✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

What the actual eff. "Stargate confirmed producers of Lp7"? Y'know, I figured after the fiasco of the fake show in the Netherlands that we would be more careful in confirming stuff. I don't know what our own personal criterion are for listing something as confirmed, but I would hope to see something from Coldplay using the word 'Stargate' before I starting confirming shit, you know what I mean?

i guess this site has an obligation to try and break news first and to increase internet traffic on the site and what not but its just plain wrong to start confirming things when the only instance of the words "A Head a Full of Dreams" and "Stargate" being in the same sentence came from a poster who did some research. To me, that's great that the poster did some work and dug around, but it isn't enough to confirm anything.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the actual eff. "Stargate confirmed producers of Lp7"? Y'know, I figured after the fiasco of the fake show in the Netherlands that we would be more careful in confirming stuff. I don't know what our own personal criterion are for listing something as confirmed, but I would hope to see something from Coldplay using the word 'Stargate' before I starting confirming shit, you know what I mean?

i guess this site has an obligation to try and break news first and to increase internet traffic on the site and what not but its just plain wrong to start confirming things when the only instance of the words "A Head a Full of Dreams" and "Stargate" being in the same sentence came from a poster who did some research. To me, that's great that the poster did some work and dug around, but it isn't enough to confirm anything.

D0o0d, it's a speculation thread. If someone somewhere somehow finds a snippet about Coldplay farming unicorns, people will be hungry for unicorn meat. If Jonny starts wearing red hats, people will believe the new album is about death and destruction. If Chris is going to have another tatoo of a cryptic symbol, people will lose their shit and blame Illuminati for LP7.

Just roll with it and post your crap on here until the actual album comes out and everybody continues to complain/praise it LOL

D0o0d, it's a speculation thread. If someone somewhere somehow finds a snippet about Coldplay farming unicorns, people will be hungry for unicorn meat. If Jonny starts wearing red hats, people will believe the new album is about death and destruction. If Chris is going to have another tatoo of a cryptic symbol, people will lose their shit and blame Illuminati for LP7.

Just roll with it and post your crap on here until the actual album comes out and everybody continues to complain/praise it LOL

Agreed, except the Twitter feed, run but those who I thought knew better, went ahead and broadcast to the world that it's confirmed; posted outside the realm of this speculation thread. Batman, I definitely know what this thread is about having read it in its entirety. If you wanna say it's confirmed here, go ahead and fool yourselves to get some thrill. But to confirm it when it isn't as a representative of the largest Coldplay Fan site is reckless

You guys are all blowing this out of proportion. We don't even know that it's Stargate, they might just be working on one or two songs, and they helped make Miracles (which isn't MX-esque at all and is quite liked by a lot of us). Calm down.

Agreed, except the Twitter feed, run but those who I thought knew better, went ahead and broadcast to the world that it's confirmed; posted outside the realm of this speculation thread. Batman, I definitely know what this thread is about having read it in its entirety. If you wanna say it's confirmed here, go ahead and fool yourselves to get some thrill. But to confirm it when it isn't as a representative of the largest Coldplay Fan site is reckless

I didn't check the twitter feed, so I didn't know this crap left this thread :stunned: :mean:

I don't believe anything is true until Coldplay themselves say so. I dunno who of us tweeted this on the twitter feed, but I'm not impressed, I agree 100% with you here :|

I didn't check the twitter feed, so I didn't know this crap left this thread :stunned: :mean:

I don't believe anything is true until Coldplay themselves say so. I dunno who of us tweeted this on the twitter feed, but I'm not impressed, I agree 100% with you here :|

me too. i raised this very point to sparky when i saw it. didn't want misconceptions.

it's on Coldplaying Facebook too, as "confirmed"...

On the genre vs. producer discussion, imho the producer does reveal something about the intended "feel" of the album. You get those producers on board that you feel will be the ones to fit the genre. You wouldn't call in Eno to produce Parachutes, or Stargate to produce AROBTTH (figuratively speaking).

Same. Literally nothing has been confirmed at this point :lol:

Yeah, I didn't want to be the black sheep of the forum, but I really do feel stringly against the move. Good to see a few others agree.

I mean, they could turn out to be producers, but it's nothing more than a likely guess than confirmed story.

Exactly. It's being spread around like Stargate and Coldplay themselves announced it together. I'm skeptical for plenty of reasons, but jumping the gun like this is not good looking for the site. I don't know why this Stargate thing is bothering me so much, but I hope Coldplaying can retract the confirmation.

Exactly. It's being spread around like Stargate and Coldplay themselves announced it together. I'm skeptical for plenty of reasons, but jumping the gun like this is not good looking for the site. I'm not a huge fan of Atlas Project, but at least they've been working on posting only confirmed things, or using reliable sources. I don't know why this Stargate thing is bothering me so much, but I hope Coldplaying can retract the confirmation.

Thanks. Also, AtlasProject has also 'confirmed' I believe along with ColdplayzoneIT as well.

Just found this of BuzzFeed Community, just a little info on A- Ha!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnnyr6/a-ha-30-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-band-be-arl4#.bs7xnqYKd

A-Ha! 30 Things You May Not Know About The Band Behind “Take On Me”

In America, when you hear the name “a-ha,” either you think someone’s experienced a revelation or you find yourself humming “Take on Me,” but the career of the trio behind that classic track is far more substantial than just the one single. On the 30th anniversary of the release of the band’s debut album, Hunting High and Low, here’s your chance to learn about the history of a-ha from the very beginning all the way up to where things stand with the band in 2015.

1. It’s not exactly breaking news that a-ha consists of three gentlemen from Norway named Morten Harket (vocals), Magne Furuholmen (keyboards) and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy (guitars), but what you may not know is that the line-up was officially cemented on Morten’s 23rd birthday. Magne and Paul, who’d already been playing together, had headed England earlier in the year with plans of breaking into the music business and had asked Morten if he’d be interested in tagging along, but at the time he’d been happy as a member of a soul/blues band called Souldier Blue. Things didn’t pan out quite like Magne and Paul had planned, however, so they returned home to Norway, and having done so, they decided to reach out to Morten again. This time he accepted, and on September 14, 1982, Magne and Paul paid Morten a visit to formally welcome him as their lead singer.

2. The band was named after a song written by guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy, the title of which caught the eye of lead singer Morten Harket while flipping through Waaktaar’s songbook. “It was a terrible song,” Harket told Rolling Stone in 1986, “but a great name.”

3. You’d have to have been living under a rock during the mid-’80s to have missed out on seeing the video for “Take on Me,” but you may not have realized that the gentleman who directed the clip – Steve Barron – was also responsible for the videos for Adam and the Ants’ “Antmusic,” Dire Straits’ “Money for Nothing,” Eddy Grant’s “Electric Avenue,” Fleetwood Mac’s “Hold Me,” The Human League’s “Don’t You Want Me,” Joe Jackson’s “Steppin’ Out” and “Breaking Us in Two,’ Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean,” and Toto’s “Africa,” not to mention seven additional a-ha videos (“The Sun Always Shines on T.V.,” “Hunting High and Low,” “Cry Wolf,” “Manhattan Skyline,” “The Living Daylights,” “Crying in the Rain,” and “Butterfly, Butterfly”).

4. It seems odd to look back on it now, but when a-ha performed “Take on Me” on the syndicated music series Solid Gold, they were a four-piece, with the regular trio supplemented by a drummer. This drummer wasn’t actually part of the band, but, hey, when a band plays live, they’re supposed to have a drummer, right? Even if a-ha had wanted to increase their membership permanently, the musician in question already had a day job, and…well, call us crazy, but we’re pretty sure The Go-Go’s didn’t want Gina Schock to depart their ranks.

5. Pop culture pundits have often tried to plug a-ha into the “One Hit Wonders” column, but it’s simply not true: while “The Sun Always Shines on T.V.” wasn’t as substantial a hit in the States, the single still managed to make it to #20 on the Billboard Hot 100.

6. “Train of Thought” was a-ha’s third consecutive top-10 single in the UK - Noel Gallagher of Oasis is an avowed fan of the song - but its only US success came via a remix which saw a bit of action on the Hot Dance Club Play chart. It’s a bit surprising that MTV didn’t push the video a bit more, given that it featured animation not unlike that of the “Take On Me” video. (The similarity, by the way, was not coincidental: not only were the same people - Candice Reckinger and Michael Patterson - responsible for both, the animation in the “Train of Thought” video actually pre-dated the “Take On Me” animation.)

7. Although it never charted in the U.S., the title track to a-ha’s debut album, Hunting High and Low, was a top-10 hit in Norway (#10), the Netherlands (#9), France (#4), Ireland (#4), and the UK (#5), and it’s been played live by Coldplay - indeed, Chris Martin has said outright, “The first band I ever loved was a-ha” - and Robbie Williams, who once declared a-ha to be “fucking great.”

You can read the rest on the website!

Go to their Wikipedia page, I just did! #katyperryfirework

Jesus fucking Christ. Their work is swathed in utter mainstream blandness and misery!

I'm sure this is not true. It can't be. Maybe its someone we don't know. Anyone aware of other Norwegian producers?!

Oh shite, another pop bomb thrown at the fans that threatens with tearing us apart.

Guys...we don´t know yet if they are actually going to be the producers. And if they are, SO WHAT? Coldplay have collaborated with pop artists in many of their songs and whether you liked them or not, you got to admit said songs had a massive impact. And guess what? Stargate wouuldn´t be the first producers to work with Rihanna. Paul Epworth (GS producer) helped producing one of her albums. And does Loud sound like Ghost Stories? NO! But it is as good and it became as successful.

What I´m trying to say folks is that, whether Stargate or Naughty Boy or the mutherfacking Chris Martin is or are the producer or producers of the new album, it doesn´t really matter. This people know how to do good music, have they ever disappointed us? I don´t think so, so there shouldn´t be to much to worry about. They won´t do an AROBTTH 2 or a sequel of MX, they´ll just do a badass record that (let´s admit it) we´re ALL going to buy.

Also, if one of AHFOD´s songs becomes as important in a movie like Firework in The Interview, I wouldn´t be bothered at all ;)