🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
Blakexy1125

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

RealRace,

No the What If promo single is very rare and expansive, this is a fault or mistake of Discogs to say that it was sold at this price :)

RealRace,

No the What If promo single is very rare and expansive, this is a fault or mistake of Discogs to say that it was sold at this price :)

No, it's not a mistake. It was definitely sold at those prices, but obviously the sellers weren't aware of how rare and expensive it was and thought that it would only go for cheap. How wrong they were. I absolutely WISH I had a chance (and the money) to buy one of those. Are there even any that are currently on sale anywhere online?

I'll have to post my updated collection soon :)

I love collecting the X&Y Era stuff so much even though a lot of it is the "same" as some would say. But I love collecting from all eras, although anything MX and beyond is either tough to find legit copies or just fakes (I'm pretty sure every AHFOD promos/singles that are physical copies are fake because there are a lot of errors on them...)

• Like 2

Hello! I bought The Blue Room EP in 1999, when I used to go to a Berwick St market stall to pick up cheap promo singles of new indie bands. I fell in love with Coldplay because of it. :) But I am not at all a collector, so I'm about to list it on eBay. It has a slightly tatty box with Parlophone promo lables on the front and back, one lists tour dates and the other has blurb about the band. 'They finished their exams' is a bit I like! :)

I just want to list this at a realistic price and try to get a sale, as I'm saving up to go to Winchester Writing Festival and selling a few bits to pay! Would £50 be too much... or do the lables make it more or less valuable?! I have seen similar EPs listed for about that, but they did seem to be mint condition.

I'd be really grateful for any tips from people who know about this stuff, as I neither want to list it too cheaply, or see it sit around not selling for months..! I'd accept an offer privately if anyone wanted to do that. I hope no one minds me posting this.

Best wishes! Jo

Hello! I bought The Blue Room EP in 1999, when I used to go to a Berwick St market stall to pick up cheap promo singles of new indie bands. I fell in love with Coldplay because of it. :) But I am not at all a collector, so I'm about to list it on eBay. It has a slightly tatty box with Parlophone promo lables on the front and back, one lists tour dates and the other has blurb about the band. 'They finished their exams' is a bit I like! :)

I just want to list this at a realistic price and try to get a sale, as I'm saving up to go to Winchester Writing Festival and selling a few bits to pay! Would £50 be too much... or do the lables make it more or less valuable?! I have seen similar EPs listed for about that, but they did seem to be mint condition.

I'd be really grateful for any tips from people who know about this stuff, as I neither want to list it too cheaply, or see it sit around not selling for months..! I'd accept an offer privately if anyone wanted to do that. I hope no one minds me posting this.

Best wishes! Jo

Hey dude,

Awesome story! That sounds amazing, I wish I could've been there around the time of the band's beginnings.

Do you have one of the promo CD or vinyl promo versions of the EP? Either way, it will still be worth quite a bit, but the 12" is quite valuable in particular. You can compare the different versions of the EP and see which one you have here. It sounds like you've got one of the promo CDs, and that you've got a fairly valuable one with a cool promo sticker. I'd say that you could sell it for £50-£100, possibly even more if you'd really like. Good luck with selling!

• Like 1

Hi guys! Well, if someone reads this: I just bought The Singles 1999-2006 vinyls. How is the quality of sound? Is it true they sound pretty bad? Can someone give me some advice about this???

I ordered them on the web, so I'm awaiting for them to arrive...

Hi guys! Well, if someone reads this: I just bought The Singles 1999-2006 vinyls. How is the quality of sound? Is it true they sound pretty bad? Can someone give me some advice about this???

I ordered them on the web, so I'm awaiting for them to arrive...

I don't have them so I can't give you any advice, unfortunately =( I hope the quality will be sufficient and nice enough for you to listen to, have fun with it !

• Like 1

I have them too but I don't have a record player.

I have heard that there was a first release and later a second release.

The records of the 2nd are the ones that could have some sound issues.

Does anyone know how to figure out which release that I have?

The barcode on the box = 094638832478 and on the sticker it has 388 3247.

Discogs is not mentioning other barcodes

• Like 1

I don't have them so I can't give you any advice, unfortunately =( I hope the quality will be sufficient and nice enough for you to listen to, have fun with it !

Thanks a lot friend!!! I hope that too! :p

I have them too but I don't have a record player.

I have heard that there was a first release and later a second release.

The records of the 2nd are the ones that could have some sound issues.

Does anyone know how to figure out which release that I have?

The barcode on the box = 094638832478 and on the sticker it has 388 3247.

Discogs is not mentioning other barcodes

Well, I assume the first pressing is the one with label pressing errors, i.e. the "Don't Panic" cardboard sleeve says the vinyl has three tracks when it has only two, and some vinyls have the same label on each side... And the second pressing must be the one without those errors...

They will arrive in a couple of days... But I'll have to wait until I buy the turntable to figure out how they sound like... I want an Audio-Technica AT-LP60 just to start collecting vinyls...

Also, I bought the ETIAW 7" blue and the Talk - The Remixes 12" vinyls!!!

• Like 1

Well, I assume the first pressing is the one with label pressing errors, i.e. the "Don't Panic" cardboard sleeve says the vinyl has three tracks when it has only two, and some vinyls have the same label on each side... And the second pressing must be the one without those errors...

My version of Don't Panic has only 2 tracks mentioned, so I guess I have the 2nd pressing.

My version of Don't Panic has only 2 tracks mentioned, so I guess I have the 2nd pressing.

Hmmm...I ordered 3 sets direct, when they first went on presale (1 with the set that included the bag and coffee mug?). Anyhow, just opened one for the first time, and my DP only has two tracks listed too.

Still could've been from an additional run. Really interesting info.

Wonder if there was a misprint using the 12"; I know that one has three tracks.

Now I gotta hunt for the 3-track 7" misprint! :-)

• Like 1

Hmmm...I ordered 3 sets direct, when they first went on presale (1 with the set that included the bag and coffee mug?). Anyhow, just opened one for the first time, and my DP only has two tracks listed too.

Still could've been from an additional run. Really interesting info.

Wonder if there was a misprint using the 12"; I know that one has three tracks.

Now I gotta hunt for the 3-track 7" misprint! :)

Totally forgot about the 12" Don't Panic single... Nice find. Maybe they used the 12" template for the sleeve.

Oh my... long hiatus...! Nice to read amazing posts! By the way, anyone from or near Los Angeles here? Happy Easter!

Oh my... long hiatus...! Nice to read amazing posts! By the way, anyone from or near Los Angeles here? Happy Easter!

I asked mainly because they're coming back to the Rose Bowl in October. It's almost here!

I wonder if someone that has close connection to our favorite band can facilitate a meet and greet for us collectors? We can also get to talk to fellow coldplayers & collectors in person.

Set-up a little booth for Coldplayers!

It's a tall order, I know...! But it would be wonderful if it happens. If not, at least I was just able to share my idea about it!

Okay, back to our collections...! :)

Just an added quick question for everyone. Aside from a Parachutes album release (which I had found on accident), I just found the Sparks EP also had a South African release (labeled and with a variable promo code). Anyone have a good list of official or promo releases marked RSA?

Thanks for any info.

It was easy to miss the RSA promo of Sparks, because it looks totally the same as the other Sparks ep - until you see the code at the back! I have this in my collection, but I did not make it a goal to collect all RSA versions of the albums. I started doing it actually at some point, buying copies specifically that of x&y and rush of blood to the head whenever I see a slight difference in detail to its cover. I ended up with a considerably good amount of collection from those eras, which is not bad at all of course...! But I figured that if I do this with all albums, not only will it be impossible for me to literally own versions from all countries, but it will also in turn be a super expensive goal (more expensive than it already is now). I still do buy different versions up to now, but with a different level of criteria. Some of my criterias is based on personal liking, aside from hunting for the rare and colectibles...!

Per my almost half year hiatus in this thread, I have a lot to read. I'm enjoying catching up!

• Like 1

Do you collect all possible releases ? I have seen many people doing this here; my collection strategy is a bit different. I go for the release with the most tracks on it:

For example, I once had two versions of GPASUYF. One was the normal one with Murder as B-side, the other one had Politik (live) and Lips Like Sugar (live) as bonus tracks in addition to Murder. I saw no reason to keep the "normal" one in that case, because the discs in my case are not just for putting them into a corner of my room, but I want to actually want to listen to them. So a disc with two more tracks is much better for me. Thus I sold off the other GPASUYF disc. This way of thinking helps my budget a lot, but I hope I won't regret it later. :)

The only exception are promos, in that case I'm ok with just one track being on the disc.

I do collect all possible releases. But if some countries have the same exact track listing, and no significant difference at all on the cover or any other identifying detail - except for a different language on the disc, I don't buy them anymore. :)

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]6491[/ATTACH]

Aaaaaand that's the final image ^^

Good job at taking all the pictures of your collection!!

I asked mainly because they're coming back to the Rose Bowl in October. It's almost here!

I wonder if someone that has close connection to our favorite band can facilitate a meet and greet for us collectors? We can also get to talk to fellow coldplayers & collectors in person.

Set-up a little booth for Coldplayers!

It's a tall order, I know...! But it would be wonderful if it happens. If not, at least I was just able to share my idea about it!

Okay, back to our collections...! :)

Ahh...bummer it's in October! I'm in Chicago, but have family in Hollywood (who I'm way overdue to visit). Sadly October is a terrible time for me to take off work. :-(

Hopefully there's a next time!

• Like 1

Hey dude, I remember quite a few months back mid last year when I was... relatively new to Coldplaying and I was checking out a collectors thread, I can't remember if it was this one or another one, and I was reading pages and pages back to like, 2013-2014 or something. And you and all of these other dudes were on it talking about all this collectors stuff, and I remember there was this one dude who was talking about opening an online Coldplay store dedicated to selling all of the releases he had collected, but then he and you and the others, like most of the people on the Coldplaying forums around that time, sort of dropped off. I remember I tried post a comment in that thread, I'll see if I can find it soon, where I asked if you knew if that dude had created the store or not. Do you recall, or know if anything happened?

Also cool to see people who were once active here on the Coldpaying forums coming back after long periods of time! We all know about how the forums kinda infamously waned in popularity and active members after MX, how VLVODAAHF - MX was like the golden years. And I love it when we see those people kind of come back, for whatever reason, and revisit and remember this awesome stuff and the awesome times here. Just a curious question, what brought you back here in the past week/couple of days?

Edit: Here it is.

Hey dude, I remember quite a few months back mid last year when I was... relatively new to Coldplaying and I was checking out a collectors thread, I can't remember if it was this one or another one, and I was reading pages and pages back to like, 2013-2014 or something. And you and all of these other dudes were on it talking about all this collectors stuff, and I remember there was this one dude who was talking about opening an online Coldplay store dedicated to selling all of the releases he had collected, but then he and you and the others, like most of the people on the Coldplaying forums around that time, sort of dropped off. I remember I tried post a comment in that thread, I'll see if I can find it soon, where I asked if you knew if that dude had created the store or not. Do you recall, or know if anything happened?

Also cool to see people who were once active here on the Coldpaying forums coming back after long periods of time! We all know about how the forums kinda infamously waned in popularity and active members after MX, how VLVODAAHF - MX was like the golden years. And I love it when we see those people kind of come back, for whatever reason, and revisit and remember this awesome stuff and the awesome times here. Just a curious question, what brought you back here in the past week/couple of days?

I have the same question. I was looking in that thread a few days ago and was admiring his amazing collection. :)

I think this was the last of his posts:

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/post-your-fanarticle-cd-collection-you-get-of-coldplay.25126/page-57#post-5706408

Hello there! I was just busy at work... but never really stopped collecting. It is a hobby that is I'm sure you all know by now is addicting, expensive, but more so fulfilling - in the sense that we are admiring genuine art here. And everything about it is authentic. Inspiring. Motivitating. Humbling.

We are admiring a group of (once) regular men that we wished we would have been, in some ways... or what we would want our kids to become. I love my life, but wouldn't have minded having their ability to influence the world into making this world a better place... (Try to empty out the ocean with a spoon, yeah?...)

Anyway, my collection since then have continued to grow from both ends of the spectrum... old and new stuff.

As for our friend no1cpfan, he did ended up selling his coldplay items. Some on ebay, and the rest I don't know how. I bought some, and missed some intentionally - either because I already own majority of them, or just passed on the opportunity. Did I say this hobby can get very expensive? Together then, his physical collection and mine (if joined together) would have

made the most extensive physical collection per this hemisphere - as he once described it to be.

Not sure where he is now, but his collection did spread out to a lot of collectors.

As to what brought me back here? It's just like leaving a place that you love for a while, but never really forgotten about it. A place where one day, you knew somehow you will always look back to.

• Like 1

Hello there! I was just busy at work... but never really stopped collecting. It is a hobby that is I'm sure you all know by now is addicting, expensive, but more so fulfilling - in the sense that we are admiring genuine art here. And everything about it is authentic. Inspiring. Motivitating. Humbling.

We are admiring a group of (once) regular men that we wished we would have been, in some ways... or what we would want our kids to become. I love my life, but wouldn't have minded having their ability to influence the world into making this world a better place... (Try to empty out the ocean with a spoon, yeah?...)

Anyway, my collection since then have continued to grow from both ends of the spectrum... old and new stuff.

As for our friend no1cpfan, he did ended up selling his coldplay items. Some on ebay, and the rest I don't know how. I bought some, and missed some intentionally - either because I already own majority of them, or just passed on the opportunity. Did I say this hobby can get very expensive? Together then, his physical collection and mine (if joined together) would have

made the most extensive physical collection per this hemisphere - as he once described it to be.

Not sure where he is now, but his collection did spread out to a lot of collectors.

As to what brought me back here? It's just like leaving a place that you love for a while, but never really forgotten about it. A place where one day, you knew somehow you will always look back to.

Oh, I would like to clarify that I was just quoting from what our co-member mentioned before about having the most extensive collection together. It was more of a joke then with us. And I'm sure that it wouldn't have been. It takes a lot of us collectors combined together to have the most extensive collection. There are so many other collectors, both shared via this thread and some that are not so much into social media, that have incredible amount of items in their vault! My utmost respect to all veteran and new collectors. Each of our items make up dazzling representation/proof of Coldplay's amazing history/musical journey...!

• Like 2

Quick question about the iranaway project. Are all contributors from the same place? Or did you all collaborated online? Good job at gathering coldplayers together for one common goal!

Quick question about the iranaway project. Are all contributors from the same place? Or did you all collaborated online? Good job at gathering coldplayers together for one common goal!

Hi, thanks ! It was indeed an online collaboration from Coldplayers all over the world. :blush:

I cannot even name all of the countries but there were at least people from Belgium, Mexico, Germany, Poland, the US, the Philippines...

• Like 1