✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

ok.. so The Sun is not the most reliable source and this can be made up by anyone following the (somewhat lacking) build up. so take it for what it is.

Coldplay 'to launch secret surprise'

Coldplay is reportedly eager to debut their new album "as soon as possible".

The rock band released their offering Ghost Stories in 2014 to much success, as the record sold over 3.7 million copies worldwide.

Even though speculation is rife the group are splitting up, it's claimed a breakup is not on the cards, in fact the musicians are said to be preparing for the launch of their new LP A Head Full of Dreams.

"The album is almost finished and the band are keen to get it out as soon as possible," a source told British newspaper The Sun.

Coldplay is comprised of Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion.

It's claimed even though their last album Ghost Stories performed well in sales, most of the foursome are dissatisfied with the sounds they released.

"The last record was so depressing because it was about Chris's split from [ex-wife] Gwyneth Paltrow. But the new material is more upbeat with a pop feel," the source described.

"They have already finished eight tracks, which are all completely different."

Lead singer Chris has previously spoken about how Coldplay is creatively approaching A Head Full of Dreams.

The star claims although the band plan on being together for a very long time, they have been treating the new album as if it's their last ever.

"It's our seventh thing and the way we look at it is like the last Harry Potter book or something," Chris told BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe. "Not to say there might not be another thing one day but this is the completion of something.

"It was great to go from Ghost Stories to go right back into the studio and now we're making things that sound different. I have to think of it as the final thing we're doing otherwise we wouldn't put everything into it. Then we will go on tour."

x

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Coldplay are having an emergency recording session in Los Angeles in order to get the first single finished. It will be released in mid-late August. It will have its live debut at the Global Citizen Festival in New York City. They will announce a European arena tour in October which will happen in late November/early December. The album will be released in November. They will tour the world and do Glastonbury next year. I work with someone who is close to the band."

Let's hope that's true. An arena tour of the UK and Ireland would be very much appreciated :heart:

>touring europe *before* the US

what

???

I don't see how you're getting that. Just because they've only finished eight songs doesn't mean they're aiming for a small track list.

That's a rule they have, no longer than 42 minutes and at least 9 tracks on an album. Sure they haven't followed up on it in recent times except for GS. 9 or 10 songs is ideal, plenty for the new album.

That's a rule they have, no longer than 42 minutes and at least 9 tracks on an album. Sure they haven't followed up on it in recent times except for GS. 9 or 10 songs is ideal, plenty for the new album.

Yeah I know. But like you said, a minimum of nine, not a maximum. All our rampant speculation is eating us up. :(

Guest diogo_sg

If this source is reliable, then the album IS going to be pop!!!! [emoji32] [emoji32]

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
Anything else than a pop album would be a surprise at this stage to me.

I´m not expecting much from this record, so i can only be surprised.

I´d hope for a Viva 2.0, which wont happen.

Perhaps it'll be a Miracles Part 2 [emoji1]

"I live to see the world"

ok.. changing gears a little. these are rumors afterall. and seems like a coldplay representative actually commented on them this time.

However a representative for the Grammy Award winning band - who are also planning a world tour next year to follow the record's release - has insisted they have not yet locked down plans for the album's release.

They said: ''There is no release date set as they are still working on the record.''

x

so my suggestion is, better not to take it as gospel.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I would assume they are just mixing right now .. So all the songs are finished, they have only fully completed 8 ;). I also wanna add that I don't think this album with be 2.0 of anything.. It will be in a league of its own.

Looks like the frequence of rumours is getting higher. :)

I believe that I've read an old question someone asked the Oracle on how long it takes between finishing an album and the actual release and that the answer was 2 - 3 months.

But if they are going to release just 1 single... and the artwork is already under way...

And remember these :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32066[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32068[/ATTACH]

Looks to me that things are getting in a "final stage". :)

I would assume they are just mixing right now .. So all the songs are finished, they have only fully completed 8 ;). I also wanna add that I don't think this album with be 2.0 of anything.. It will be in a league of its own.

Yeah that makes sense. Only 8 have been truly mixed and all.. Cause Chris is a writing powerhouse, it's easy to understand a band taking long when they have limited time to work on the stuff, but Coldplay basically/kinda do music every day.. I've also always wanted to hear a Coldplay songs' history, especially ones they say had many versions, like Viva, or Charlie Brown..

Also hoping it's way more than 9 songs, with all the material they have, they could go Arcade Fire (who they admire so much) on it and release 14 :P