✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Xyloband starts glowing 3 days after concert

Batman

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How To Light Up Your Band

Say Coldplay in Sunderland last night and brought the Xylobands home for the kids to keep as souveniers. So I started searching tonight for a way to activate the bands and came across this thread. Meanwhile my kids figured out that by sticking a paperclip into the slot that the battery 'lit' plastic was in that they can make the band light up. It must short across a terminal inside. Not as good as having it flashing obviously but great way to show others what they look like.

My Xyloband turned itself on!I didnt even touch it, it just turned itself on haha and its still on a few hours later. And I got the wristband at the Ricoh Arena concert more than a week ago! I took a picture using my phone but not sure how to post it here.

I tried seeing if the light reacts to music by playing charlie brown loud on my stereo but it doesnt lol, I dont understand how it turned on lol, I hope it stays on forever now

Ooh ooh mine flashed this morning.. ONCE. LOL.. I got quite excited.. I was sitting up in bed having my cuppa before I had to get up, the lights were off as I don't like to get woken up too fast. My xyloband lives on my bedpost...and flash! Just once.. ONCE? I live in the UK.. and it was 6.30am.. Strange. (I woke up quite fast at that point!). :laugh3:

Mine was lit up this morning at exactly the same time! I just woke up and BAM it was on! It's still on now, an hour later, so I'm not too sure when it'll go off.

Thing is, I don't even live near London or any of the other shows, so unless they're sending out the signals while on the road, I'm not sure how they're turning on.

i've been keeping my xyloband in a drawer because i'd lost hope that it hadn't light up after a week after the concert (May 2, hollywood bowl) lol.. i should probably tape it on my bedroom wall. yes, i shall do that! it will be a hopeful transmission. :cool:

thank you boys - good times continue to roll - to have my xyloto band light up was a blast beyond belief... and way beyond the realms of the emirates stadium - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my love.... xxx brian xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two of my bands started glowing last night whilst I was asleep.. I have them in a frame next to my bed!

(we have three one from each of us from the Emirates - and one from the O2 gig)

14b09266.jpg

When I woke up this morning, there they were.. glowing.. and the funny thing is...

I dreamed I was going to a Coldplay gig last night! The dream was SO real too.. how amazing and then I woke up to found this?? :o (please excuse the teddybears LOL).

I got two at the Etihad Stadium too. I live in rural South West Scotland. My green one was lit up (not flashing, just glowing) when I came home from town this afternoon. Then at tea time my red one joined it! During the evening the green one went off (run out of battery?), but the red one is still glowing. Would love to know how this happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an interesting link I found...

http://www.edaboard.com/thread244416.html

http://www.roundsolutions.com/shop/products/en/Modules-and-accessories/ISM-RF-Module/Telit-RF-Module-868-MHz-TinyOne-PRO-with-external-antenna-connec.html

Apparently it is indeed actuated by radio frequency! So if we could say... replicate said prescribed frequency, we could make our own little Charlie Brown Xyloband sequence! :D

I wonder if each color combo works under a different frequency, because not all of them go off at once. Or, maybe not even by color. I wonder if each band uses multiple frequencies becuase sometimes hey were staggered, sometimes not! I wonder!?

I wondered if certain colours work on the same frequency because we have a total of 4 bands from the first Toronto show. When I woke up the next morning the red one was glowing and it stayed on for about 15 minutes.

Then later that night we got home from Toronto and I gave my youngest daughter a different red one and as soon as she put it on her arm it turned on. She was so excited and thought she was magic since I just finished telling her they only come on at the concert. LOL

We had her put on our white and pink ones, but they did not come on. Weird that only the two red ones would. The red one she put on stayed on all night until the batteries wore out about 9 hours later.

I would love to find out what frequency they used and be able to make it go on and off. I almost want to wear it out and around all day to see if any frequencies out in the world would activate it.

Then later that night we got home from Toronto and I gave my youngest daughter a different red one and as soon as she put it on her arm it turned on. She was so excited and thought she was magic since I just finished telling her they only come on at the concert. LOL

Hahahah awwww that's so cute! :wacky:

• 2 weeks later...