✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto or Viva la Vida?

JackColdplay

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted this on another thread.. i really liked the Viva La Vida era cause i got to see them twice in Mexico City and they were the best concerts i've ever been to but i felt the whole era was sort of depressing, or maybe not depressive but grim, with the exception of Strawberry Swing (the song and the video) and Lovers In Japan (the butterflies are definitely in my top 3 gig moments ever) but everything else just felt dark, also Viva La Vida (the song) was brutally overplayed and i ended up getting sick of it... this era, on the contrary, is so upbeat, they seem and sound so happy and it just rubs off on me, i'm loving it. It's too early to judge the concerts cause i haven't seen them live with the MX show yet but i know one thing, when i do get to see them live, i'll be wearing a diaper, otherwise something really bad will happen during Hurts Like Heaven and during Charlie Brown, they sound massive live and if they play DLIBYH i'll die a happy man :)

I'd answer MX to all of the apart from artwork.

I think the music is better, actually more coldplayish. Prefer CB (which still should be the big single) to VLV.

The clothing is usually better for MX, altho I don't like the over colourful stuff that Chris sometimes wears. I was never a big fan of the VLV clothing, especially the brighter coloured jackets! Darker ones looked OK as a big of a change.

Concerts are definitely better in MX era. All coldplay concerts are incredible but the MX songs are better live than the VLV ones generally. MM, CB, HLH all incredible live. Think there are more lasers this time which are good, less confetti as well. Plus GPASUYF is amazing at the moment!

But the VLV artwork is better. MX artwork is a bit messy, altho I like the grey MX cover. The VLV painting was such an iconic choice for the cover and the single covers were a bit more interesting than walls of graffiti every time.

Music: Equal, MX has more songs I like, VLVODAAHF is so atmospheric though

Clothing: MX, the psudo-military/revolutionary look was ridiculous for Coldplay

Artwork: MX, much more imaginitive

Concerts: MX, all the good songs from before plus new ones I love

Music: Equal, MX has more songs I like, VLVODAAHF is so atmospheric though

Clothing: MX, the psudo-military/revolutionary look was ridiculous for Coldplay

Artwork: MX, much more imaginitive

Concerts: MX, all the good songs from before plus new ones I love

MX for me 3 wins, 1 draw:D

Viva La vida :heart:

It was thanks to that album that I discovered Coldplay, and I also think that it's a better album overall. It's problably my favourite album along with Parachutes, there isn't one song on that album that I doesn't love :) !

Hmmm, this is difficult. I've always loved really strong and brights colors so the visual effect of MX is really working on me, but I'm not quite sure about the songs. They're different in a way, since VLV songs were something like separate short stories and MX is the opposite idea. But, I guess I'd pick MX... The songs are brighter and happier thought :)

• 8 months later...

like them equally.

MX's has better artwork and music vids in my opinon. plus i love johnnys riffs. they are better then his ones in VLV. when i listen to MX, i see bright colours.

i love their clothes from both ablums, i love chirs martins jackt from both albums.

but having said all the good things about MX, in some ways, MX lacks feelings, VLV artwork, lyrics, everything, has more feeling then MX, ecept for up in flames and paradise. i prefer violet hill and lost to most of MX, apart from ETDIAW and HLH. i can play life in technicolor ii and VLV on my guitar so thats another reason why i love VLV.

so, i love MX and VLV both the same, cause theyre coldplay :laugh3:

(but im more of sn X&Y kinda girl)