✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stil usually if it is fake others don't post the same thing. But I'm just speculating

They would if they knew it would bring traffic to their website. The Sun is very sensationalist and I'd take everything you read there with a MASSIVE grain of salt. 90% of it is just clickbait rubbish.

August will be full of trepidation and excitement as we eagerly await the purported first single. I for one can't wait.

me neither! this is part of the fun. loved how they just dropped midnight one night and just flabbergasted us. that was fun!

Poppy =/= bad.

me neither! this is part of the fun. loved how they just dropped midnight one night and just flabbergasted us. that was fun!

Seriously! I loved those gifs the week leading up to it, before the final, "Coming at midnight." tweet. And now that I'm posting this, I just realized it's now been two albums in a row we've gotten gifs to tease the start of a new era. I wonder if they'll do it again for AHFOD?

I loved the lead up to Midnight too. The gifs, and vague tweets. And I was completely floored when I heard the song.

I want that again. :D And I don't care if the song is completely different from the rest, like Midnight. :)

[smoke is rising from the houses]

we'll definitely get info + 1st single within the next month!

coldplay to perform at iheart radio music festival 2015! on sept. 18th and 19th!

x

<iframe allowfullscreen width="640" height="371" scrolling="no" src="https://media.iheart.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=26236375&siteid=8169&share=http://news.iheart.com/media/play/iheartradio-music-festival-2015-lineup-26236375/" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

so this turned out to be somewhat accurate!

(Same anonymous source as last night). You will hear something official about the new music before the end of this month. I am 99% sure on this, I've worked in the industry for over a decade and my source is *very* close to the band.

and as the band would be playing by mid september, it's a pretty given that we'll get the first single within the next month. they probably will reveal the album release date along as well.

and as the band would be playing by mid september, it's a pretty given that we'll get the first single within the next month. they probably will reveal the album release date along as well.

I almost wish you didn't remind everyone of that. Now everyone will treat every rumour as fact, lol....

I hope that wasn't the big end of the month reveal. Because we still know nothing about the music.

the word 'spoiled' comes to mind

You didn't get anything for a long time, and when you get some hard facts, you get disappointed. What you get with this FACT is a solid date to look forward to, and a high chance that in between now and those dates you will hear material from the band

Now let's just hope the new material is a harbinger of whats to come for the rest of AHFOD.

This got me thinking some more:

Was Speed of Sound a sign of X+Y?

Was Violet Hill a sign of Viva la vida?

Was Midnight a sign of GS?

I think generally it was, 'cept for maybe Midnight

Hmmm good point... Think the answer is no, especially with GS. Thought I'd absolutely love GS album after hearing Midnight, and then the rest of the album was kinda disappointing and nothing like Midnight.

Speed of Sound was pretty indicative. Violet Hill kinda-sorta, but that's just because Viva was so diverse in its sound I think it would have been hard for any one song to stand for the album. As far as being indicative of quality, definitely. Midnight, ah, no definitely not. And ETiaW was the first single off MX, right? That one was pretty spot-on as well.

Adding in Shiver for Parachutes (Theme was accurate, sound not as much) and IMP for ARoBttH (actually one of the weaker songs off that album probably. Overall sound was accurate though) . . . looks like it's a toss-up between the lead single sounding like the album and the lead single not sounding like the rest of the album :P

Now the next question is . . . Do we think they'll actually play a new single at the festival? I'd say the timing is about right for them to drop it live and have the studio version available within a week or two.

Now the next question is . . . Do we think they'll actually play a new single at the festival? I'd say the timing is about right for them to drop it live and have the studio version available within a week or two.

errr.., i would eat my hat if we didn't get any music by or at the radio festival. :devilish: