✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm glad I'm not a girl

Prince Myshkin

I had a long post but my laptop overheated :angry:

I think tumblr is great for feminism, maybe you're not following the right blogs but there are some that I have so much admiration for and I don't really know what you are referring to. The only posts about misandry I've seen are ones that poke fun at how some guys view feminism/rape culture and some guys have taken this to be offensive, like can't they work out that when they say something it's not the entire male population? ugghh it just frustrates me.

misandry is not really a thing, it suggests that males are being oppressed by women/society/the media, which they are not. They choose one instance of a man being sexualised on tv and run with it, as if it affects their rights. Other times I've read mens rights blogs say that women being cautious of them as a stranger is affecting their rights which is the most stupid thing seen as women live in fear of rape and can't distinguish if a complete stranger is a rapist or not. The whole thing plays down the importance of feminist issues, the concept of mens rights suggest we are equal already, which we are not and I wish some of these bloggers would listen more and try understand rather than twist it around to them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing up past subjects but wolf whistling :|

Me and my friend were walking home today and this guy who was parked in a car (it was outside Tesco) started whistling at my friend (well I assume as she's pretty and I'm me) repeatedly! It's so annoying women are not fucking dogs, don't whistle at them like one.

Bringing up past subjects but wolf whistling :|

Me and my friend were walking home today and this guy who was parked in a car (it was outside Tesco) started whistling at my friend (well I assume as she's pretty and I'm me) repeatedly! It's so annoying women are not fucking dogs, don't whistle at them like one.

:nod:

I would have yelled at him :lol:

I've decided I'm going to say something if I hear something sexist (or racist or homophobic for that matter) instead of staying quiet. This applies to any situation (where it's not going to lead to me getting beat up), even if I know it will lead to ridicule. I'm bored of it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

Yeah, a husband being abusive is okay but if you try to defend yourself against it by firing warning shots the Stand Your Ground law does not apply to you and you should just go to jail for 20 years. While the Stand Your Ground law does apply to this Zimmerman man who shot a teenager that was unarmed, because he was defending himself ... whut?

Zimbabwe hospital charges women $5 for each scream during childbirth

A local hospital in Zimbabwe has been exposed as charging women $5 (£3.30) every time they scream while giving birth, a report reveals.

The practice was catalogued in an extensive new report from Transparency International, an anti-corruption organization. The hospital screaming fee was allegedly a charge for “raising a false alarm” but patients have claimed it is intended to make money out of suffering mothers-to-be.

This fee accompanies a flat $50 delivery cost that all Zimbabwean hospitals charge. Meaning that in one of Africa’s poorest countries, where average annual income per head is around $150, a mother who uttering only a few cries of distress might owe half her annual income as a result of giving birth.

According to a follow-up report by Transparency International, women who can’t afford these payments are sometimes detained by the hospitals and charged interest until their families pay up.

As a result, many Zimbabwean mothers after forced into giving birth at home because they can’t afford the high charges. The United Nations estimates an average of eight mothers die during childbirth each day in Zimbabwe.

The Washington Post revealed that Transparency International’s Zimbabwean branch contacted the national health ministry over the issue and sent a formal letter. The health ministry admitted to receiving the letter but then continued to do nothing. When the organization pursued the matter an official said they’d lost the letter.

A member of Transparency International finally met with Zimbabwe’s deputy Prime Minister, who promised to look into the problem. Since then, the NGO says, it’s heard no more complaints about the screaming fee, the $50 delivery charge however, still persists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/zimbabwe-hospital-charges-women-5-for-each-scream-during-childbirth-8705954.html

I'm glad I'm not a girl in Zimbabwe.

I'm sorry but "Vagenda" is a ridiculous name

Well not just that, it is trans-erasive.

I have heard things about Vagenda articles being problematic so I meet this article with narrowed eyes, furrowed eyebrows and a chin being rapidly stroked where a beard could be

Indeed, they have their critics. My reasoning for posting the article was more to generate discussion on housework than speak of the creators of the article. But it's all good for conversation as it tends to lead to important conversations on the theory of feminism, regardless.

Yes, but you are on the lower end of the male gender spectrum.

That doesn't make any sense. If you had said on the lower end of the gender spectrum, then you'd at least achieve your goal of being ignorant, but you can't even achieve ignorance.