✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone not listening to the album.

SprayCanSoul

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding off because in listening to Major, Waterfall and Paradise I feel i've actually spoilt more of the album than I originally felt I would because a good number of the 14 tracks actually consist of interludes, so I won't have 11 unheard tracks when I purchase the album. So i'm definitely holding off.

I like the three i've heard so far. The last few years I have spoiled albums for myself by listening online. There's just a certain thrill I get from putting the disc on for the first time and track by track getting to know the album.

I will ask though; if I liked the three tracks I mentioned above, i'm going to like the album?

The only songs from MX I've heard are.

Charlie Brown (including Studio version)

Major Minus

ETIAW

Paradise

And about 30 seconds of Up in Flames (Live version)

So I've basically got the whole album to listen too :P

Can't wait till next Monday!

You guys are amazing for waiting. I can't imagine how good it will sound for those of you who havn't even listened to the stuff they played at festivals. You're in for a major treat :)

I can't say I haven't been tempted, it's been pretty damn hard actually. Keep in mind I have heard three songs (Waterfall, Major & Paradise) because they were officially unveiled on the band's website so I assume the band actually want the fans to hear them in the same way they'd want a single to be appreciated. I actually don't believe there really is any such thing as a single anymore, so I consider the online YouTube streams at Coldplay.com to be the next best thing. But, October is a very good month for me as the following artists, of whom are also favourites of mine, have albums out this month to keep me busy:

- Noel Gallagher

- Joe Henry

- Tom Waits

- Metallica/Lou Reed collaboration

It truly is ROCKtober for me :)

Ha I got so tempted last night as I wasn't really doing anything and I played the 1st 30 secs of POC and thought it sounded pretty good. Then again, I like some of Rihanna's songs (yeah, yeah, whatever!).

A few hours later I saw a link to the leak and started to download it, but canceled it about half way :lol: - mostly as it was taking forever and figured it was a sign! :evil:

So I will wait. It's less than a week. I just need to keep myself occupied! :lol:

Ha I got so tempted last night as I wasn't really doing anything and I played the 1st 30 secs of POC and thought it sounded pretty good. Then again, I like some of Rihanna's songs (yeah, yeah, whatever!).

A few hours later I saw a link to the leak and started to download it, but canceled it about half way :lol: - mostly as it was taking forever and figured it was a sign! :evil:

So I will wait. It's less than a week. I just need to keep myself occupied! :lol:

It's this Friday :lol: Come on, think of how long it's been since VLV, what's a few more days? In fact, the gap between albums this time around has been better than ever for Coldplay when you think of it because we've had an EP, a free live album and a Christmas single. I think some fans are just a little spoilt ;)

I waited this long and already know half of the songs, so for the rest, I want to have the exquisite pleasure of a quiet, empty house where I can turn the music up, put the record on, and shut the world outside until the lights come on...... over and over and over again!!!

I can't listen to Paradise past the first chorus. "Para..Para..Paradise" doesn't sound like paradise, it sounds like being stuck in hell! It makes you want to hold your ears and yell "Make it stop!!". The only thing it's good for is interrogation. Have Barney the dinosaur sing Paradise, you'll get whatever you want out of them real fast!

Damn, I caved and listened to the sampler! :sick: I have no willpower I guess, ha. Glad I did though as I think it satiated my appetite for now and since it's official and I've heard most of these live already, I don't feel so bad! If they release a side B (inevitable I think) I'm going to try and withhold listening to that one as that's where all the tracks I haven't heard are! :bomb:

Honestly though, the sampler doesn't play much of each song. Some get more airtime than others. I was just really curious about the studio versions of the tracks played live. HLH vocals are kind of off from the little bit I heard, but I still think it mostly sounds like the live version :)