Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This got me thinking some more:

Was Speed of Sound a sign of X+Y?

Was Violet Hill a sign of Viva la vida?

Was Midnight a sign of GS?

I think generally it was, 'cept for maybe Midnight

how good it would have been if Midnight had been indicative of GS! (but unfortunately it hadn't)

I think the single will be very indicative, and that it will drop in mid-late August so hype and radio/media presence can be built around it before it is brought to the national live stage. Midnight was purposefully different as a way signal a "mysterious" return and a possible Kid A scenario, which the media outlets ate up. They were just trying something different and while aslo remaining relevant in a year full of dreary electronic music. AND IT WAS AWESOME! So yeah, unfortunately an amazing lead single can be disappointing in a fuller album. Magic and Midnight are easily my two favourites on GS, and happen to be the first released. Same with ETIAW and the HLH live performences: definitely my two favourite MX tracks played over summer 2011, which made the rest of the album feel underwhelming.

I would predict with 70% confidence that the lead single will be a huge radio hit, like ETIAW but poppier. Something that is hopefully huge enough, yet left field enough, to make "Coldplay's Triumphant New Single" headlines which will drive it into Top 40 Territory like Paradise. They wouldn't release something bizarre or anti-AHFOD before headlining some big festivals..

Personally I would like a whole album done with Avicii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just listen to Avicii then.. Coldplays contribution to ASFOS isn't enough to make the song stand out from other Avicii songs anyways..

I think the single will be very indicative, and that it will drop in mid-late August so hype and radio/media presence can be built around it before it is brought to the national live stage. Midnight was purposefully different as a way signal a "mysterious" return and a possible Kid A scenario, which the media outlets ate up. They were just trying something different and while aslo remaining relevant in a year full of dreary electronic music. AND IT WAS AWESOME! So yeah, unfortunately an amazing lead single can be disappointing in a fuller album. Magic and Midnight are easily my two favourites on GS, and happen to be the first released. Same with ETIAW and the HLH live performences: definitely my two favourite MX tracks played over summer 2011, which made the rest of the album feel underwhelming.

I would predict with 70% confidence that the lead single will be a huge radio hit, like ETIAW but poppier. Something that is hopefully huge enough, yet left field enough, to make "Coldplay's Triumphant New Single" headlines which will drive it into Top 40 Territory like Paradise. They wouldn't release something bizarre or anti-AHFOD before headlining some big festivals..

Poppier than ETIAW? I don't think that is possible. By definition it's improbable. And if GS turned to be Kid A awesome I wouldn't care about AHFOD at the moment. But GS was kinda forgettable.

Guest diogo_sg
Poppier than ETIAW? I don't think that is possible. By definition it's improbable. And if GS turned to be Kid A awesome I wouldn't care about AHFOD at the moment. But GS was kinda forgettable.

I think a few songs from GS (maybe Midnight, True Love and even ASFOS) will be, in the future, seen as great Coldplay songs, bc with them, the band explored territories they had never entered, and that's something to praise.

"I live to see the world"

I found something kinda peculiar. This article claims that LP7 will be release without warning. Anyone make anything of it? http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/coldplay-to-release-new-album-in-2015/article7480979.ece

Interesting. They are similar to The Telegraph (India's version pretty much), who are reliable. Looking at their sports section and only actual news being there suggests they don't like to post about rumours.

They have pretty much copied what The Sun said yesterday and added that 'Beyonce type release' statement. When the The Sun say they have sources, they aren't often wrong and The Hindu seem to be backing them up on that.

Guest diogo_sg

This is the first time I'm accompaning a Coldplay album release since the very beginning and I've never been this nervous and eager about almost anything else!!!! I think they like to see their fans building tension!!!

Guest diogo_sg
I know this **** is going to be amazing. Get ready to be blown away everyone !

I hope it will!!! Though I'm a big fan of their latest work, I want to hear new rock tracks by them, like the ones from AROBTTH and X&Y

It is quite logical if they drop the single before the upcoming shows (I'm not using the rumor as reference though).. Still believe that their teaser/first single embodies the whole album IN general. Yeah, Midnight was totally different but one can't deny that GS did turn out to be an electronic, atmosphere-filled album. The first singles from the trilogy were pretty straightforward. Violet Hill sort of introduced the revolution theme of VLVODAAHF and ETIAW presented the upbeat, colorful MX. Also, the artwork for singles usually gives a clue or idea on what the album art will be. Unless they decided to that "Beyonce" thing of course...

We often talk about making an album successful and how it fairs commercially, well surprise releases tend to get high critical acclaim as well as huge sales: Beyoncé, Drake, U2(which was free!!!).

I presupposed this could happen last year. It is something only big artists can pull off and Coldplay is as big as they come... Did Beyoncé drop a single before her surprise release or was it random?