✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Story

Tash

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some connection between this one and 42?

- 42: "You thought you might be a ghost, you didn’t get to heaven but you made it close".

- Ghost Story: "Maybe I'm just a ghost, disappear when anybody's close, go through you when you travel, travel over near", "Maybe I'm just a ghost, emptied by 'em, anybody knows, maybe I'm on a rose, or am I even here?", "Maybe I'm a ghost, just a whisper in a perfect smoke, a secret that nobody knows, no one will ever hear", "Oh, maybe I'm a ghost, specter of the wrong cause, fallen out of rose, something people fear".

Is there some connection between this one and 42?

- 42: "You thought you might be a ghost, you didn’t get to heaven but you made it close".

- Ghost Story: "Maybe I'm just a ghost, disappear when anybody's close, go through you when you travel, travel over near", "Maybe I'm just a ghost, emptied by 'em, anybody knows, maybe I'm on a rose, or am I even here?", "Maybe I'm a ghost, just a whisper in a perfect smoke, a secret that nobody knows, no one will ever hear", "Oh, maybe I'm a ghost, specter of the wrong cause, fallen out of rose, something people fear".

The word ghost. And they're both good songs.

I would love it if they were already working on LP7 instead! I want more songs like "Ghost Story"! It's the best from the GS era in my opinion and it's so different from everything on the album! I love how they use a real drum set!

Just heared it. Guys, thats it! That is Coldplay! This song is so awesome. I heared the first chord and the rythm and I knew, yeah, that will be great! Imagine the hole album would be like this, that would be awesome. Don't understand me wrong, I really started to like AIMH, Midnight and Oceans. But those are two different worlds, IMO GS is a lot better! (Oh yeah and I think I don't have to compare it with ASFOS, I really don't get how they still produce those unbelievable typical Coldplay tracks like gs and on the other hand commercial mainstream avicii bullshit....) and yes I respect the Boys and they should do what they want, but i really don't get it how this high amount of potential they still have can't mess with commercial music, because they still would sale as many albums as always.

Just heared it. Guys, thats it! That is Coldplay! This song is so awesome. I heared the first chord and the rythm and I knew, yeah, that will be great! Imagine the hole album would be like this, that would be awesome. Don't understand me wrong, I really started to like AIMH, Midnight and Oceans. But those are two different worlds, IMO GS is a lot better! (Oh yeah and I think I don't have to compare it with ASFOS, I really don't get how they still produce those unbelievable typical Coldplay tracks like gs and on the other hand commercial mainstream avicii bullshit....) and yes I respect the Boys and they should do what they want, but i really don't get it how this high amount of potential they still have can't mess with commercial music, because they still would sale as many albums as always.

Well said! Agree completely. Such exciting music, just makes you realise what they still can do (and I think all your friends shows that too).

It seems that a lot of people won't hear ghost story because they dont know about the bonus tracks.. that's a real shame.

But anyway, do you believe that they will go this direction, for their next album?

The version I was listening to on YouTube was sped up, obviously to avoid it getting removed, but I was caught off guard when i heard the actual version at actual speed. Almost enjoyed it more when it was sped up...but still the best song they've released since DLIBYH.

I just absolutely love this song. To me, it's just instant, classic Coldplay - don't get me wrong, I love that they always evolve their sound, but for something that just hits me like "Yes, this is a Coldplay song" - this is it. I can't understand why it's a bonus track, but I love it.

This song is REALLY good, and I did not say this since a long time (apart for Oceans and O).

They are still able to make nice things. I have some hope back :) Just forget the last years :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is def my fav song on GS aside from AIMH. I really did not want to post about it because I felt bad that some ppl did not have the Target version. I love it, rock out to it, have it on constantly. Reminds me of One I love a bit. The guitar is exactly what I needed on this album. I do hope they play it live at some point

This is def my fav song on GS aside from AIMH. I really did not want to post about it because I felt bad that some ppl did not have the Target version. I love it, rock out to it, have it on constantly. Reminds me of One I love a bit. The guitar is exactly what I needed on this album. I do hope they play it live at some point

Agreed 200%. The music is so knitty-gritty and kinda grunge-y and I absolutely LOVE that. I really hope they play it live sometime as well. My favourite part is when he does the little "YEHHHH" before the chorus, it's SO Chris Martin hahaha