✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CHARLIE BROWN MUSIC VIDEO! (both studio and live videos in first post)

I_saw_sparks_87

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, i really like it. I'd say it's very appropriate. I also think the chances of us getting Car Kids with the CB single are better after the close connections to it in that video, imo.

I agree, I did like it.

What else did you guys expect with this song? Shots of long strolls on the beach that go on forever? I think this fits the song well, so gj Coldplay =)

The song had more potential I guess.

The flashing, clubbing, being reckless is fine, I think that IS what Charlie is about. But I’m mostly concerned with all the making out. Like, the one main couple would be just fiiiiine, even if there’s a little too many scenes of them snogging. But the whole club??

And it really resembles We Found Love. Especially with the firework thingy (held in hand).

Now it would be logical to release Princess of China video, with the couple breaking up and stuff. Or no, it would be just like the ending of We Found Love.

It’s gonna be just another video with PG rated action on TV.

The couple chosen for the video were not convincing at all!!!:( that's too much kissing for one song!!!

that song needed more creativity! it needed some thinking outside the box.. After all that excitment about the video release it turned out to be dissapointing IMO:angry:

It just seemed like a party for the rich & spoiled..full of ecstacy!!! that is not what I understood when I listened to the song or the album..& the whole concept of two people in love facing an orwellian dystopia!!

I give it zero out of ten & I am really really sorry for it!!:(:(

I gave it 7. It is considerably enjoyable, xylobands are a lot of fun and painted crowd looked great, as did the boys. And I love Matt Witecross's directing. But...

Comparing it to GPASUYF, The Scientist, Life in Technicolor ii - this looks cheesy. Snogging looked awkward, the couple is unconvincing.

Well, boys wanted to have fun with this album, I hope they had a good time. But it really is time to put some depth into their work. And pop music is not a source for that kind of inspiration.

I am ready to accept this era as a transitional period, but one more album in that direction and I will be seriously dissappointed. You heard that, Chris?:inquisitive:

I really liked the video. Thought it was very fitting for the song, very energetic. Solid 7/10 I'd say.

People are acting like music videos need to have significant depth and things like that. Well I guess they can but, hell, it's just a freaking music video guys. Really? The concept alone is admittedly a little cheesy.

OMG GUYS KISSING! HOW DISGUSTING THEY ARE ALL GONNA GET PREGGERS!

Seriously its kissing... calm down. The video was good it was the story the song describes. What did you want? Each member of the band dressed as a different explorer each traveling around London in search of a lost boy... but all they find is a elephant in an alley freaking out on drugs... so you could "translate" it?

If anything the shots were too jumpy, they could have focused on one thing for a second or two more. But the way it is shot goes with the song.

P.S. - Coldplay.com calls it the next single, so I guess we will be getting it soon!

I like it! It fits the song perfectly and is fun. I don't get the Rihanna WFL comparison at all :wtf: Is it that the couple is in a car during some of the video?! I mean that's in tons of videos. I like it better than the live video too. I just don't like music videos to be live. I thought it was a really upbeat and fun video for an upbeat and fun song. Glad they left the piano bit at the end :love:

I think it's okay. I would like it much more if the focus would have been mainly on the band, because I can't really connect with the two actors. But it's not a bad video, not at all. I really like the action laden end, the fireworks, the colours, the interesting camera-angles, Chris' crazy faces and xylobands! But I expected something unique, something epic, something more Coldplay-like :|

Well , i think its okay .. But yeah too much KISSING

Well i wonder how much they kissed to film CB Vid:dozey:

By now they should be bored with Kissing

But yeah I JUST LOVE PEOPLE DANCING AND XYLOBANDS!!! :D

but overall ETIAW VID was the best vid for MX Era Yet

Well PARADISE is cutest:cool:

I like it! It fits the song perfectly and is fun. I don't get the Rihanna WFL comparison at all :wtf: Is it that the couple is in a car during some of the video?! I mean that's in tons of videos. I like it better than the live video too. I just don't like music videos to be live. I thought it was a really upbeat and fun video for an upbeat and fun song. Glad they left the piano bit at the end :love:

^This

I like it too. I first watched it at 1am on my iPad and was like, meh. I can't get it to play on my big tv through appletv though :( so I watched it again on my computer this morning and liked it much better bigger.

And the complaints about too much kissing? Really? It's been said over and over that Coldplay is not the "Yellow" band of the "olden days." I think the video is edgy, and fun, and yes, another different direction, but come on people, that's NOT a bad thing. At first I thought the editing was a bit choppy, but now I think it just goes along with the upbeat "rave" vibe of the song. I thought it to be a pretty literal adaptation of the song, too, which I liked.

Light a fire a fire a spark

Light a fire a flame in my heart

We'll run wild

We'll be glowing in the dark

Oooh ooh ooh

A-woo-a-wooooo

All the boys, all the girls, all that matters in the world

All the boys, all the girls, all the madness that occurs

All the highs all the lows, as the room a-spinning goes

We'll run riot, we'll be glowing in the dark

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh

So we'll soar

Luminous and wired

I think it's beautiful. Though, the story is a bit weak, but it's the story of the song and it is shot really great.

I like that it's very colourful and that there a so many xylobands, it might be a form of "taking the lyrics to literally", but it does fit feeling of this song.

They may have edited out some more of the kissing, I think it would have been more romantic if the guy and girl were just dancing a little more.

Oh, and Chris is looking really creepy into the camera a lot. So it's not perfect... but still great!

Personally, I like it.

And the holding-red-flares-while-in-or-on-a-car thing is old now, Rihanna didn't pioneer it. The earliest example I can think of is the 2009 video for Peter Bjorn And John's 'It Don't Move Me'. The people in that video set fire to a giant cuddly rabbit toy with the red flares afterwards, too. :L