✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you like Princess of China?

djibou

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes, though this is not one of my favourites from their new album. I personally find that Rihanna takes over the song mostly. Yet, it does have a good tone to it. It's an attempt at something new, you either like it or you don't, and it wasn't all that bad. This album has not been disappointing to me at all.

I voted 'yes' - personally, I love it. I think Chris and Rihanna's voices really compliment one another and that her vocal just gives that added dimension needed for the track. I'm not a fan of her's but was pleasantly surprised by the song.

That said, I hope Coldplay don't make a regular habit out of featuring other artists on their albums. I wouldn't like their tracklisting's to read like a hip hop or RnB album where every other track is "ft. so-and-so", but thankfully I highly doubt they would go that route.

• 2 weeks later...

There are several things I like and dislike about this song. I like the fact that they decided to take the risk of including Rihanna on a song, knowing that many of their fans would be against it. A test of faith, if you will. I also love the main hook, from the moment I first heard the Rock im Park video I had it stuck in my head! :D The actual Rihanna duet itself doesn't bother me, as I agree that her voice compliments Chris' quite well. However, it goes a bit over-the-top dramatic in places especially the "you really hurt me" part :\

One complaint I have is that there is not enough of Jonny in this song. Where is the guitar at? :guitarist: :laugh3: I do love a song with a good bass line though, and Mr Berryman does not disappoint. I guess another reason I like it is it's a surprisingly dark song, especially in contrast to U.F.O. and Up In Flames, and it sort of feels like the 'Chinese Sleep Chant' of the album (in terms of sound, not references to China :P)

In total I would give it a solid 8 out of 10.

I already don't like it because it doesn't really fit in with the album and feels like 'HAY we're kinda popular now so maybe we can duet with some well-known R&B artist!!'

For me, Rihanna and Chris don't go well together. It just sounds a bit awkward. They have perfectly good voices separately but together... do not like.

*prays for cp & rihanna to perfrom at the brits*

I read some time ago that this was the plan (that was a month ago when Rihanna had say YES to come and perform - and expressed that she would like to perform Princess of China with Coldplay who are also going to perform. Now that Coldplay is confirmed performer, then I am sure that your dream comes true. I would also like to see that cooperation performed LIVE.

I read some time ago that this was the plan (that was a month ago when Rihanna had say YES to come and perform - and expressed that she would like to perform Princess of China with Coldplay who are also going to perform. Now that Coldplay is confirmed performer, then I am sure that your dream comes true. I would also like to see that cooperation performed LIVE.

yesssss!!! :nice:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I do like Princess of China. I can live comfortably with Rihanna's vocals although I think it would have been a better song had another female artist done her part like Lily Allen. That said I've been playing it on my acoustic guitar and I do love the chords.

The reason why it's amazing is because it doesn't try to be amazing. Paradise sounded like it was trying to be amazing. ETIAW sounded like that too. This is so straight-forward and atmospheric. GAHH!! I LOVE IT!

Holy crap this just hit the nail on the head for me!

• 2 weeks later...

For me this song is like a Сhinese silk... or those paper lanterns... so soft and fragile... like porcelain. Warm wind in the night... When I heard about Rihanna, I thought "How could they? It would be a disaster". But I really liked it. It's the first song for me, where Chris's voice sounds really, openly sexy. The only part I can't bear is lalala.

I do like this song, it's actually one of my favorites off the album. It's incredibly catchy, and I never would've pegged Rihanna and Chris's voices as working together, but I think they do. I think they also worked with her not because they were hoping to reach the top 40 crowd but because they genuinely wanted to try something with her, it's a sincere experiment, I feel, and I like that.

I'm very curious to see how their performance at the Grammys will go :).

I do like this song, it's actually one of my favorites off the album. It's incredibly catchy, and I never would've pegged Rihanna and Chris's voices as working together, but I think they do. I think they also worked with her not because they were hoping to reach the top 40 crowd but because they genuinely wanted to try something with her, it's a sincere experiment, I feel, and I like that.

I'm very curious to see how their performance at the Grammys will go :).

This, thank you for pointing that out :nod:

I just trust them, as artists and individuals. We don't really know them (I mean we're not their family or friends or anything, we're just fans), but still, I think we can claim they still have integrity, and be pretty accurate. So I don't agree (and I gotta say I'm a bit shocked) when people say they sold out, they did this collab to hit the top 40 crowd...

And one collab with a Rihanna doesn't equal a whole album containing duets with LMFAO, Pitbull or Sean Paul. Think about how frightening it would be :worried2: