. And just general vocal distortion is needless and destroys songs like Major Minus.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That backing track to Hurts Like Heaven sure as hell sounded like autotune. And just general vocal distortion is needless and destroys songs like Major Minus.

It's just a backing track, though. Who cares if it's auto tune?

And the vocal distortion...well I don't know what the fuck is with that. I kind of dig it though. It would be interesting if they released a version (or a demo or something) without it.

Totally agree.i almost forgot about MM that studio version is horrible.

A pain to the ears and POC is sounding the same way

i'm not even talking about Paradise,because damn that's also an overload of sound.

I like the background music and Chris was fine but his part was so short. The lyrics work for Rhianna but I'm just not feeling it she has too big of a role in this song. I really hope the album does great because I like Coldplay but it must be said..when I buy a Coldplay record I want to hear Coldplay not someone else. Be it Rhianna or whoever so I don't have a grudge..just saying.

If anything, it's a vocoder. Look it up. It's still an instrument.

I actually like it. The beat is really awesome and Rihanna sounds different. I agree that she has almost the whole song to herself, a bit more Chris wouldn't be that bad. And I'm missing Jonny a bit. But I think it's a mysterious track, way better than Paradise. Hope this will be a single eventually, but I'm not guessing on it.

For those who dislike it, I can understand. It's a complete new sound. But I think we have to accept as fans that the days of records like Parachutes and AROBTH are definitive over and this is the 'new' Coldplay. By which I'm not saying that you HAVE to like Mylo Xyloto, btw.

I don't know what to say right now.... But I sure don't see myself becoming a huge fan of the song. And like a couple of people said already, it's more like: Rihanna - Princess of China (ft. Chris Martin) and I don't like that.

[ I could've been a Princess, You'd be a King

Could've had a castle, and worn a ring

But noooooo, you let me gooooooo ] :dazzled:

*SUPERLIKE* :thumbsup: CAN'T WAIT until Mylo Xyloto :awesome:

This song LIVE is gonna be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

*PoC starts (first listen ever)*

Me: What's that? Interference or what?

Seriously, I've tried to understand Coldplay's new direction, and I ended up liking ETIAW and Paradise to a certain extent. But this time I really can't. The sound of this song is not music as I intend it. And I have to say that those bits when Rihanna sings are among the best of the song (can't believe I've written this). My hope remains in some live version.

No, it's fucking awful. It's the only Coldplay song I have ever stopped listening to before even finishing once...and it's not because of Rihanna.

This.

It's absolutely terrible and I knew it was going to be terrible and I thought it would be Rihanna that ruins it.

It's a horrible song. The lyrics are lacking, the harmonies are off, and Guy has just suddenly disappeared - there's no bass.

And that fucking drum machine.

If I hear Coldplay use another drum machine I'm just going to put all of us out of our misery and kill them, then shoot myself.

God, so much disappointment right now.

I quite like it Rihanna sounds good on it but the lyrics just arent great "you stole my star lalalalalala..."

I like the sound of it the without the singing reminds me bit of when we are scientist covered "all that she wants" at reading 2007 with chris from editors playing the guitar. I like the band playing on it just not the lyrics