✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm glad I'm not a girl

Prince Myshkin

This week was interesting in the Ireland parliament.

A female member of the Irish parliament complained she was a bit cold. So a male member laughed and said he’d “warm her up" and pulled her onto his lap while under the influence of alcohol ... in the parliament chambers....while the other male members just stood around watching and laughing. In the middle of a debate on the reproductive rights of women.

:|

And then a senator accused a TD of "speaking out of her fanny".

Well done Ireland.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week was interesting in the Ireland parliament.

A female member of the Irish parliament complained she was a bit cold. So a male member laughed and said he’d “warm her up" and pulled her onto his lap while under the influence of alcohol ... in the parliament chambers....while the other male members just stood around watching and laughing. In the middle of a debate on the reproductive rights of women.

:|

And then a senator accused a TD of "speaking out of her fanny".

Well done Ireland.

Holycrap

BP5ITy3CUAAyMRw.png:large

As expected the media (along with the people) will now chart how long it takes Kate to lose her pregnancy weight and become acceptable again. The faster the better. Magazines are already letting us know her diet so the normal women in our society can avoid being normal. Because normal is fucked up man and you won't be happy being normal.

I thought it was common knowledge that while it can go down within only a few days (rare), most women take at least a few weeks or over a month for it to basically disappear, and quite a bit longer for it to be gone completely, even with exercise.

Those Kate Middleton tweets are perfect examples of human ignorance at its best. Pure stupidity. Twitter is great and horrible all at once. I think a lot of people tweet outlandish things just to get a retweet because it makes their day. I hate when I see stuff like that. What's this?! Kate still has baby weight just 24 hours after having a baby? Fat and over-rated quite clearly. My sister-in-law had baby weight for well over a month, and in my opinion she looked like a mother, and she looked fine to me.

The fuck is wrong with society. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bit afraid to check out this thread because I thought it would be filled with arguments and people shaking their heads at the term "feminist" and feminism in general but I've been pleasantly surprised :daisy: U guys r great.

It makes me sick to see girls going around with fake tan and make-up plastered on just because they think it makes them look more attractive, when in reality it just makes them look horrid. Because then you get girls saying "I wish I was more attractive, must go and buy makeup and fake tan so I can look like X!" who are actually perfectly good looking to begin with. :(

The thing is that these girls might feel attractive and confident while wearing lots of make-up and having a fake tan, and as long as they are doing it for themselves and not because they feel pressured to do it then I think it's quite silly of you to call them horrid.

Not all girls get dressed up to attract male attention, it's only silly to think that. The whole point is that women should be able to look however they want without men butting in and making comments about how they should or should not look. But honestly, as people have already mentioned, no makeup is bad but so is too much make-up.

I've decided I'm going to say something if I hear something sexist (or racist or homophobic for that matter) instead of staying quiet. This applies to any situation (where it's not going to lead to me getting beat up), even if I know it will lead to ridicule. I'm bored of it.

Bless ur heart ily Greg :heart:

I have friends, both boys and girls, who come with these rather sexist and slut shaming comments about other girls and it always makes me a bit uncomfortable because I'm not quick enough to say something and if I do try I often get funny looks because they don't think it's a big deal at all. I remember my ex made some rather rude comments about "loose girls" and I was horrified and tried to explain to him how awful it was for him to say that and it ended up with him laughing and asking me if I was a feminist. I just blinked and felt a bit confused as to why he asked me in such a mocking way.

I was a bit afraid to check out this thread because I thought it would be filled with arguments and people shaking their heads at the term "feminist" and feminism in general but I've been pleasantly surprised :daisy: U guys r great.

Yeah, I was pleased with the response of people and I'm glad there wasn't an awful amount of time discussing semantics and spelling things out to people who aren't interested in accepting the current state of things. Or those who like to play victim for the sole reason that they are in no way a victim themselves and they feel all left out.

no makeup is bad

Why?

Bless ur heart ily Greg :heart:

I have friends, both boys and girls, who come with these rather sexist and slut shaming comments about other girls and it always makes me a bit uncomfortable because I'm not quick enough to say something and if I do try I often get funny looks because they don't think it's a big deal at all. I remember my ex made some rather rude comments about "loose girls" and I was horrified and tried to explain to him how awful it was for him to say that and it ended up with him laughing and asking me if I was a feminist. I just blinked and felt a bit confused as to why he asked me in such a mocking way.

That's lame. It's a shame to see the notion of feminism frowned upon.

I think it's too easy for men to go on the defensive. They see it as a personal attack and because they have not looked into the topic passed what the mainstream media often portrays it as (some of the lesser important facets of the movement, boiling down to semantics, etc) and don't see themselves as a problem (and many of them are not), they are hesitant to put themselves up as part of the solution, or are simply not aware that they possibly could be one.

But it's too easy for anyone not to get involved in things, or challenge themselves to find out what is happening and analysing their true impact on the issue. Why bother when you have the mainstream press providing all the answers in a simplistic (but false) interpretation which plays into your already manufactured biases, brought about by a gender divide instilled from an early age and maintained by the powerful who are almost exclusively white males.

That's how I see it anyway.