✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Politik, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Talk, What If or really any other song out of X&Y :D Or "Things I don't understand" !

Whatever it will sound like, I hope they return to the strong melodies of the AROBTTH and X&Y (and VLVODAAHF) Era. I don't like songs that lightly "float" around without seemingly going anywhere (for example Always in my head, Miracles, Gone but not F. Cotton) - Chris used to be one of the greatest melodists in contemporal rock/pop music (imho) so I hope he gets a grip on himself and starts using this talent again.

Personally, i hope for a rockier sound like on AROBTTH or X&Y, but I guess that won't happen. Judging by the latest releases, I still fear the sound will be...........bland.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

From Politik, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Talk, What If or really any other song out of X&Y :D Or "Things I don't understand" !

Whatever it will sound like, I hope they return to the strong melodies of the AROBTTH and X&Y (and VLVODAAHF) Era. I don't like songs that lightly "float" around without seemingly going anywhere (for example Always in my head, Miracles, Gone but not F. Cotton) - Chris used to be one of the greatest melodists in contemporal rock/pop music (imho) so I hope he gets a grip on himself and starts using this talent again.

Personally, i hope for a rockier sound like on AROBTTH or X&Y, but I guess that won't happen. Judging by the latest releases, I still fear the sound will be...........bland.

Gs was bland because he was going through heartbreak and divorce. He was using more falsetto in gs. Mx was more upbeat, chris sounded better in that album. Lp7 will be more upbeat and have a rockier sound than gs.

It's harder to predict what Coldplay will bring these days. Except for the fact that it'll be pop :P

I predict.....creative love and passion expressed as music .....from the heart and souls of 5 very talented artists..... to spread more colour, light, sound & love to all of us [emoji304][emoji173]️[emoji94]We are Blessed [emoji120]

If lp7s sound were to be derived from one single coldplay song - which one would you like it to be?

I'd go for Chinese Sleep Chant, Politik or Square One.

Oh man, Chinese Sleep Chant or A Spell A Rebel Yell would be great. Add a mix of All Your Friends and Ghost Story and I'd be a happy man.

It's harder to predict what Coldplay will bring these days. Except for the fact that it'll be pop :P

I don't think it'll be pop because they're adding horns. If they do make it pop, I hope it'll be better than ghost stories and mylo.

Oh yes absolutly agree ! No mix , When midnight came out I was afraid but when i heard magic I was reassured.

So please Coldplay don't mix or electronic system, just use the riffs of Johnny, energy of Will's drums, sensibility of Chris's piano and simplicity of Guy's bass.

(Sorry for my bad english)

They need to create something like ghost story. That song is incredible [emoji173]️

I don't think it'll be pop because they're adding horns. If they do make it pop, I hope it'll be better than ghost stories and mylo.

Well of course we cannot classify the album as a whole inside the pop genre because Coldplay uses different styles and influences. It's just that they became more mainstream...

Horns --> maybe Chris has been listening to Uptown Funk a lot. :D It'd be interesting if Coldplay did something kind old timey / I don't know what you call the genre of the following but it reminds me of something from the 60s/70s:

[video=youtube;V8uGnmd4Nu0]

Oh man, if they go the direction of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, that would be so great :wideeyed:

Is there a single coming out June 1st or is this just a very exciting rumour :D

As for what type of song styles I'd like to see on the new album, A jagged Violet hill type song (Please Please Please!!! :santa2::santa2:) A dwell into the politically driven, harder sound would have me in the throws of euphoria. Politik, Talk, Don't Panic. Another high speed wouldn't be to shabby either.

If I am honest, and maybe some here will disagree, but I really hope for a return to an AROBTTH type album. The epitome of coldplay without the overproduced, pop like sound (Not saying it's bad, I still love MX/GS I just prefer the alt rock sound) . Really enjoyed Oceans on GS but the registering of Harry Potter/Game of Thrones inspired songs had me on edge there! :inquisitive:

Also wouldn't mind a bit of X&Y in there but I doubt Chris will go there unfortunately. Any EDM songs or collaborations with pop stars is a major fear for me and will be bitterly disappointed if I see Rihanna, Calvin Harris, Avicii etc.

Is there a single coming out June 1st or is this just a very exciting rumour :D

As for what type of song styles I'd like to see on the new album, A jagged Violet hill type song (Please Please Please!!! :santa2::santa2:) A dwell into the politically driven, harder sound would have me in the throws of euphoria. Politik, Talk, Don't Panic. Another high speed wouldn't be to shabby either.

If I am honest, and maybe some here will disagree, but I really hope for a return to an AROBTTH type album. The epitome of coldplay without the overproduced, pop like sound (Not saying it's bad, I still love MX/GS I just prefer the alt rock sound) . Really enjoyed Oceans on GS but the registering of Harry Potter/Game of Thrones inspired songs had me on edge there! :inquisitive:

Also wouldn't mind a bit of X&Y in there but I doubt Chris will go there unfortunately. Any EDM songs or collaborations with pop stars is a major fear for me and will be bitterly disappointed if I see Rihanna, Calvin Harris, Avicii etc.

JUNE 1ST????????????????????????????????????????????

I've had the same fears, Batman. Just like when the Ghost Stories title came out, I figured Chris was getting divorced. Hey, can anyone tell me where Oracle is hiding in this app? Miss them?

The Oracle? Just on Twitter atm, under @coldplayoracle. Ask the Oracle should come back on the official website when they update it next, hopefully :)

It was a local radio station.Brief discussion about Chris after A playing of A sky Full of Stars and then the guy goes "Isn't there a new single coming out next Monday?" He didn't seem sure himself lol Probably nothing. Didn't stop me leaping to conclusions when I saw it being discussed here although :dozey: