✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the documentary parts, I tried to get the background mixes from those parts. There is some crackling distortion, but otherwise you can hear it pretty well. I will upload these in MM section.

Brilliant ! Thanks a lot ;)

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96038

Thread for the background music of the documentary parts of the movie. There is crackling from the speaking that I had to get rid of, but otherwise you can hear it clearly. It's pretty nice.

If any of you can take out crackling from audio then you can use my audio to get rid of the crackling and clarify the music further. But I hope you guys like them, I definitely did. The movie was incredible.

People in amazon are complaining about the blu ray quality, for example:

"However, the bluray quality SUCKS. The video looks grainy. This is isn't bits and pieces, but the entire video on the bluray looks bad. Here I was thinking it was going to look absolutely fantastic in HD, but instead it's a huge let down. That and sometimes it sounds like they muted, or lowered the sound of the audience. That's so disappointing. The audience is part of the experience, no idea why they think it was beneficial to lower the sound of the audience."

Please tell me it's not like this :sad:

Just bought it 4 hours ago. Listened to the CD in the garage with my dad. It was amazing. Then watched about 20 minutes of the DVD on our TV with the volume up loud. That was fucking incredible. It was like my concert experience all over again. I synced Live 2012 to my iTunes account and put it on my iPod. I'm listening to it now it's awesome. No words to describe it again. Coldplay has done it again.

People in amazon are complaining about the blu ray quality, for example:

"However, the bluray quality SUCKS. The video looks grainy. This is isn't bits and pieces, but the entire video on the bluray looks bad.

Yes, the Bluray video is grainy, but it's pretty clear to me that it's by design... an artistic choice. I'm not of fan of it, but I can spot the difference between what I'm seeing and just poor quality. It doesn't ruin the experience, but it has me wondering if I wouldn't have been just as well off buying the SD DVD version.

"That and sometimes it sounds like they muted, or lowered the sound of the audience. That's so disappointing. The audience is part of the experience, no idea why they think it was beneficial to lower the sound of the audience."

It's pretty obvious that there's some heavy remixing being done to the audio. It doesn't sound as purely "live" as the Coldplay Live 2003 DVD, but it's not nearly as overproduced as the studio version of Mylo Xyloto. I like the end result overall, but I'll concede that the audience has been toned down at times. I am aware that there's an audience present at all times though. Personally I'd rather them err in favor of keeping the audience level low. I'll be curious to read more impressions about the points you've raised a concern about...

Went to Target but they didn't even have. Not sold out, just never seemed to have had it!

I'll try Best Buy tomorrow, it's on my way home from work. Frustrated!

I thought the same thing when i went to my Target because there wasn't anything in the new release section but then I found three of them over in the regular cd aisle if that makes any sense.

Just finished watching it. It was great, although I agree the 'artistic' choice for it to be grainy seems to make getting it on blu-ray less exciting. There are some parts that seem clearer though, so not sure. However, the sound is great and I feel getting it on DVD wouldn't have been so nice in that regard. Anyway, the DVD was about $5 less, so not a huge difference.

I actually liked the way they did this. You get a variety of venues and the mixing of behind-the-scenes/commentary that make it more of a film than a concert DVD. We have Live 2003 for that, so this is a nice change. The only thing I don't like about that is you only get the 100 minute film/concert rather than the concert and then a behind the scenes documentary like Live 2003. I would have liked more behind the scenes stuff and just more in general. Overall, I'm happy with it though!

So resuming, it could have been a better Film. lol

What makes it an undeniable great film is that it's about coldplay with official content and media showing one of their concerts with +18 super cameras... but considering they are one of best bands in the world, many years without releasing dvd and well, it still could have been better organised with more behind the scenes, more "bonus tracks", more secrets or unknown stuff for the fans, they could have avoided taking out songs (Like Lovers In Japan or Speed of Sound) when you want to hear as many songs as possible, and without such a high variance of colourful film grain all over the screen. Solution: More editing time and less "main media" times like JB lol.

-> My personal rate of Film 2012: 7/10. +1/2

When I saw the show I remember saying "I hope they put Warning Sign & DLIBYH on the live CD!"

DLIBYH is in the "Extras" section of the Blu-ray, along with The Scientist. I shared your hope for Warning Sign; it was my favorite song from the concert I attended in Charlotte, NC! I really wish they'd thrown DLIBYH and The Scientist in their proper slot in the main 'film'. It breaks the flow of the songs that are included to have to go into another menu to play them!? At least they're there and each is quite well done, BTW.

DLIBYH is in the "Extras" section of the Blu-ray, along with The Scientist. I shared your hope for Warning Sign; it was my favorite song from the concert I attended in Charlotte, NC! I really wish they'd thrown DLIBYH and The Scientist in their proper slot in the main 'film'. It breaks the flow of the songs that are included to have to go into another menu to play them!? At least they're there and each is quite well done, BTW.

Yeah I know but I'd have liked them on CD.

Mostly because they sounded different to the studio versions.

Could have lived without Clocks really.