✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CHARLIE BROWN MUSIC VIDEO! (both studio and live videos in first post)

I_saw_sparks_87

^ That's exactly my problem. It doesn't seem like it's a Coldplay video. Pick any bum up off the street and tell them to direct a music video and you (mostly likely) will get a video like Charlie Brown's. It's not original (except for perhaps the neon paint and Xylobands) and there's nothing really special about it.

/rant over

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's exactly my problem. It doesn't seem like it's a Coldplay video. Pick any bum up off the street and tell them to direct a music video and you (mostly likely) will get a video like Charlie Brown's. It's not original (except for perhaps the neon paint and Xylobands) and there's nothing really special about it.

/rant over

Yeah, and I hope they wouldn't have another mv like this if their next one will be Princess of China. :\

it's all personal opinion. I respect that. But people have to accept that artists change their musical style. Playing the same kind of music is rather, frankly boring. Pushing your musical boundaries can be hard but rewarding. Just had to get this off. No disrespect towards anyone.

Not gonna lie...worst Coldplay video ever. Even the Yellow video was better. I do not think of people makking out when I listen to CB. Paradise and ETIAW were amazing. This was crap.

If I keep seeing the video for Charlie Brown I am gonna start hating the song. Just like I learned to ... tolerate Paradise , the song , after seeing that awesome video.

it's all personal opinion. I respect that. But people have to accept that artists change their musical style. Playing the same kind of music is rather, frankly boring. Pushing your musical boundaries can be hard but rewarding. Just had to get this off. No disrespect towards anyone.

this has nothing to do with what the video is like.

Seriously, what's wrong with the studio version video? I really liked it and I think it's way better than the Paradise one (I have the weird feeling that they're trolling us during that video :\ ) and there's only one scene in it that I didn't like but it's ok. This video is not as great as ETIAW or Strawberry Swing but it's very good, IMO

P.S. No Coldplay video will ever reach (I hope) the ugliness of The Hardest Part :nod:

Seriously, what's wrong with the studio version video? I really liked it and I think it's way better than the Paradise one (I have the weird feeling that they're trolling us during that video :\ ) and there's only one scene in it that I didn't like but it's ok. This video is not as great as ETIAW or Strawberry Swing but it's very good, IMO

P.S. No Coldplay video will ever reach (I hope) the ugliness of The Hardest Part :nod:

I have to disagree with you. The Hardest Part video is amazingly weirdly beautiful :wacky:

:snobby:

No, it's just an awful imitation of Weezer's Buddy Holly :snobby:

No it's not :snobby:

The only point in common is the fact that they put the band performing in a different time. But that's it. Nothing compares to the strength & talent of that old lady, very inspiring :wacky:

Not to mention Coldplay's videos have evolved plenty. But this has not really been a positive one. Paradise was lighthearted fun done in a really cool way, ETIAW was aesthetically very tight......Charlie Brown is just...bland for what it is. Maybe we're supposed to take it as a sensory overload thing? (think U2 during Zooropa). But that's not what the song means to me.

^Madonna's only 53, and, you have to admit she had some weakness in her legs at some moments during the performance. The woman from THP video was like 84 or something, so 30 years older, and could do that acrobatic dance/I don't know what it's called. More impressive, imo :|

^Madonna's only 53, and, you have to admit she had some weakness in her legs at some moments during the performance. The woman from THP video was like 84 or something, so 30 years older, and could do that acrobatic dance/I don't know what it's called. More impressive, imo :|

Fo sho. :nod: But M also "fights ageism" now.

I only watched THP once, I don't remember exactly what she does in it.

But enough about this, we're derailing the thread...

This video annoys me. I think its because of the glorification of youth and rebellion, or maybe it's because half of it was a generic "nightclub" video.

I think the whole issue of youth, rebellion and freedom could have come across a little better. Coldplay said they were inspired by the White Rose Movement which would have been a good premise. A truly oppressive environment where young people got together and fought against it in creative ways.

But instead we were left with a group of teenagers who steal someone's car and trash it and then dance in a club. Don't see how that should be an appealing theme and I don't see the connection between cartoon rhetoric with theft and vandalism. It seemed like the wrong type of thing to glorify.

what i really dislike about the charlie brown video, is the 2 homosexuality fairly quick scenes toward the end of the video.

You're just the worst type of person.