Oh oh ohoh

Now we don't care, go on and tear us apart

but please beware

Mylooo

Xylooootooo ohoh

Cause in my head, in my head there's just screams

that say Viiiiiiiva

that say Viiiiiiva La Viiiiiiiiiida

Pa-pa-pa-pa Parachutes Pa Pa Pa Parachutes Chutes Chutes Chutes Parachutes oh yeah Parachutes Pa Pa Pa Parachutes

I really hope to hear something new soon ! I know it won't happen, but thy could release some unreleased songs of previous eras as a treat to fans in-between eras...

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cause you're a head, cause you're a head full of dreams

I'm gonna rush you my blood

Oh oh ohoh

Cause you're the X and the Y

I'll do EDM and make our fans cry

Oh oh ohoh

Now we don't care, go on and tear us apart

but please beware

Mylooo

Xylooootooo ohoh

Cause in my head, in my head there's just screams

that say Viiiiiiiva

that say Viiiiiiva La Viiiiiiiiiida

Pa-pa-pa-pa Parachutes Pa Pa Pa Parachutes Chutes Chutes Chutes Parachutes oh yeah Parachutes Pa Pa Pa Parachutes

I really hope to hear something new soon ! I know it won't happen, but thy could release some unreleased songs of previous eras as a treat to fans in-between eras...

Oh. My. Faints. .....Silence.

Horns --> maybe Chris has been listening to Uptown Funk a lot. :D It'd be interesting if Coldplay did something kind old timey / I don't know what you call the genre of the following but it reminds me of something from the 60s/70s:

[video=youtube;V8uGnmd4Nu0]

It would be great to try that out. After all, you know we can't go back.

Is there a single coming out June 1st or is this just a very exciting rumour :D

If I am honest, and maybe some here will disagree, but I really hope for a return to an AROBTTH type album.

maybe some here will disagree

some here will disagree

will disagree

disagree

BWAHAHAAHAAHAAA, if anything, I believe the one thing we can all agree on is AROBTTH II being the best case scenario. It seems you have a fairly recent join date, but i'll catch you up, we HAVE all been praying for it. But over time, we've kinda let that dream die....

RE: June 1, the first instance I came across that date was someone on here with an uneducated hunch about it. In other words, nothing is happening June 1st. I would love to be wrong, but I would rather be realistic.

maybe some here will disagree

some here will disagree

will disagree

disagree

kek

I agree. I guess we'll get another album with mixed electronic elements, avicii and rap influences and whatnot.

But that doesn't mean it has to be bad though.

You know what would be a dark twist to "A Head Full of Dreams" ? (Don't worry, wont happen...)

Those with weak nerves, better don't click on that spoiler...

Imagine the cover art being a severed head...and the album being about all the good dreams the victim had before his life was cut short through the beheading, and bad dreams while he was imprisoned awaiting his beheading.

And the overall theme about the senselessness of violence and wars in today's world, and all the innocent people slain. Or the dreams in the heads of those drowning in the Meditteranean before the coast of Europe, hoping for a better life but receiving rejection and death instead.

You know what would be a dark twist to "A Head Full of Dreams" ?

Those with weak nerves, better don't click on that spoiler...

Imagine the cover art being a severed head...and the album being about all the good dreams the victim had before his life was cut short through the beheading, and bad dreams while he was imprisoned awaiting his beheading

I waNT FIVE COPIES OF THAT SHIT

takemymoney_donald.gif

I waNT FIVE COPIES OF THAT SHIT

takemymoney_donald.gif

Oh MY!! a Donald Duck gif :heart:

& back to the topic, we already know the album will be uplifting & celebratory (the day after the night), it will be full of happy tunes. I like the idea, but it is not suitable for this album.

did you guys notice that the note signed by "Bono" is exactly (or at least I believe) the same paper on which the band wrote the note on their timeline? We could assume that is the studio in which they would be working on AHFOD, assuming it is a joke note written by Chris who signed it as Bono

I have already said this: An album can be uplifting and colourful and still be Rock or Alternative Rock.

Just because it's colourful... Doesn't mean it's pop...

Viva was pop and it was incredible. If they make lp7 with the same mentality as viva. We should expect it to be one of their best albums.

Got a question that may sound stupid but...what exactly is the difference between "alternative" rock and just "rock" (i.e. mainstream rock ?)

I never quite understood that, other than I know that Parachutes and AROBTTH are examples of alt rock. How would you classify X&Y for example ?

Alternative rock is just as broad a term as "rock." Basically what it means is that the song or group in question doesn't fit into the traditional rock formula as neatly as the popularized "rock n' roll" genre that dominated the seventies and sixties. That means alt-rock could be britpop, punk rock, emo, grunge, electro-rock, even metal. It is a vague term that pretty much includes most kinds of music that isn't clearly of one genre. In short, the "categorization" is convenient for bands like Coldplay who often switch genres and styles.

You could arguably throw anything that has a guitar, bass, and drums under alt-rock category nowadays :) haha

That is my interpretation of it, but others could see it differently. I personally hate when things get categorized, but it can be useful to some degree.