✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

Coldplay has been known to dabble in different sounds, but I do think it's time to part ways with Brian Eno. Just because they've done two albums with him, and, well, that's enough. I definitely think it's time for that all acoustic record they were thinking about.

im sure they will. they must have realized what a damage another MX-sounding album will do. my dream is for them to work with nelson again at some point

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is time to go back to the Parachutes and AROBTTH era. Everybody knows Coldplay now because of Viva and Paradise. If they make an album in the old style, everybody will say they are worldclass. In my opinion, the music during that era is the best that's ever been written, but the big public doesn't know songs like One I Love, We Never Change and Everything's Not Lost. You can't dislike those songs, and with Coldplay's popularity everybody will like them, I think. Just my opinion. They will be the new Beatles.

so I gave it a 7. I know Chris's voice was taking a beating b/c of his cold. I really liked that they did the autistic POC but i felt there was no chemistry between CM & Rhi, but how could there be with the 1 minute they shared together on stage? it must be extremely hard with all the acts rushing on and off the stage to make that connection. Listen I love the zylobands, I think they are amazing, can't wait to get one and the set was quite cool. I love seeing Coldplay in concert but this is what it boils down to. It was just an award show and everyone who performed gave 110% and so much must have been going on. Award shows and gigs are two different things. It's hard to judge anyone who performed b/c of the whole logistics of the event. Everyone's nerves and ego's are on edge. so I don't really think its fair to pass judgment.I love to hear Paradise live. That being said, and it's just my opinion but with all the goings on what really blew me away was the simpleness of Adele and Jennifer Hudson . Now could i sit through and entire gig of Jennifer Hudson? probably not, give me all the balloons, lights, lasers and butterflies of Coldplay any day! I truly enjoyed the show except for the "what the?" and "I'm Scared Mommy" moment with Nicki Minaj or how ever you spell her name. Thought the Chipolte commercial was adorable. edit not enough shots of Jonny on stage

Unfortunately, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to moving ahead with the times. They are criticized if they don't "grow" and remain the same and criticized if they deviate from what they were in the beginning. I personally will take whatever they dish out as long as they keep dishing it. A world without Coldplay would suck.

I know I've said this before, but the negative comments/articles are really bothering me because I'm sure they are bothering Chris and his quirky, yet wonderful, personality. Can you imagine how he feels going into the Brits? There are some people saying that the Willie Nelson (yuck!) cover of their song was better than them. He stresses, and always has, so much over his vocals anyway, so I'm sure this guts him.

I can't help it!

I think that it is time to go back to the Parachutes and AROBTTH era. Everybody knows Coldplay now because of Viva and Paradise. If they make an album in the old style, everybody will say they are worldclass. In my opinion, the music during that era is the best that's ever been written, but the big public doesn't know songs like One I Love, We Never Change and Everything's Not Lost. You can't dislike those songs, and with Coldplay's popularity everybody will like them, I think. Just my opinion. They will be the new Beatles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to moving ahead with the times. They are criticized if they don't "grow" and remain the same and criticized if they deviate from what they were in the beginning. I personally will take whatever they dish out as long as they keep dishing it. A world without Coldplay would suck.

I know I've said this before, but the negative comments/articles are really bothering me because I'm sure they are bothering Chris and his quirky, yet wonderful, personality. Can you imagine how he feels going into the Brits? There are some people saying that the Willie Nelson (yuck!) cover of their song was better than them. He stresses, and always has, so much over his vocals anyway, so I'm sure this guts him.

I can't help it!

You are very wise. Coldplay tries new things and moves forward, and some people like it, some don't. Some are wishing for Parachutes again, some are wishing for AROBTTH again. I don't know how they would have made it doing Parachutes every album! Wouldn't they be Keane or One Republic? And no way the Willie Nelson cover is better, I love the guitar part but cringe when he starts singing. That's just the haters, who have never really heard all of a Coldplay song.

I L:heart:VE THIS POST!:D:D:D:D:D

I'm a real fan of coldplay only since december so i don't know if i really can take part in the discussion, but i don't think coldplay has changed so much from the beginning until now.

Every song, from the first one of the first album to the last one on the last album, has the typical and lovely coldplay-sound. Off course the songs are not all the same or similar, but they have one thing in common and that's the coldplay-sound which has never left. And by coldplay-sound i don't mean CM's voice off course.

Honestly, I think it's been a bit overblown. It wasn't bad. I wish the Rihanna thing never happened, but it was fine. Chris came to the states just days ago and has had 4 big events to do....while not feeling well. I'm sure they cancelled the Australia trip next week because he's been under the weather and needs time to rest his voice and get well.

I hope my cousin austalien from Brisbane Chris (3 rd generation and not same blood ) is not a fan of Coldplay . but not know. I know only his father-in-law.

but there are ways to made things and everyone is happy.

just an interview.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XRo_Oxibeo]Shane Warne - Chris Martin Interview (Part 1) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf0hn3tvkA&feature=related]Shane Warne - Chris Martin Interview (Part 2) - YouTube[/ame]

OK, and I have to whine a little. Not ONE single itty bitty pic of Jonny from the whole Grammys performance? I think I only was him on camera twice, so it shouldn't surprise me. The show's producers put most of the focus on Chris and Rihanna, not the band. That bothered me that night, but I thought 'it's just me'. But it's still annoying me now.

:nod: Agree with this completely.

I can't help it!

He does have some definite confidence issues, yeah. I mean, they're grown men, so they can handle it, not everyone will like what they do. And I certainly agree that constructive criticism is necessary, that an artist of any sort shouldn't just have "yes men" around them all the time prasing every last thing they do. Absolutely true.

But yeah. I dunno. It's hard for me to be too critical of anything I love, be it music, movies. TV, what have you. Certainly I have my personal dislikes-songs I don't care for, albums that aren't their greatest (or if it's a TV show, episodes that aren't my favorite, and so on), and I do share those opinions when the situation calls for it. But I guess because it's hard for me to find people where I live who share my interests, I'd prefer, when I find others who like something I like, to talk about the good stuff and not weigh so much on the bad. And if I don't like something, I don't presume that everyone else should hate it, too. Everyone's opinions will differ. If you like it, fine. If you don't, fine.

I guess also I can kinda relate to Chris in the "lack of confidence sometimes" department, so that might factor into my reasoning, too.

OK, and I have to whine a little. Not ONE single itty bitty pic of Jonny from the whole Grammys performance? I think I only was him on camera twice, so it shouldn't surprise me. The show's producers put most of the focus on Chris and Rihanna, not the band. That bothered me that night, but I thought 'it's just me'. But it's still annoying me now.

:nod:Kinda like the NRJ music awards and Nikos' "Chris Martin...& his musicians" all over again! :angry:

pffff :phu:

:nod:Kinda like the NRJ music awards and Nikos' "Chris Martin...& his musicians" all over again! :angry:

pffff :phu:

Yes!

I meant to say 'saw' not 'was',lol. But yeah. Apparently it's not like Chris needs a band now. I know He doesn't feel that way, but these award show producers seem to. I LOVE all 4 members of the band, but seeing...er...NOT seeing Jonny at the Grammys kinda broke my heart.

Coldplay IS FOUR!

Yes!

I meant to say 'saw' not 'was',lol. But yeah. Apparently it's not like Chris needs a band now. I know He doesn't feel that way, but these award show producers seem to. I LOVE all 4 members of the band, but seeing...er...NOT seeing Jonny at the Grammys kinda broke my heart.

Coldplay IS FOUR!

That's true, and it is sad that everyone is always talking about Chris Martin and his band. I know Chris hates that also. Some people are talking about a solo carreer, but I am going mad and angry when someone says that. I really get a sick feeling. The same with Chris. When Howard (great interview) asked Chris about a solo thing, Chris was getting so uncomfortable, he almost couldn't find the right words to say that's absolutely ridiculous. This band is all about the 4/5 people, not something like the FF where it is all Dave Grohl. People have to say more about the other band members and have to ask more questions during interviews to them I think. But maybe the boys are fine with it.

That's true, and it is sad that everyone is always talking about Chris Martin and his band. I know Chris hates that also. Some people are talking about a solo carreer, but I am going mad and angry when someone says that. I really get a sick feeling. The same with Chris. When Howard (great interview) asked Chris about a solo thing, Chris was getting so uncomfortable, he almost couldn't find the right words to say that's absolutely ridiculous. This band is all about the 4/5 people, not something like the FF where it is all Dave Grohl. People have to say more about the other band members and have to ask more questions during interviews to them I think. But maybe the boys are fine with it.

And talks about the interview ?

because when I wanted my friend translate frankly told me, Chris Martin takes refuge in the songs to forget the matter and showbiz career of his wife and apparently it is so hot that must be in love with someone.

well if I had a head of psycho she did not notice.

I am still in shock that Skrillex that stupid dumb dj won 3 grammy it is making a mockery of the music industry its just NOT MUSIC!!!!!

I wish he would have stayed in that squat where he came from get lost DUDE!!!!!

who the fuck is Skrillex? He sounds like a cleaning product.