✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

I love the paradise performance. The POC performance was okay. Chris and Rihanna just didn't have much chemistry. But the acoustic version was a nice surprise. Knowing a lot of Coldplay fans aren't fond of Rihanna, cutting POC short and moved onto Paradise was a smart move. The guys looked great .

I thought they might get one Grammy last night but Foo Fighter got them all. Oh well! MX is like X&Y, popular but not for Grammy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting Light is better than Mylo Xyloto in... Well... Everything.

What a bummer that they are wasting the light and that Coldplay does the exact opposite. They embrace light in all it´s forms with MX.

Sorry, first thing that came to my mind reading this.

Anyways, my review:

After 3,5 hrs of sleep my phone woke me up: 2 am, Coldplay time.

Start my laptop, find the right link to a good stream and sit around and wait for the boys to appear on my screen.

And then finally it started. First I had to sit through 'We Found Love' from Rihanna. Nice song, but performance is too much slut-like (sorry). Then the camera focused on Chris. Lovely clothes, looks good. He starts strumming his guitar and starts to sing. You could clearly hear he was nervous. Nervous about the first performance of PoC live with Rihanna, nervous for his voice when he's sick? On the other hand, Rihanna wasn't in tune at all. She was pretty much gasping for air and trying to deliver anything out of her that would tune with Chris.

I was quite surprised by the acoustic version. I expected it to be like on the album: more dancable and probably favoured by younger audience. But thinking of Paradise following, this acoustic version was a nice transition from 'We Found Love' to the second part of their performance. I can't choose which one would have been more appropriate in this setting and which one would have been better to promote.

The choice for Paradise was somewhat interesting too. It sounded and looked ok, but again Chris' voice was a little shaky and he had to squeek some tones out of his throat. Maybe they had to do Paradise because it's on the Grammy-album, but I would've prefered to hear 'Charlie Brown'. They could have put CB into the picture more than it is now and realy promote the single. But maybe his voice couldn't handle this song at the moment.

It would've been great though if on the screen behind Coldplay they would show the CB music video and also the video for 'We Found Love' when Rihanna performed her song. Hmmm, Deja Vu?

After all, I enjoyed watching it (as I do with every single Coldplay-related thing that isn't hatefull to Coldplay). I stuck around till 4 am and went of to bed for 2 more hours of sleep. Energy-wise this nightbreak wasn't such a great idea: I had a tough day at work, but watching and reading about Coldplay when back home cheered me up (accompanied with a piece of chocolate;))

Huffington Post

Adele's comeback performance of Rolling In The Deep stole the Grammy Awards show last night. However, things weren't so great for fellow Brit Chris Martin, who struggled to create such a stir as he sang Coldplay's hit Paradise.

Sounding off-key and croaky, frontman Martin battled through the song, fighting the bad cold that has prompted the band to scrap upcoming Australian tour dates.

It is clear : POC doesn't work live, acoustic or not... I don't think we'll hear it again !

It's good on the album that's all.

Paradise performance was ok but it's true that now, Coldplay should play other songs, like Charlie Brown, some new and fresh stuff.

Dave Grohl ruffled some feathers didn't he? I honestly, don't think he was calling out Coldplay or the EDM people. He was calling out acts like Katy Perry who use autotune to hide their voice. Also, Wasting Light is a damn good album and deserved to win.

As for Coldplay's performance, it was rough. Chris Martin is obviously sick and I hope he gets some rest because his voice needs it. I was at the show Wednesday and he sounded fine. I too would have preferred Charlie Brown, but it seems bands were performing their nominated songs, Bruce excepting, so there you go.

So I recorded the Grammy Awards and watched Coldplay's performance. Paradise was very good :) It wasn't perfect, but I loved their performance. I loved PoC until Rihanna came to sing :S Chris' guitar playing and singing was perfect, but Rihanna didn't sing very well... That's my opinion

I love Coldplay, hands down. I've noticed from years ago, they never do their best in the artificial environment of televised performances. Chris almost always seems nervous and hyper and somehow his voice is off. Last night was the same. (I didn't know he was ill until reading some comments above). The music itself was good, the vocals weak, even in the chorus when the other guys sing...they sounded soft and almost non-existent. It makes me sad, b/c I know what they're capable of, yet they never seem to express that on TV in front of mainstream America. I guess that's a good thing. The POC duet was not good either. Rhi was out of breath from her previous performance, and the two voices never meddled well. There were awkward transitions from her song to POC then into Paradise. Good idea in theory, but just didn't work well on stage.

I will say, that in the category of best rock song (or whichever award was televised), Foo Fighters were the weakest band in that category; up against Mumford and Sons, Radiohead, CP and Decemberists, they were the least interesting to me...I do not understand how they swept all those awards.

I haven't read everything everyone else has written here. But I wanted to put my two cents in on the Adele conversation. She is a different performer; beautiful voice, with the ability to convey emotion, so much so, that I get chills and choke up every time she starts a song. She chooses not to be glitzy, glammy and over-produced like Rhi-Rhi and Gaga and Katy Perry and Nicky and on and on... I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT! She does her own thing, her own way. She was gorgeous and stunning, and I rather look at her standing on stage in a simple black dress singing, than seeing Rhianna half naked and dancing like a stripper. Boring some say, but that is RAW talent. Go Adele. She deserved every Grammy she won!

I rarely comment on these forums, U usually just read other coldplayers comments. and last time i did comment fellow coldplayers picked on me for my bad grammer and composition, so please forgive me....but i feel like i wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me that someone in coldplay's management is gonna lose there job after this album... the decision to go with etiaw for the lead in single was a terrible one, i think we all agree with that now, and the charts also agree... and also the fact that the CB video release was delayed and then released before an official announcement of a CB single release. when do artist ever release a music video before the actuall record is released. by now mx has lost alot of momentum and CB might have been a great single months ago but now it may not chart as high. it just seems to me that there is some obvious disagreeing in the coldplay camp..sometimes a band has to do just that be a band and stick to playing there music and have other people decide when and how to release an lp, and it seems like the band might have to much control over these matters...they should leave it to the experts... or better experts which is my point exactly.

and one more thing.... this is just my opinon. I was looking thru old coldplay articles from magazines that i saved during the x&y era, before x&y had been released, and CM was talking about how this is there best record yet and how they were so happy with it and confident about it.....well then during the VLV articles 4 years later they talked about how frustrated they where while recording x&y and how it almost broke them apart and how they didnt like the record, because to many people told them what to do. I have a feeling that three or four years from now when they release lp6 they will be saying the samething about MX. i think only time will tell about how they really feel about this album. with all that said a actually like MX more that VLV... i just hope this is the last time they work with brian eno, and it looks like it probably will be.

AUDIO

Tracklist:

1. Rihanna - We Found Love

2. Coldplay feat Rihanna - Princess Of China

3. Coldplay - Paradise

MP3@320kbps from *.ts 1080p. - 21.59MB

Download:

*link removed by Moderator*

COVER REQUESTED

I'll be honest, I thought POC would be a disaster, especially after I saw Rihanna's outfit. But when Chris came out with that acoustic guitar I felt like he was making sure people knew he was a rocker. It's all well and good to perform with Rihanna on the record, but I thought non Coldplay fans watching would think they were some pop group, but Chris playing that acoustic version made me so proud. Contrary to many people on the board, I don't think PoC is selling out. But to those people who think it is, take a look at Chris up there sticking it to the man. That's the way I saw it at least!:P

Admitingly though, Rihanna sounded drunk, and she probally was. I had low expectations for her and she still fell short of them. She seemed unenthusiastic. Sorry Rihanna fans......just my opinion.

What is the problem guys? Why do we worry so much about last night? Okay, it wasn't that great, but they were rocking the Grammy's with the xylobands and the graffiti. Chris' voice wasn't good, but we know how beautiful he can sing and what a great person he is.

PoC was as awkward as I expected it to be. And transitioning from slow-to-fast was jarring in both cases.

Paradise was better but still weak compared to them live. They all need a break because they seem to be overdoing it massively.

Also: very glad Foo Fighters nabbed the awards in the category that Coldplay were in. Sorry but ETIAW (not rock) winning 'best rock song/performance' verses 'Walk' (actually rock) would've been atrocious.

ETIAW not rock? since when? because it has synths?

Ok: it doesn't follow the generic verse chorus verse formation

it has BOOMING drums

it has guitar riffs

it has frikin guitars that sound like bagpipes!

ugh, i'm just going to say this because i feel as though i have to.

Just because you're a Coldplay fan, it doesn't mean you can't dislike a performance or song. You're no less of a fan if you simply dislike one of the performances or songs. It's better to face the facts than be in denial about a group you love. So how can 50 people say that the performance was brilliant? Don't get me wrong, Coldplay are always above the standard of many artists but you can't say that the performance was a perfect 10/10. I don't want to further hate and list the reasons why because it helps no one but you must open your eyes. People aren't perfect, so don't make them seem perfect but saying a performance was 10/10 flawless when it noticeably wasn't.

Paradise was amazing and i think Chris was singing it good as always.. PoC unfortunatly wasn't that good, but mostly because rihanna fucked it up. She indeed looked drunk and het outfit was just horrible. Also i had hoped Chris and Rihanna would perform together, move together on the stage and stuff. But Chris was just standing there with his guitar. And though i liked the acoustic version of PoC, i would have liked it more if the whole band would play it.

Sorry for my bad english..:)