✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Violet? Does anybody think it's Violet? Definitely too young to be Apple.

At first I thought it was Apple too, but on a second look she is definitely younger.

I don't think she's Violet... but I haven't seen a picture of her in ages so I could be wrong :shrug:

So people are buying all copies of the film? CD & DVD in both cases and the blu-ray + lith? Hmmm, I bought the bluray and lith bundle but now it looks like I might be convinced to buy more..

What does the bluray bundle come with exactly?

Hi everyone!

I started with this thread, so... fair that I post these pictures with my friends after watching Coldplay Live 2012 in Cinemas!!!

Here we are joking, saying "no more pictures" please! haha

526188_10151090634162531_1426694053_n.jpg

Here's another with two girls that were my friends on Facebook but hadnt met ever before until the Live 2012 cinema day :)

378391_10151303622780428_1463652151_n.jpg

Our version of Live 2012 included Spanish subtitles :)! and Cinemas Rooms were sold out!!! :D!

73801_10151090364102531_1495078951_n.jpg

would the dvd fit through my letterbox? i ordered the one with the lithograph but i got an email saying there are delays with the lithograph so i am presuming the dvd won't come with the lithograph.

I just woke up with a note saying the postman tried to deliver something and the parcel was too large.

How big of a parcel did everyone else get? did your dvd fit through your letterbox?

80cpl12.jpg

Live 2012 film, album and eBook out today!

19 November 2012 11:20 am

Coldplay's new concert film / live album is out now

news_line.png

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-NbV4JTjU[/ame]

Good morning. Yes, Coldplay's first concert film / live album for nine years is released worldwide today*. Click the links below to get it:

- Buy DVD, CD or Blu-ray from a retailer near you

- Download film or album from iTunes

- Buy DVD/CD or CD/DVD (£8.99 inc delivery) or Blu-ray (£15.99) from Amazon UK (where you can also win a trip to meet Coldplay in NYC)

The new interactive Coldplay eBook, Mylo Xyloto Live, has also been released today. iPad users can get it from iTunes here.

Anchorman

* Apologies, those of you in Mexico, Spain, Thailand, Italy, Korea and Sweden have a day (or two, in Sweden's case) more to wait for Live 2012.

I don't know if anybody has been posting a review of the iBook, here or somewhere else on the board...

This book honestly feels like a bigger, more evolved version of the Tour Program that was and still is available to purchase during the tour. You'll find the same interviews of the band and some crew members in it, and the same pictures. You'll also find a few Roadie 42 blogs in it -mostly from the festival period-, a liveblog (Arsenal), supporting acts interviews. So to be completely honest, I was a little bit disappointed by the lack of really new content. But if you're not the biggest Coldplay fan ever, if you didn't get to put your hands on a Tour Program and/or don't hang out on coldplay.com, you'll LOVE this book.

So, what's exactly new, then? There are a few pictures (or maybe I just missed those...? but honestly I don't think so), mostly behind the scenes of the ETIAW & Paradise video shoots, which are FANTASTIC. The band's interviews that you could already read in the book program are improved with audio snippets of the interviews, so you can actually hear the band, Phil Harvey, Dan Green... And the best new feature according to me : there are a few more audio interviews (quite short) of the crew : R#42 aka Matthew Miller (he basically assumes his "hidden part" in the interview), Matt McGinn, Will's drum tech Bash, the live video director, the audio crew chief, the venue security co-ordinator, etc. You get to know a bit more of the Coldplay family, and it's simply awesome.

For the "true" huge Coldplay fan, even if there isn't really anything new, it is also very cool to look back at this tour and to watch again some of the coolest pictures or videos from the era : the group hug leading to the band walking on stage with the xylobands in Manchester, or R42's video of Chris' guitar point of view when it is thrown in the air...

And the book simply looks gorgeous, especially on the Retina display (saddly everything isn't in HD ; most of it is, but I was disappointed in the video of Paradise with Paris' paintings animations, the quality is quite frankly awful). The photoshoots pictures look amazing. The Tour program was already looking awesome, but the iBook adds interactivity to the whole thing, with hidden features, and it feels so cool to be able to flick through it with your fingers, making bigger anything you want... that and reading the book with audio and video next to it totally gets you into the MX mood. As sad as it is, I think it's normal that you can't read it with an iPhone, it is scaled for a big screen.

I'm glad Coldplay's team is always looking out for new technologies and new ways to bring us all the content they created. I hope they'll update it with more R42 crowd panoramas as the tour finishes. Thank you to whoever in the crew took the time to use iBooks Author, usually used for educational textbooks, and give to the "old" content like photoshoot pictures a new life by delivering those to the fans, who will always enjoy looking back at them.

(tl;dr) So overall it's a great book, but don't expect too much new content, especially if you already had at the Tour Program and/or read the blogs. But even if you did, you might enjoy the whole interactivity of it and it can bring back some very cool memories. Plus it isn't that expensive!

At the end of Us Against The World they go downstairs to go to the main stage. If you look at Chris all the time, you'll see he stops (for less than 2 seconds xD) to salute her.

Does he salute her right before he gets to the main stage? And is she wearing white? Gosh I payed close attention and probably you are pointing out other moment.