✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm glad I'm not a girl

Prince Myshkin

I'm starting to find people weirder and weirder and I can't help but wonder why people want to be so different to what they are. It doesn't help that I'm not in the city so it's like I'm surrounded by hundreds of failed prototypes (even though in reality they are cheap failed copies). Unfortunately females appear far more distorted than males. Not that I'd wish males would be more than females, just that I wish it was equal.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to find people weirder and weirder and I can't help but wonder why people want to be so different to what they are. It doesn't help that I'm not in the city so it's like I'm surrounded by hundreds of failed prototypes (even though in reality they are cheap failed copies). Unfortunately females appear far more distorted than males. Not that I'd wish males would be more than females, just that I wish it was equal.

Funny thing is, I don't even wanna be different. I don't stand out of the mass because I intend to, it's just that I find most of the stuff people are wearing really, really ugly and boring :sad:

We should all just walk around nekkid, that would solve a lot of problems :nod:

^ you're sort of saying it like girls who over accessorize are bad and trying to hard but they do it because they like it, and you don't because thats what you like. nobody is wrong as long as they do it because they want to and not to follow some social status

^ you're sort of saying it like girls who over accessorize are bad and trying to hard but they do it because they like it, and you don't because thats what you like. nobody is wrong as long as they do it because they want to and not to follow some social status

No, I'm saying it's notable that women change their appearance more drastically than males and given it is not through individuality (as it is fashion based and these same people change every year or so to something else that is a trend) or genuine self expression this depresses me. The fact that females have to distort themselves far past their natural self appears to be a fact where I am shows what is expected of women in my society.

I'm not saying they are bad people or that they are wrong but I am saying that it depresses me because I don't feel they (certainly the majority of them) have any real choice in the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I think fathers who take off on their kids, don't pay child support etc. are seen as worse than a single mother, it's kindof hard to say though, maybe some would see them equally as scummy (Which shows how poor attitudes are). However to put it in perspective, the women who are left behind as a single mother are seen as scum for getting involved with a scummy guy who took off on her when she got pregnant. With single dads it's seen as more admirable because in nearly any case they do need to fight for custody, or they're a widower which gains sympathy and that they're "brave" or something (Which is ridiculous as single mothers aren't seen as "brave).

I'm not saying it's right but the little picture thing did ask for a reasoning.

• 2 weeks later...

My only thought is that the media have reported it, jeese give your own damn thoughts Bradcock.

I did see yesterday a report on the restaurants staff where it happened and, well firstly nobody saw anything happen (It may have been quite brief) but they did point out that you can't really get involved too much when things like this happen, it's very difficult to tell how hard he's squeezing her throat, but it's without a doubt, far from a "playful tiff".

I'm on this messageboard completely to hear other people's opinions in order to sharpen my own views. If I go on a huge rant I tend turn people off discussing it as there's too much there, plus it's usually the case that I haven't a fully formed opinion yet. This is why I tend to question others.

It is a little scary the amount of protection domestic abuse gets. I understand why, I just don't know whether it's the best way to deal with it in terms of harm reduction.

also on the topic: http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life/8814845/The-most-powerful-thing-you-ll-see-today everyday sexism

I am suprised by how many of these things sound familiar :(

another sad thing from that website and something I read somewhere else:

from the website: or that women "should just take a compliment" when construction workers yell "Nice tits!" at them

from our university paper where they had a topic about flirting: Especially Latino's do that a lot, let's say in a near obsessive way. Dutch guys are the opposite. The other day I saw a girl biking and the wind blew her skirt up so that people could see her underwear. A group of Dutch guys saw it but none of them said anything. In Portugal, a girl would hear all kinds of things then, but these guys said nothing. I thought 'are these men gay??' Come on Dutch men, say something!

( Zeker Latino's kunnen daarin vrij intens zijn, tot aan het obsessieve toe. Nederlandse jongens zijn soms het andere uiterste. Zo zag ik laatst een meisje fietsen en de wind blies haar rokje omhoog zodat je haar ondergoed zag. Een groepje Nederlandse jongens zag dat. In Portugal zou je als meisje allerlei opmerkingen te horen krijgen, maar deze jongens zeiden helemaal niks. Ik dacht echt: zijn ze homo of zo?' Nederlandse heren! Zeg altijd iets vriendelijks.)

That quote is from a Portugese woman. It makes me scared to see how that seems to be the norm overthere. Should we see it as a compliment? Should we also see it as a compliment when a guy grabs our ass?

You often get a situation where women comply to the norm as they expect that to be the case. They believe that this is all they can amount to and they also see an opportunity to make something of themselves by playing the game. Like this girl (can't remember if I've linked this before):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZs_rE9vqcc]A young American girl talks about stupid women - YouTube[/ame]

I can remember lower down in school this policeman did a talk about crime and all the kids were just so surprised to learn how common domestic abuse and how it's still rape if their married and it just kind of shocked me that people didn't understand that.

I also hate how on films when there is some form of domestic abuse it's often played out as if it's the woman's fault for provoking them and we're supposed to feel sorry for the man, sometimes I've heard comments like "well she was silly to do that". It scares me the way so many women think this way and it scares me more that if ever I was in a situation like that I'd be worried of being judged or questioned about what I did/wore etc.

More on this (wiki again, don't have time to properly research I'm afraid):

South Carolina represents the most extreme situation. Not only is marital rape punished less severely and the victims have only 30 days to report, but the law requires a higher level of violence to be used. The law, titled "Spousal sexual battery" reads as follows:[14]

(A) Sexual battery, as defined in Section 16-3-651(h), when accomplished through use of aggravated force, defined as the use or the threat of use of a weapon or the use or threat of use of physical force or physical violence of a high and aggravated nature, by one spouse against the other spouse if they are living together, constitutes the felony of spousal sexual battery and, upon conviction, a person must be imprisoned not more than ten years.

You often get a situation where women comply to the norm as they expect that to be the case. They believe that this is all they can amount to and they also see an opportunity to make something of themselves by playing the game. Like this girl (can't remember if I've linked this before):

That. Yup.

Must have been a wonderful relationship she had ... :rolleyes:

Believing all women are good for feminism isn't a great theory to have. As, of course, is believing all men are bad for it. As I've said elsewhere in this thread, it can be complex in the sense that the freedom for an individual girl/woman to perform an action is a result of feminism, though the action that they undertaken is not necessarily positive to the cause of feminism. In this sense, not all powerful women are good for feminism.

I'm on this messageboard completely to hear other people's opinions in order to sharpen my own views. If I go on a huge rant I tend turn people off discussing it as there's too much there, plus it's usually the case that I haven't a fully formed opinion yet. This is why I tend to question others.

Ah I thought you were implying you had something to say about the media coverage of it, which I thought was interesting because while I only saw 2 or 3 articles I didn't notice anything, they didn't imply that there was or wasn't any domestic abuse.

I didn't really have anything to say in this thread as it progressed but I just wanted to vent how I'm so tired of 'feminism' being such a negative word, like I get it feminism isn't as needed now as it was 100 years ago (at least in many Western countries) but why do we (not women, feminists) have to be called feminazi and be perceived as some crabby bitch who grabs the opportunities of gender inequality sympathy and gives inequality in return like I get it there's a couple of bad apples and bad ideas in the feminist movement but how could you not see the most core and general idea of it and think "nope just a bunch of fucking nutsos"

but people don't want to hear it they think feminism's done and over

also I really really hate the misandrist community on Tumblr, they're just as pathetic as your worst mysogynist imo and it's just like a bunch of 13-16 year old girls making posts about abusing men is funny and their only value is sperm etc. and then some of them post pictures of John Lennon and peace signs on their blog wtf

You can't fight hate and immorality with hate and immorality why in the hell would you advocate the suffering of billions of people because you want ""revenge"" or you just want to look cool like stop

And I know it's not like they're a majority of the population or anything but it is a pretty big thing on that website and that's one of the reasons I got so fed up with that site

And lastly I'm tired of people saying feminism isn't needed anymore, again I agree we don't need it as much as we used to but as long as the world goes on and there are crazy people and interesting people with new ideas they're gonna try to tip over gender equality to one direction and there's gonna be plenty of people out there who wanna keep it level. And it won't quite be perfect because it's impossible to fulfill an idea perfectly but I just hope this isn't a shameful thing anymore

Sorry for the massive run-ons :embarrassed: