✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

maybe some here will disagree

some here will disagree

will disagree

disagree

BWAHAHAAHAAHAAA, if anything, I believe the one thing we can all agree on is AROBTTH II being the best case scenario. It seems you have a fairly recent join date, but i'll catch you up, we HAVE all been praying for it. But over time, we've kinda let that dream die....

RE: June 1, the first instance I came across that date was someone on here with an uneducated hunch about it. In other words, nothing is happening June 1st. I would love to be wrong, but I would rather be realistic.

Well, I assumed that Coldplay would have a lot of new fans nowadays that would be into the more electronic stuff. I supposed I assumed wrong.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The wait is killing me I'm going to start listening to Muse for a while :cool:

Wish I was digging the new Muse songs, it would soften the wait some more.. But honestly haven't liked any of the new songs they've released.. :(

^ Same. After not caring for any 2nd Law songs ('cept for Supremacy), I was hoping we'd get a couple of good ones from Drones, but so far that doesn't look like it's going to happen :disappointed:

You know what would be a dark twist to "A Head Full of Dreams" ? (Don't worry, wont happen...)

Those with weak nerves, better don't click on that spoiler...

Imagine the cover art being a severed head...and the album being about all the good dreams the victim had before his life was cut short through the beheading, and bad dreams while he was imprisoned awaiting his beheading.

And the overall theme about the senselessness of violence and wars in today's world, and all the innocent people slain. Or the dreams in the heads of those drowning in the Meditteranean before the coast of Europe, hoping for a better life but receiving rejection and death instead.

This. I want this.

Coldplay's dark songs are the best :bigcry:

^ Same. After not caring for any 2nd Law songs ('cept for Supremacy), I was hoping we'd get a couple of good ones from Drones, but so far that doesn't look like it's going to happen :disappointed:

This. I want this.

Coldplay's dark songs are the best :bigcry:

I agree with you on that. It's the atmosphere they're so good at creating and their two best albums imo (AROBTTH and X&Y) are pretty dark.

I also think their two most uplifting songs are ETIAW and Paradise, which makes me optimistic for their new efforts. The riff from ETIAW with the atmosphere of Paradise would be the perfect blend :D

I love X&Y a lot, but AROBTTH always strikes me as the album where everything harmonizes so well. The atmosphere on AROBTTH is certainly not a happy one but it is not as dark as GS for example, what I love is that though the themes are serious and melancholic and feel "heavy", it has this overall "warm" sound of instrumentation...do you know what I mean ? Just like Parachutes, which was a bit lighter though. Wish they'd revisit this "warm" sound.

I agree with you on that. It's the atmosphere they're so good at creating and their two best albums imo (AROBTTH and X&Y) are pretty dark.

I also think their two most uplifting songs are ETIAW and Paradise, which makes me optimistic for their new efforts. The riff from ETIAW with the atmosphere of Paradise would be the perfect blend :D

Indeed - I really like the happy/upbeat songs like ETIAW, Charlie Brown. HLH is an absolute gem.

But there's also elements of atmospheric rock / post-rock that they're really good at that I want to bring into the present discussion:

The live version of Spies in the AROBTTH tour involved an entirely reworked intro and outro to the song that are very textured.

[video=youtube;NwWurWdDEGY]

Just listen to Jonny make the guitar wail in this live-only introduction to What If:

[video=youtube;hghwZfCIQgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hghwZfCIQgU

And they keep alive the Jonny atmospheres with the revamped GPASUYF (see the transition from Violet Hill into GPASYUF):

[video=youtube;EVIw1sXFJE4]

Question (since I've never been to a Coldplay show) - is this the kind of stuff that people seem to enjoy live? These live transitions are one of my favourite parts of their shows, but I fear that the younger demographic Coldplay sometimes caters to isn't into the intense and chill experience of music that Jonny Buckland can deliver for people. That said, I'm optimistic that they'll bring something like the aforementioned into their shows again or into LP7. :)

Indeed - I really like the happy/upbeat songs like ETIAW, Charlie Brown. HLH is an absolute gem.

But there's also elements of atmospheric rock / post-rock that they're really good at that I want to bring into the present discussion:

The live version of Spies in the AROBTTH tour involved an entirely reworked intro and outro to the song that are very textured.

[video=youtube;NwWurWdDEGY]

Just listen to Jonny make the guitar wail in this live-only introduction to What If:

[video=youtube;hghwZfCIQgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hghwZfCIQgU

And they keep alive the Jonny atmospheres with the revamped GPASUYF (see the transition from Violet Hill into GPASYUF):

[video=youtube;EVIw1sXFJE4]

Question (since I've never been to a Coldplay show) - is this the kind of stuff that people seem to enjoy live? These live transitions are one of my favourite parts of their shows, but I fear that the younger demographic Coldplay sometimes caters to isn't into the intense and chill experience of music that Jonny Buckland can deliver for people. That said, I'm optimistic that they'll bring something like the aforementioned into their shows again or into LP7. :)

I agree on that.

Somehow I don't really like it when there's a hard cut after every song, so I'm always happy to see Coldplay do some sweet transitions into one another [emoji4]

So this was recently posted on Twitter by Davide Rossi.

Hopefully this confirms the new album will be out sooner rather than later this year.[ATTACH]31959[/ATTACH]

Ouuuh could be!

But when you read the conversation, it sounds like he was just "reassuring" the one asking the question and playing along...

Ouuuh could be!

But when you read the conversation, it sounds like he was just "reassuring" the one asking the question and playing along...

I agree. Saying 'soon' doesn't change anything about when I though LP7 would come out. Saying soon is just a way for them to convey that, yes, they are working on the album currently and to expect it...soon....Most of us are already comfortable with the guess that the album is coming within the next 10 months anyways.

I doubt the Coldplaying announcement will have anything to do with AHFOD, unfortunately. It's gonna be another bunch of questions to the band members on something general like last time, i doubt the band would reveal anything about AHFOD to Coldplaying. They will make a general announcement if it's time in their eyes. Of course I hope this will be as soon as possible :lol:

I think the trouble is that Chris just couldn't keep his mouth shut and announced the new album much too early (back in December), resulting in us waiting for it impatiently here :D

so let's get the guessing started.. who are the norwegian producers working on lp7?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">it was 30 years ago today <a href="https://twitter.com/aha_com">@aha_com</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/huntinghighandlow?src=hash">#huntinghighandlow</a>, a very important album for our band… <a href="http://t.co/15bsX0vRd5">pic.twitter.com/15bsX0vRd5</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/605422197176475648">June 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">we have a lot to thank norway for - including our amazing producers <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/aheadfullofdreams?src=hash">#aheadfullofdreams</a>, love cm</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/605422316273713152">June 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More info on these producers anyone? Thanking them suggests that they have finished or are well into the production of 'A Head Full Of Dreams'. There's a certain aura hanging around now, like something big is about to drop!

Thats not the point.

We already had those questions, so it would have been enough to announce that we get another round of Q&A. But not as a "big" announcement, which it isnt.

I don't think anyone thought the big announcement was gonna be anything other than more Q&A. Sorry you got hyped up for 'nothing', but it doesn't take much reading between the lines to figure out what it was gonna be.