✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Things can often be mis-interpreted from fan visits to the bakery on quotes we haven't actually heard. Maybe Jonny said 'We'll be away for 2 months'. Now it could be quite easy to say Coldplay are on a break but maybe they're just away from the Bakery/London for 2 months? Same thing for LP7 being 'the final chapter'. The media are wishful have drawn a conclusion that it will be Coldplay's final album.

It seems like that's the case and Penny Harvey's tweet is a reliable suggestion that the band will still be working on the album over summer :) Might be sparsely, might be often but that's the most likely case.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
Things can often be mis-interpreted from fan visits to the bakery on quotes we haven't actually heard. Maybe Jonny said 'We'll be away for 2 months'. Now it could be quite easy to say Coldplay are on a break but maybe they're just away from the Bakery/London for 2 months? Same thing for LP7 being 'the final chapter'. The media are wishful have drawn a conclusion that it will be Coldplay's final album.

It seems like that's the case and Penny Harvey's tweet is a reliable suggestion that the band will still be working on the album over summer :) Might be sparsely, might be often but that's the most likely case.

What do you think will happen after LP7? I'm insanely eager to know more about that!!!

"I live to see the world"

I only know as much as the interviews told us, at the end of last year. It does seem likely they'll have a long break before LP8. Part of that is the 'current chapter ending' and the other part is the world tour, which is bound to be at least the same size of the MX tour. I'd imagine it's going to last for even longer than the previous one because they missed out Latin America last time.

Guest diogo_sg
I only know as much as the interviews told us, at the end of last year. It does seem likely they'll have a long break before LP8. Part of that is the 'current chapter ending' and the other part is the world tour, which is bound to be at least the same size of the MX tour. I'd imagine it's going to last for even longer than the previous one because they missed out Latin America last time.

And what could the "ending chapter" be? Will they change their style drastically? Eg: are they going to become an EDM band or something similar?

I say it's going to be a mix of all their previous albums. I loved MX and GS but this one will be bigger and better. The band is probably done with the album but we all know Chris and the band strive for perfection which is why I also think they will tweak this and that for quite some time before they release it.

Guest diogo_sg
Your guess is as good as mine [emoji14]

[emoji13]

I just wanted a second opinion on this, because I can't find much confort on mine.

Guest diogo_sg
I say it's going to be a mix of all their previous albums. I loved MX and GS but this one will be bigger and better. The band is probably done with the album but we all know Chris and the band strive for perfection which is why I also think they will tweak this and that for quite some time before they release it.

May God hear this!! I'm so thrilled for LP7!!!!!

Guest diogo_sg
I would really like to see Will take lead vocals for a song on A Head Full Of Dreams :cool:

Oh yeah!! His vocals in The Goldrush were fantastic!!

You'd think at some point in Coldplay's career, Will's vocals will feature on an album, or at least like a Kasabian style song, with Chris and Will. Or Linkin Park esque maybe, if Will wants to try rap :laugh3:

Guest diogo_sg

I just realized something: I think I've never heard Guy singing! How is his voice? Should he sing?

Guest diogo_sg
You'd think at some point in Coldplay's career, Will's vocals will feature on an album, or at least like a Kasabian style song, with Chris and Will. Or Linkin Park esque maybe, if Will wants to try rap :laugh3:

Humm, Coldplay singing rap? That would be... odd, to say the least. Though we have all seen The Nappies...!

Guest diogo_sg
:)

[video=youtube;5vNrriOH5dU]

Jeez! I completely forgot that Guy is the vocalist of Apparatjik! I like his voice, tbh! He should sing in CP too!

Guest diogo_sg
Would love to hear him singing the song too in the next album! That'd be a big surprise if he did :D

Yeah, me too!

Guest diogo_sg
They need to sing like they did in the goldrush.

That's precisely what I said!! Will has a beautiful voice!! He should sing more!

Jeez! I completely forgot that Guy is the vocalist of Apparatjik! I like his voice, tbh! He should sing in CP too!

Wait, isn't the singer of Apparatjik Jonas the singer of Mew? That sounds more like his voice than Guys..

Guest diogo_sg
Wait, isn't the singer of Apparatjik Jonas the singer of Mew? That sounds more like his voice than Guys..

Really?! I thought it was Guy!!! Idk Apparatjik very well [emoji37]

Guest diogo_sg
^ I believe Guy takes the lead vocals on "Sequential"

Granted, they did some tweaking with a vocoder or something, but you can still tell he has a very good singing voice. I'm all for each of the guys getting one track where they take lead vocals. There are no bad singers in Coldplay [emoji14]

[video=youtube;zgiSYs3MPAM]

True [emoji13]