✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Jenjie

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still *really* want to go to this, but isn't anyone else just a bit shocked at how expensive these tickets are?! I wasn't expecting them to be cheap by any means, but still :shocked2:

I am shocked.. but it has made me start to think that they may well replicate what they did for the Ghost Stories TV Special. Although Chris mentioned it would be expensive to take on tour, I think it may be a surprise for the London gig to have it all set up. This may be the reason for more expensive tickets.

Also I believe Coldplay will be performing in the centre of the albert hall. In the middle of the Arena space to replicate a 360 type of concert he mentioned in the Zane Lowe interview.

I am shocked.. but it has made me start to think that they may well replicate what they did for the Ghost Stories TV Special. Although Chris mentioned it would be expensive to take on tour, I think it may be a surprise for the London gig to have it all set up. This may be the reason for more expensive tickets.

Also I believe Coldplay will be performing in the centre of the albert hall. In the middle of the Arena space to replicate a 360 type of concert he mentioned in the Zane Lowe interview.

That's what I was thinking too. And hoping. It's going to be worth the money if that's what they're doing.

Ah hell, it'll be worth it if they don't. It's easy enough to save up, who needs food and clothing and shelter anyway.

I really don't know what to think. I would sell my kidney to see them so then €114 is better deal, but it's so much for a concert ugh.. Okay if they set it up like the TV special but...

Also, I fear this photo ID thing means I can't even get tickets at all unless my coldplayer friends do, I can't buy them myself (no credit card and I'm at school when they go on sale)

The TV Special was $4 mill to set up. If every ticket was 100, they'd still only get $500,000. If it was $300 a ticket, then they'd get $2 million. I can understand why they didn't do that. It'd kill the fans wallets.

The TV Special was $4 mill to set up. If every ticket was 100, they'd still only get $500,000. If it was $300 a ticket, then they'd get $2 million. I can understand why they didn't do that. It'd kill the fans wallets.

Maybe they are willing to pay for most of it

Maybe they are willing to pay for most of it

To be honest, I believe their stage will be set up in the centre of the Royal Albert Hall for the 360 experience. Are any of their other promo tours going to be in this set up? If not, this leads to the chance that if they do the 360 set up, it could mean going all out for their final promo concert by creating the Ghost Stories TV Special Experience. If they don't, I won't mind. Still gunna be great.

Where are the gallery seats?

e1c151190ce7eb80d502753eb76bbb61.png

This is the view looking behind from the middle of the arena seats.

d2d3259bfa867b25ae485efc1a1dde71.png

These are the Gallery seats (the bits behind the seats). So the very top section of the hall.

I know ticket prices are high but i've just read on Stubhub they are refusing to re-sell these tickets.... "Unfortunately we are unable to allow the resale or purchase of these tickets as the original buyer must attend the concert and provide photo ID."

So i think the touts are going to struggle to sell tickets for this show at even more inflated prices than they already are which has got to be a good thing for genuine fans :)

But how do you think they would set up the stage in the Arena when there are tickets sold for the Arena seats?

And I guess there will still be people trying to make profit from the tickets - buy two, attend the show and sell the other one.

There were ebay listings like that for Cologne.

Do you guys think we can purchase the tickets on the spot? Thinking to go to royal albert hall on the day the presale starts.. Comparing to online price with additional £8ish would be too much. Face value is £85 whilst online is £93.50!? Too much man :|

AH I NEED TO SAVE MY MONEY FOR ALL MY NEEDS :(

Do you guys think we can purchase the tickets on the spot? Thinking to go to royal albert hall on the day the presale starts.. Comparing to online price with additional £8ish would be too much. Face value is £85 whilst online is £93.50!? Too much man :|

AH I NEED TO SAVE MY MONEY FOR ALL MY NEEDS :(

What I did for the NYC concert is, I had my friend call beforehand to see if they would sell to her right then (she lives in NYC), and they said no. I would just call ahead and ask them tbh :)

What I did for the NYC concert is, I had my friend call beforehand to see if they would sell to her right then (she lives in NYC), and they said no. I would just call ahead and ask them tbh :)

Mmmm I would better call them beforehand then. Sounds like a good idea. Cause i will have an interview in the afternoon so had a quick thought if i could just stop by there before noon to get the tickets.

Anyone know of any cheap hotels around there? Is it a pretty safe place to wander around? I'd be coming down on my own from Merseyside & will probably look like a frightened rabbit!

I'm coming from Cheshire, I go to school in Merseyside :L Your best bet would probably be a Travelodge or a Premier Inn. Check for local ones, they're only about £20 a night :)

I'm coming from Cheshire, I go to school in Merseyside :L Your best bet would probably be a Travelodge or a Premier Inn. Check for local ones, they're only about £20 a night :)

I bet the travelodges have bumped up their prices near the venue!

A bit of a daft question, but since this is a special show, are they only allowing you to buy tickets in pairs? Looking at Amazon & the "prize" of a pre sale code it says you can buy 2 tickets. Since if i can get down, i'll be going on my own & have no need for two tickets so that will be me out.

A bit of a daft question, but since this is a special show, are they only allowing you to buy tickets in pairs? Looking at Amazon & the "prize" of a pre sale code it says you can buy 2 tickets. Since if i can get down, i'll be going on my own & have no need for two tickets so that will be me out.

Nonono, you do have the option to buy a singular ticket; two tickets is the maximum amount you can buy :)

I don't think you have to buy a pair. I guess it's just the maximum possible amount.

But if it is the rule, don't worry, there will be a lot of desperate fellow coldplayers wanting to buy the other ticket from you if you're lucky... :)

Anyone know of any cheap hotels around there? Is it a pretty safe place to wander around? I'd be coming down on my own from Merseyside & will probably look like a frightened rabbit!

I have stayed at astor hostels in London Victoria and there is a bus just exactly in front of the hall - since Tube will be closed at 10pm and I guess Coldplay will be done beyond that time, and if you are gonna stay somewhere nearby, you might wanna take a bus or walk instead of train fyi :wink:

I believe if you take a walk from hall there is a Hyde Park hostel...I dont remember which area to be exact, all the information are on the website, check astorhostels.co.uk, it's clean, cheap, and very safe! I recommend it though :)

I have stayed at astor hostels in London Victoria and there is a bus just exactly in front of the hall - since Tube will be closed at 10pm and I guess Coldplay will be done beyond that time, and if you are gonna stay somewhere nearby, you might wanna take a bus or walk instead of train fyi :wink:

I believe if you take a walk from hall there is a Hyde Park hostel...I dont remember which area to be exact, all the information are on the website, check astorhostels.co.uk, it's clean, cheap, and very safe! I recommend it though :)

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind!