✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Hunger Games/Catching Fire (spoilers included)

StarsKay

I just finished the book! Without a doubt it leaves you wanting to know what happens next, i'll have to get the next one quickly :lol:

Oh that's fantastic! Now you should see the movie and now I can say it won't disappoint (and also doesn't overlap in anyway whatsoever with the second book). I can already see you buying the final book right after you've finished the second one as that part in the story leaves you not only shocked but unbelievably hungry for more (pun intended, haha:D).

I saw the movie two days ago, and I loved it.

I mean yeah, it left out some stuff, but you have to do that.

I cried in way too many places.

When Rue is killed, wow, I knew it was coming but still fairly intense moment. Totally could hear a pin drop in the cinema theatre.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that's fantastic! Now you should see the movie and now I can say it won't disappoint (and also doesn't overlap in anyway whatsoever with the second book). I can already see you buying the final book right after you've finished the second one as that part in the story leaves you not only shocked but unbelievably hungry for more (pun intended, haha:D).

I really want to see the movie, but now i'm in the US and i'm afraid I won't understand everything they say :\ I know what's going to happen but it's still nice to understand what they say :P

I think i'll buy the second and the third book together so I can keep on reading right after I finish the second book :lol:

When Rue is killed, wow, I knew it was coming but still fairly intense moment. Totally could hear a pin drop in the cinema theatre.

Yeah, it was incredible how they made that scene.

I told myself I wasn't going to cry but when that came up I was all 'screw this I'm crying.'

I also cried when Peeta was talking about how he met Katniss.

:|

I finally bought Catching Fire :D

That's wonderful to hear! In the past week, 3 others I know have started reading the trilogy and they are constantly raving about it. Just what I want to hear :-)

Yeah, it was incredible how they made that scene.

I told myself I wasn't going to cry but when that came up I was all 'screw this I'm crying.'

I also cried when Peeta was talking about how he met Katniss.

:|

That was arguably my favourite part of the first book: Peeta revealing his love for Katniss. Love it!

Too bad Rue had to die; I would've loved her character to persist a little longer though I'm being selfish as her sad and sudden death was pivotal in the rising revolts. I got to say, Suzanne Collins has a great imagination!

I watched the movie on Wednesday (pretty good, although I got annoyed with a couple of idiots in the audience playing on their phone pretty much all the way though), and got the book trilogy on Friday to read whenever I get around to reading them.

I watched the movie on Wednesday (pretty good, although I got annoyed with a couple of idiots in the audience playing on their phone pretty much all the way though), and got the book trilogy on Friday to read whenever I get around to reading them.

A fellow coworker brought the book in today after hearing me ramble on about it a few weeks ago. She started reading it yesterday and already is halfway through the book, and is already planning on getting the trilogy as she already finds it quite addictive. I guess that's a long way if saying that once you've gotten around to reading it, don't make any other plans for the rest of the day! ;-)

• 1 month later...

The Hunger Games Thread

I'm sorry, but I felt like there should be (another) thread about the hunger games. I love them even though I know some middle school kids are reading them. They're awesome!!! Post anything you like... also other teenz, post good books on here, too!!

• 2 weeks later...

I read all three books in a short amount of time last summer. Just before the movie came out in March, I re-read the entire series very slowly. I loved it the first time and loved it so much more the second time. I will read the books each time a new movies comes out!! There were some things changed, but Suzanne Collins helped with the screenplay, so I was okay for the most part of things taken out.

A bit off topic: If you loved the Hunger Games Trilogy and are looking for another series that sucks you in as much, then try Divergent by Veronica Roth. It is AMAZING!!!! I love, love, love the Hunger Games, but I think I might love Divergent (and Insurgent) a smidge bit more!

• 3 weeks later...
I havent read the whole thread but i loved the series, until the end, that ending was terrible.

If you read the series again, the ending makes a little more sense.

At first, I felt like she rushed through it (because I knew she was helping with the screenplay). But, upon re-reading (much slower through the second time), I changed my perspective on it a bit!

• 1 year later...
Guest LiquidSky

bump :idea2:

so with the new song and all. Are there any coldplay fans that are gonna go see this movie? (Catching fire)

You can buy your tickets now

link

Guest LiquidSky

I think I'm going to go see the movie. I enjoyed the first one but I have not read any of the books, so I'm looking forward to it. Are you planning on going on the premier date?

I think I'm going to go see the movie. I enjoyed the first one but I have not read any of the books, so I'm looking forward to it. Are you planning on going on the premier date?

:no: I'll probably end up going with some Uni friends. If I have any friends by then that is ...

• 1 month later...