✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

Between the actual song there are 4 documentary pieces featuring each member of the band. In the background they are playing electronic/instrumental/demo version of 'Hurts Like Heaven', 'Don't Let it Break Your Heart', 'Up With the Birds', 'Light Through The Veins' and 'Charlie Brown'.

Now, I would pay money to get my hands on those snippets. Anyone have even the slightest idea on how to get them?

+1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you received e-mail which says that your order is dispatched?

I'm worried, I still haven't received an e-mail. I don't know if they sent DVD.

Yes, I did. I ordered a CD package with no litograph so there were no problems.

--

^You can buy Light Through The Veins on iTunes, as far as I remember it wasn't modified for the intermission. No idea about the others, though.

Yes, I did. I ordered a CD package with no litograph so there were no problems.

--

^You can buy Light Through The Veins on iTunes, as far as I remember it wasn't modified for the intermission. No idea about the others, though.

How I have to start to worry about my DVD :(

Does he salute her right before he gets to the main stage? And is she wearing white? Gosh I payed close attention and probably you are pointing out other moment.

Probably on wednesday I'm buying the DVD. If I'm not mistaken I'll take a screenshoot. If I am, then kill me xD

I think Light Through The Veins is basically the version you can find on Jon Hopkins' album Insides.

The other ones will be slightly more difficult to find, if not impossible. i just can't think of any way.

I listened to it again and it's true, the Light Through The Veins version is the same as the album except it has a beautiful piano added to it at the end.

The other tracks are just mesmerizing, it's unbelievable.

I wonder if those snippets are the demos (from sessions) for what eventually became Mylo Xyloto songs, or if these were made specifically for the DVD.

Live 2012 CD

Where are the different tracks on the CD from? On the DVD they are clearly labelled, but is it the same locations on the CD? ETIAW especially sounds like it's a different crowd in the background to the few before it...

Also general Live 2012 discussion thread, I guess. Haven't seen one of those around.

Where are the different tracks on the CD from? On the DVD they are clearly labelled, but is it the same locations on the CD? ETIAW especially sounds like it's a different crowd in the background to the few before it...

Also general Live 2012 discussion thread, I guess. Haven't seen one of those around.

Threads merged.

Couldn't find an official 'Live 2012' thread so I thought I'd tried my luck here :)

Between the actual song there are 4 documentary pieces featuring each member of the band. In the background they are playing electronic/instrumental/demo version of 'Hurts Like Heaven', 'Don't Let it Break Your Heart', 'Up With the Birds', 'Light Through The Veins' and 'Charlie Brown'.

Now, I would pay money to get my hands on those snippets. Anyone have even the slightest idea on how to get them?

I think it was just the regular album tracks but without everything on top of it. For Hurts Like Heaven, it was just the keys with the guitar toward the end. I remember in a different thread someone removed the vocals from Jonny's talking snippet. Maybe they can do the same for the other? :shrug:

Loving this of course... But...

Anyone else finding the bass drum is mixed a bit too high?

I swear it's the loudest thing!

Might just be my stereo though.

Also is the eBook worth getting?

I agree. The sound mix isn't very good, you can hear it especially on the live album, going from quiet to loud. It sounds like they've gone wild with fading different sounds up and down (the crowd especially). In the Fix You crescendo, the guitar drowns completely when the bass and drums kick in!

I like the eBook very much, just a shame that they put on 50 seconds of Speed of Sound and 40 seconds of Lovers In Japan, now I want to watch both! Definitely worth getting.

Wooow I just watched Live2012! And WOOW! That Awesome! :awesome:

But I don't know if it's my eyes but the images are so fast! I don't have time to watch all the pics...

Anyway the movie is jkbczuoqbvij! :>

I have no words to describe this! :)

:D

Tonight my heart is back in the Stade de France.... :heart:

The best night ever!

BTW my screen of laptop is so little I can't wait to see this on my TV :lol:

Picked up a copy of the Bluray version at Best Buy this morning. I've seen about a third of it... going to watch it in its entirety with my wife this evening. I'm viewing it in 1080p on my Sharp 60" Aquos display and listening via an Onkyo Dolby 5.1 surround system. I'm very impressed with the quality of the audio. It's easily the best quality of live audio I've heard from the MX tour thus far... full bodied, rich, and properly blended. It actually sounds better than what I heard live in their Charlotte, NC performance in July, which I thought was mixed with way too much emphasis on the bass and percussion.

The documentary musings of Jonny and Will that I've heard are well produced and give a new perspective on their personalities. I'm anxious to see them all in the context of the complete production!

In terms of the video quality, overall I'm a bit disappointed in it. I'd be hard pressed to say that I'm looking at a 1080p Blu-ray production much of the time. I think it's more a function of an artistic choice to produce a grainy, soap opera-esque effect. I guess they pull it off if that's what they were after, but I would have preferred a bit more definition in what I'm seeing. On a positive note, this approach would probably mean there's not that much off a trade-off between the Blu-ray and SD DVD versions.

Oh well, off for a full viewing now... I'm stoked in spite of my artistic differences with the video effects - the audio is beyond expectations!

DVD review: Coldplay – Live:2012

Coldplay-Live-2012.jpg

Coldplay has toured worldwide with their album Mylo Xyloto since June 2011 and their concerts have been seen by three million people so far. Today, they have released a recording of their tour to buy on DVD and Blu-Ray, highlighting not only their musical expertise but their ability to put on a fantastic visual show, with the aid of crowd-pleasing touches, such as giving each member of the crowd a light-up wrist band to illuminate the room. The DVD includes footage from Paris’s Stade de France, Montreal’s Bell Centre and their headlining gig at Glastonbury 2011.

As well as playing their new work, they include classics like Yellow and the infamous Clocks, played with the passion they exhibited on their first release and with as much impact, if not more, on listening.

Rihanna joins them in the live recording of Princess of China, taken from the gig in Paris, and her vocal style actually complements lead singer Chris Martin’s in a live setting. Paradise is, as expected, absolutely electrifying. You can see the wrist bands light up just on hearing the opening piano trills. Will Champion’s smashing drums enter with the simplistic synth, and the enthusiastic crowd echoes all the words of Martin’s cool delivery. It is triumphant.

Johnny Buckland’s guitar solos are impeccable, impassioned and second nature, and he is particularly exuberant in crowd-pleaser Fix You. Chris Martin’s vocals also take it to a different level and the band support each other with such grace and power it moves you acoustically as well as lyrically.

Coldplay have achieved their status by maturing with their audience and keeping up with the development of the music industry whilst maintaining their eclectic, individual sound. With all the challenges and continuous impending competition, the band has held its own by maintaining confidence in their own style with every release. This release of their previous and current work defines their unstoppable prowess by taking tracks to a personal level with their fans. This is a skill not many achieve live, but with this album, Coldplay succeeds. It deserves immense recognition, and we can rest assured that Coldplay aren’t going anywhere.

Verdict: •••••

link

Just finished watching the dvd.

UN-FUCKING-REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Making us wait for another dvd since 2003 was sooooooooooooooo worth it!!!!

They concert parts were amazing, the interview parts were awesome, and the boys all looked so fucking sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loveshower:

I'm sure gonna miss this tour...