✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

So lads and lasses as we eagerly await the Coldplay camp to break their silence, what would you like to hear from the first single? If it indeed reaches us this year.

Anthemic song? something similar to Every teardrop?

Piano Ballad?

Something else entirely?

For me, I'd love to hear Chris's acoustic guitar and soaring falsetto complimented well with some ambient guitar playing from Jonny. Something similar to Don't Panic, stripped back and simple without all the bells and whistles.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hoping to hear something like Speed Of Sound. Nothing slow, like the guys have just chugged down monster drinks and they're all set to go. Hard, fast angry piano..a la Politik and Jonny's angry guitar..Wil and Guy to follow. Something to wake us all out of sleep, capture some attention to the world.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

So lads and lasses as we eagerly await the Coldplay camp to break their silence, what would you like to hear from the first single? If it indeed reaches us this year.

Piano Ballad?

Something else entirely?

For me, I'd love to hear Chris's acoustic guitar and soaring falsetto complimented well with some ambient guitar playing from Jonny. Something similar to Don't Panic, stripped back and simple without all the bells and whistles.

The first release is going to anthemic for sure, most of the album will be on the louder side of things this time. Something like don't let it break your heart or glass of water would be great. [emoji7]

The first release is going to anthemic for sure, most of the album will be on the louder side of things this time. Something like don't let it break your heart or glass of water would be great. [emoji7]

Two songs I absolutely adore. Would not mind something like that at all. DLIBYH is one of Coldplay's most underrated songs.

Hoping to hear something like Speed Of Sound. Nothing slow, like the guys have just chugged down monster drinks and they're all set to go. Hard, fast angry piano..a la Politik and Jonny's angry guitar..Wil and Guy to follow. Something to wake us all out of sleep, capture some attention to the world.

Lol...A monster drink? Sounds delicious...I could use some hard and fast ...piano...[emoji15]

Piano Ballad?

Something else entirely?

Something similar to what postcards said . . . loud and heavy, with lyrics to back it up. A la Violet Hill, Politik, GPASUYF, Twisted Logic, etc.

Or something dark and melancholy, like ARoBttH (song) or Cemeteries of London

Probably won't happen, especially since this is supposed to be a "happy" album, but a girl can hope :disappointed:

ALL OF IT! :) But really, my criteria: NOTHING BORING! Boring has nothing to do with genre, loudness, or instrumentation. It has to do with songwriting, originality, creativity and lyrics!

For example: Love me like you do, la la love me like you do = BORING and The EDM "wall of sound" part of ASFOS=BORING :inquisitive:

Whereas Uptown Funk's fun instrumentation and style, along with a Coldplay track like, say, Politik, Violet Hill, HLH, White Shadows, are anything but boring. :smug:

Just my opinion obviously, but I feel like there are distinct differences. For my taste, Coldplay can do anything, any style or tempo or theme, so long as it isn't boring!

Well, if the piano is rockin..then you know what's next to rockin! :smug2: :sneaky: ooh, wrong thread. :D :angel:

Oh my. [emoji446] A glass of water beside the piano....thirsty thirsty thirsty [emoji98][emoji98][emoji98]

I just get the feeling Coldplay might have to go hard on this record. I've made it pretty clear that I'm a MUSE fan in areas of these forums, but I think if Coldplay maintain the pop antics that have been on MX and GS, it might prove damaging for the actual image of the band. I think it's fair to say Coldplay are no longer compared to the likes of radio head, travis, and oasis but now imagine dragons, maroon 5, and one Republic. I would love to see them do a drones, (recent release from muse) and try and shake off the poppy sound. I know bands need to change and evolve, but there have been a number of bands going a lot heavier and it's worked i.e muse and Mumford and sons. I think if Coldplay could find the depths that they once had lyrically and beefed up the sound a bit more, it could prove to be a very successful record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things can change during the album production process. Like X&Y for example. The lads scrapped half of X&Y near the first release date and pushed back the release so they could re-record.

Good point though I'm still expecting a late 2015 release at this point. A summer 2016 release would be the latest I think. Festival time

I just get the feeling Coldplay might have to go hard on this record. I've made it pretty clear that I'm a MUSE fan in areas of these forums, but I think if Coldplay maintain the pop antics that have been on MX and GS, it might prove damaging for the actual image of the band. I think it's fair to say Coldplay are no longer compared to the likes of radio head, travis, and oasis but now imagine dragons, maroon 5, and one Republic. I would love to see them do a drones, (recent release from muse) and try and shake off the poppy sound. I know bands need to change and evolve, but there have been a number of bands going a lot heavier and it's worked i.e muse and Mumford and sons. I think if Coldplay could find the depths that they once had lyrically and beefed up the sound a bit more, it could prove to be a very successful record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have made the one republic, maroon 5 point before and I agree with you more or less but.... I don't necessarily agree with your "beefing up" point. I think we would like to hear a "darker" sound so to speak, but a sound which is still Coldplay. An example being Violet Hill or Politik. Those songs aren't hard or beefed up by any stretch of the imagination, they just pack an emotional punch and have energy surging through them, bellicose.

There's no reason why this album can't satisfy all criteria. Especially since it's the bands final LP. Say, for example the new album has 10 tracks. It could take the following structure:

1. Dark piano opener (Politik)

2. Another Piano ballad, something like 42

3. Acoustic guitar song

4. An in my place, Strawberry swing type song where we get to hear Jonny's unleashed guitar in all its glory

5. Anthemic Song (ETIAW)

6. A speed of sound, X&Y like song

7. Another song featuring Chris's acoustic

8. Experimental Song

9. The dreaded EDM song here? :embarrassed:

10. Eno/ John Hopkins ambient closer. (The escapist)

^ I'm feeling a November release as well. That gives the band another month or so to release a single, which seems to be about the right timeframe.

Unless they've scrapped part of it like they did back with X&Y :shrug: (and the supposed acoustic album that was supposed to be MX *cries forever*)

This album has to be a great one since they aren't saying anything about it. They want to surprise us all. [emoji51]

They need to release a single this month or next month for an album release in october. I'm thinking a November release?

Yeah, I think August-September is the crucial period (for the first single) if we are expecting a release by November unless they drop the album out of the blue (which is unlikely to happen). They usually release a single or two before the album's release.