✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

^ 14 actual songs, not 14 songs, three of which are instrumental transitions and one of which is only like 2 minutes long like we had with MX :P

I've also never really understood their ~42 minute rule. I understand not wanting to have a super long album, but 42 minutes seems a little short? With Viva it was perfect, but with MX and GS it was somewhat underwhelming. Plus, it leaves little room for 5min+ songs, which I really like.

I'm hoping AHFoD either

1) Sticks to the ~9 track rule, but with some of the songs nice long ones like The Scientist or ARoBttH

2) Sticks to the ~42 minute rule, but shoves in some hidden tracks that bumps the length up like they did with Viva

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this source is reliable, then the album IS going to be pop!!!! [emoji32] [emoji32]

"I live to see the world"

Not surprising... Their previous releases are pop. and if it's true that 8 tracks are finished, I have to say they are very close and a single might really dawn on us next month or so..

If this source is reliable, then the album IS going to be pop!!!! [emoji32] [emoji32]

it isn't. I'm not from the UK, but from what I hear on this forum, the sun and the mirror are not to be trusted. But I guess if someone says something we wanna believe we forget all that.

Switching gears a bit, I recall that Stargate had a hand in producing Miracles. Now with all the controversy with a what-is-likely-to-be poppy album, would anyone else mind if LP7 was more like Miracles? 'Cause I wouldn't mind that at all!

I only hope they won't do Speed Of Sound 2.0, perfection mustn't be reworked

Along with what theprospekt said on post #3933, when Chris was on Howard Stern they talked about it as well.

it isn't. I'm not from the UK, but from what I hear on this forum, the sun and the mirror are not to be trusted. But I guess if someone says something we wanna believe we forget all that.

Switching gears a bit, I recall that Stargate had a hand in producing Miracles. Now with all the controversy with a what-is-likely-to-be poppy album, would anyone else mind if LP7 was more like Miracles? 'Cause I wouldn't mind that at all!

Miracles was fine, a bit bland however. I think it had the potential to be a great Coldplay tune but falls short, mainly in the production department. It's clear that Stargate have little to no experience in this genre and as a result we got something that was overly polished and over produced. When you're listening and the production is what you notice and not the music, that's when production has gone too far. I hope AHFOD won't follow a similar trend

With all the rumors at present its hard to even keep track of them all.

Miracles 2.0 ?!

Please god,no ! One of their worst songs lately imho. Even if im alone with this opinion.

I don't think youre the only one to share that opinion, even if I disagree with it.

Guest diogo_sg
Miracles 2.0 ?!

Please god,no ! One of their worst songs lately imho. Even if im alone with this opinion.

I'm sorry to say, but you probably are alone with this. Most people felt like Miracles was Coldplay's return to the start!!

Guest diogo_sg
Miracles isn't too bad of a song but of course they can do a lot better. Anything but a sky full of stars 2.0 [emoji53]

Even though I like ASFOS, I want something new and more connected to rock, instead of pop and EDM

Guest diogo_sg
Miracles was fine, a bit bland however. I think it had the potential to be a great Coldplay tune but falls short, mainly in the production department. It's clear that Stargate have little to no experience in this genre and as a result we got something that was overly polished and over produced. When you're listening and the production is what you notice and not the music, that's when production has gone too far. I hope AHFOD won't follow a similar trend

With all the rumors at present its hard to even keep track of them all.

Really?! IMO Miracles is epic!!! The sound, at least!

I'm sorry to say, but you probably are alone with this. Most people felt like Miracles was Coldplay's return to the start!!

Really? I found more ppl dislike it. Perhaps they were a vocal minority.

Hmm, maybe I'll make a thread/poll for this

Guest diogo_sg
Ummm,return to the start ?! So compared to Yellow or Everythings not lost or The Scientist ?...no,sorry. There are lightyears between them.

I meant that they returned to rock [emoji6]

Guest diogo_sg
Really? I found more ppl dislike it. Perhaps they were a vocal minority.

Hmm, maybe I'll make a thread/poll for this

I think there's already a thread dedicated to Miracles

Guest diogo_sg
Again "ummmm". Where is Miracles some sort of rock ?! Violet Hill is rock, or Chinese Sleep Chant but not Miracles.

Well, it isn't pop. And it's the closest thing we've had to rock in quite some time

I think it is safe to say that whatever we get is going to be surprising and new. There are things we should always expect from Coldplay: rousing piano, huge choruses, fun guitar solos from Jonny, and lots of catchy tunes, poppy or not. That said, it isn't going to sound like all the songs we want it to. Sure, there might be an Oceans type track that is VERY reminiscent of older Coldplay styles, but the album as a whole will delve into new territory. I almost guarantee it.

I still am thinking we are going to be getting some synthpop/rock. 80's throwback if you will, stuff you can dance to that isn't necessarily dance music. It is something they haven't done yet, and feels like a natural progression with the last two albums. Here is a new track from Chvrches that I love. They are widely respected by both pop and indie spheres even though their music is sheer, clean pop. Coldplay could do something like this really successfully with more of a rock edge, plus this sound is in style right now:

[video=youtube;nZRxFsMD4UM]

I also think Miracles signals a return to some more instrumentation, but doesn't necessarily dictate the new style. Atlas, Christmas Lights, and Miracles to me are all standalone tracks that are clearly Coldplay, but unique. Much more work and focus will be put into the album tracks, and hopefully with less overproduction and haste than Miracles, which I feel suffered from Stargate despite its solid melody and instrumentation.

Guest diogo_sg
Last really song to be called rock was Violet Hill. From then, most of it was solid pop. With a few exceptions, like Midnight, which i love.

But you do realize that Midnight isn't rock, right?