✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

Oh the things you find on Twitter...

@ActorMarcusN

On set of Colplay with "Chris Martin". A very "down to earth" artist and one of the few successful icons who kept... http://t.co/lAhMK3RS

...his "cool" as always!

306497_267274543357770_140197269398832_596349_1194803476_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/ActorMarcusN/status/183680379297873920

:laugh4: look at Chris :lol: those eyes and teeth

The "Princess Of China" video clip is going to be VERY INTERESTING :awesome: : )

Well, it's just some (rather weird, I should admit) photos. Let's wait to check the final result.

Omg, this is getting better by the moment. Can't wait to really see this. :D I love it, all the ninja's and Rihanna, the way Chris is dressed. :lol: What fun. :awesome:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a general gripe against green-screen videos, they look too artificial.

if they were to go on location (China!) that would be cool, but time and money are probably an issue.

that's why the video for paradise was so cool, it was all on location.

but still, video looks interesting, has some potential.

So far we have Ninjas, Samurai and Geishas. All of them are Japanese. Why would you use them for a song that is called Princess Of China?

:huh:

A very good question. I wonder what the Oracle (on behalf of Coldplay) would reply to that.

I wonder if Chris has in some way been confused about Japan and China - I mean Lovers in Japan with all the butterflies (butterflies and China make sense) and Princess of China (with all this strong Japanese influence even though the song title says China).

I wonder if Rihanna's character and the other geishas are in trouble / threatened or captured by these Ninjas etc. and Chris (and the other samurais) then fight them and win. But still weird plot in a video for a song called Princess of China.

Chris: "I've got a GREAT idea! We're gonna have fun! This should be a ninja story, and we're going to save a geisha" :wacko:

What someone should have answered: "Dude. The song is Priness of China. It doesn't have to be Asian-themed anyway, but if you want to, at least get your country right." :|

:bomb:

This is the first time I saw the pictures, I thought people were joking about this.

All I can say is:

What the fuck.

It looks like they are just throwing everything stereotypically "Asian" into a video.

What does the concept of the story actually have to do with Asia? The only "Asian" thing about the song is the riff. The story and Mylo Xyloto as a whole have nothing to do with this. I didn't like the Charlie Brown video, but at least it made sense with the themes of the record.

Japan is not the same thing as China. This is like saying the USA and Germany are exactly the same country because they both contain mostly white people. It's nonsense. China and Japan are actually very different nations that have thousands of years of separate, unique history and have shed a lot of blood fighting each other.

I think Chinese people would be incredibly frustrated with this. It would be like someone making a video about France and containing nothing but German icons.

--

But anyway, I will not rant any further. Fact of the matter is that we aren't going to see the video for a few months and we shouldn't judge until we see it.

But dear God, it looks so bad.

This is the first time I saw the pictures, I thought people were joking about this.

All I can say is:

What the fuck.

It looks like they are just throwing everything stereotypically "Asian" into a video.

What does the concept of the story actually have to do with Asia? The only "Asian" thing about the song is the riff. The story and Mylo Xyloto as a whole have nothing to do with this. I didn't like the Charlie Brown video, but at least it made sense with the themes of the record.

Japan is not the same thing as China. This is like saying the USA and Germany are exactly the same country because they both contain mostly white people. It's nonsense. China and Japan are actually very different nations that have thousands of years of separate, unique history and have shed a lot of blood fighting each other.

I think Chinese people would be incredibly frustrated with this. It would be like someone making a video about France and containing nothing but German icons.

--

But anyway, I will not rant any further. Fact of the matter is that we aren't going to see the video for a few months and we shouldn't judge until we see it.

But dear God, it looks so bad.

True story :cry: