✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another's Arms

Tash

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Midnight and Another's Arms consecutively, I can say that Midnight flows right into Another's Arms. The same background that ends Midnight is the intro to Another's Arms, if anybody has noticed. But I'm hoping this album will be a continuous flowing album. They haven't managed to do that, although the past two albums they have had a number of connected songs, never a full album. This album is looking to be a very personal, intimate, dark, and beautiful album.

Has anyone's opinion of this song changed since hearing about Chris and Gwyn? I know I felt this song (and most of what I'd heard so far of the album) was quite meh when I first heard it, but it took on a new meaning and just hit me right in the guts when I replayed it again after finding out...

I did find it quite strange that the lyrics are less opaque and beautiful than they usually are... Also that the whole band let it pass (rather than say "this is not good enough, let's start again")... I'm much relieved (music-wise) that it's related to the recent emotional events and the whole album certainly is very personal - all very sad of course that two beautiful people are now heart-broken :(

Thanks to Coldplay for writing this, and allowing us to share in the beauty of your songs and musical + emotional landscapes... I for one always appreciate the emotional honesty you guys bring. Time to let us fans "lighten the load" and give back to you :)

Now after i have listen to the song maybe 10 times it much better then the first time i heard it. But i still have some problems with the lyrics :\ But i have the feeling that they focus more on the sound and the feeling the song gives rater than the lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually fell in love with that song right at the first listen and that doesn't happen to me very often.

Everything about it is just so perfect, it gives me shivers and almost moves me to tears because it sounds so incredibly epic. I'm really loving this song to bits and I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favourite songs.

I cannot wait to hear the studio version of it!

Saw some websites some people said the lyrics is trashy, but if you are a real Coldplay fan, I guess you cant hate the song but gotta accept the fact that it is about Chris breaking up with Gwyneth, reading the whole lyrics is just so deep and making me sad about Chris </3

Yeah but too many solo's you start to get tired of it.

Jonny is at the stage where he needs more solos though. My band are going through the same argument determining solos are kinda going out of style in the poppy radio era unfortunately....