✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I meant what the context was (sorry!). How does it relate to AHFOD?

Hmmm either they are in tour production rehearsal and are wanting to get a cleaner sound for Jonny (meaning that the album is finished and is in mixing) or they want a cleaner sound for Jonny to record on the album.

Hmmm either they are in tour production rehearsal and are wanting to get a cleaner sound for Jonny (meaning that the album is finished and is in mixing) or they want a cleaner sound for Jonny to record on the album.

I'm certain the album is in the mixing stages now.

A girl went to the Bakery/Beehive today. She got to meet Jonny, who apparently was carrying an Ukulele. Thus, such instrument might feature in AHFOD. Also, she was told that the whole band would be back to the studio in 2 months. I guess they are taking a break. Regrettably this makes very unlikely that AHFOD will be released this year, in my opinion.

A girl went to the Bakery/Beehive today. She got to meet Jonny, who apparently was carrying an Ukulele. Thus, such instrument might feature in AHFOD. Also, she was told that the whole band would be back to the studio in 2 months. I guess they are taking a break. Regrettably this makes very unlikely that AHFOD will be released this year, in my opinion.

I saw that on twitter. I had a feeling they were on a break. I guess no new album this year. [emoji22][emoji17]

Interesting. I wonder what Jonny was doing there on his own if the rest of the band are on break? Maybe plenty of riffs/guitar work to do :D Plenty of 'unconventional' instruments lying around the bakery as seen here [video=youtube;IlwGShMNaoY]

So wouldn't be surprised if there was a Ukulele, dosen't necessarily mean one would feature on AHFOD.

(I'm trying to be optimistic, but) what if they're coming back to do some final mixing? I seem to remember MX and GS releasing their first single without the album finalized just yey.

(I'm trying to be optimistic, but) what if they're coming back to do some final mixing? I seem to remember MX and GS releasing their first single without the album finalized just yey.

Correct, at least about MX. IIRC, Up in Flames was created very late in the game.

Guest diogo_sg
We'll get a single by the end of the year. I guarantee it.

I hope so [emoji1]

"I live to see the world"

I still think they may road test a new song off AHFOD at the Central Park festival in Sept since Chris Martin has a special interest in the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wouldn't surprise me at all either, but I would prefer it if they released that song as a single just before playing it live and that they also don't okay a ton of new songs

What is the expected direction of AHFOD? I'm guessing it will be the opposite to Ghost Stories, Chris said it will be something you can shuffle your feet to, in another interview Jonny said it will be "the night before the day". I think it will be an uplifting album; I hope they don't go too much into mainstream pop, unfortunately this seems the case. It's unlikely to be acoustic, although they did take a minimal approach during the early stages of LP5; I really don't know what to expect!

What is the expected direction of AHFOD? I'm guessing it will be the opposite to Ghost Stories, Chris said it will be something you can shuffle your feet to, in another interview Jonny said it will be "the night before the day". I think it will be an uplifting album; I hope they don't go too much into mainstream pop, unfortunately this seems the case. It's unlikely to be acoustic, although they did take a minimal approach during the early stages of LP5; I really don't know what to expect!

I hope the album won't be too radio friendly. I do think this album will be better than the last two though, with davide's horns and strings, also jonny was seen with a ukulele recently. he could be using it on the new album. i'm real excited for this one. [emoji2][emoji106] It'll most likely have some acoustic songs, maybe 2 or 3 like mylo had, they always have acoustic songs on every album.

Join date 2012, but 6 posts? Interesting, lol.

When asking others about stuff like this, be wary of what people HOPE the next album will be like and what it's most likely to be. I hate to single ppl out, but right off the bat, the next poster starts with "I HOPE the album won't be...".

You seem to have a firm grasp of what has actually been said versus the wishlists of posters in this thread. "Night before the day" "something to shuffle your feet to". You (and many others) say you hope it doesnt go too poppy. But i'd agree with you in that it seems likely to be the case especially based off the two quotes you dug up.

Lets hope so! I want the return of their raw sound and powerful lyrics, I feel like this has been lacking since Viva. Fingers crossed it won't be too overproduced, MX and Ghost Stories were a bit too electronic. I came across this recently, worth a listen.

[video=youtube;7zTVGdjXTOY]

Yeah, I'm new to the forum. I've pretty much set out the only clear facts about AHFOD (excluding Chris's smiley cap!). Sorry if I encouraged a wishlist from people! I'm still getting used to things, there is just so little to speculate on.