✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guesses on when the Ghost Stories Tour will start?

Sammy_MX

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be weird to start touring in August when the album's realeased in May? That's such a big gap!

Two months, just a bit longer than when MX was released (24 October - 3 December). The concerts played before that date were mostly concerts for TV and radio.

Summer or Fall, 2014.

So unbelievably excited for the next tour/album!! I agree that late summer/fall at the earliest makes sense. It takes time to put everything together for a tour the magnitude of Coldplays'. It's going to be interesting to see what direction the tour(s) take since so far the mood and tone of the LP is decidedly different from Mylo Xylto.

so according to this guy, there are no big tour plans this time around:

Met Chris Martin of #Coldplay today at the gym in #SantaMonica, talked about the new songs, says no big tour plans, just low key gigs.

that sounds awesome but it would make it impossible to get into these shows.. it would be very very sad if they do small low key shows and you couldn't get in..

link

Met Chris Martin of #Coldplay today at the gym in #SantaMonica, talked about the new songs, says no big tour plans, just low key gigs.

that sounds awesome but it would make it impossible to get into these shows.. it would be very very sad if they do small low key shows and you couldn't get in..

link

Let's hope Chris is telling a little lie here, otherwise there will be a hell of a lot of disappointed fans.

link

so if that's true, can we expect another album and a LP7 world tour in late 2015 / early 2016?

I've been thinking about this. Given the low-key release of this album, and the type of music it sounds to be, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a world tour like MX. However, they did promise they'd be coming to Latin America to make up for that cancelled tour - so I'd expect to go see them to that part of the world in stadiums, and keep the huge full world tour until LP7, which I'm starting to wonder if it might come in 1-2 years time based on this release and no current plans of a tour.

I think they kind of learned their lesson not to premiere new songs before the album has been released. So it's understandable that at least until the release of the album, there will not be many shows.

However, one thing is summer festivals: that could still happen, but as someone said, Fall 2014 tour is in my view, inevitable.. you don't release a good record and NOT tour it.

With September 2014 still half a year away, that's I think the starting point for gigs. Don't believe for one second they'll just do low-key shows.

As they'll be playing stadiums in South America, that part of the tour (I think they'll tour there first to make up for the cancelled tour) will have to happen before or after the FIFA World Cup (Start 12th June, finishes 13th July). They wouldn't be able to play Brazil whilst the tournament was on, (that's what I'm basing this on). Then maybe some small gigs in Europe or arena shows during the winter and then the same in America after the new year.

That's my guess if the whole "No extended tour" tweet is true.

Although, personally I'd love to see more smaller shows like the U1R gig. It just seemed more personal and energetic.

I really hope that their US tour holds off for the summer. I'll be out of the country from June-July on an exchange and odds are I'd have no opportunity to see them abroad. Is it safe to predict I will have an opportunity to see them in the Ohio/Detroit/Chicago area after the end of July?