✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyway, the anonymous source strikes again!

I told you that you could trust me. This is just the beginning. More live dates will be confirmed soon. Expect a single within the next 2-3 weeks

x

we have to give some credence with the out of the blue iheart radio gig announcement. now we'll see within the next weeks.

anyway, the anonymous source strikes again!

x

we have to give some credence with the out of the blue iheart radio gig announcement. now we'll see within the next weeks.

Ever the skeptic, I don't think it was as impossible to predict as it would appear.

Without doing research (I'm AFK ATM), wouldn't the iheart radio festival announcements occur around this time every year anyways? That, coupled with the high likelihood of Coldplay returning around that time would tell me to leave the door open a crack to pure luck of an anon. I know I'm coming off as a bit of a tin-foil-hat-wearing-coldplayer; just wanna make sure we keep our wits about.

But with all that being said, the anon definitely has the attention of a lot of coldplayers. We're either dealing with a high level troll or the real deal. I would want to believe as much as the next person, but I just don't have the faith to believe in a random person on the net.

but don't get me wrong, I'll still be perhaps a little more F5 happy on coldplaying these next couple of weeks ;)

Ever the skeptic, I don't think it was as impossible to predict as it would appear.

Without doing research (I'm AFK ATM), wouldn't the iheart radio festival announcements occur around this time every year anyways? That, coupled with the high likelihood of Coldplay returning around that time would tell me to leave the door open a crack to pure luck of an anon. I know I'm coming off as a bit of a tin-foil-hat-wearing-coldplayer; just wanna make sure we keep our wits about.

But with all that being said, the anon definitely has the attention of a lot of coldplayers. We're either dealing with a high level troll or the real deal. I would want to believe as much as the next person, but I just don't have the faith to believe in a random person on the net.

but don't get me wrong, I'll still be perhaps a little more F5 happy on coldplaying these next couple of weeks ;)

oh, i'm skeptical as well, just a lot less than i was before. still, we'll see. whether this person is the real deal or not, doesn't matter that much. it looks more likely than not, that we are just about to get the first single.

I'm starting to think this anon may actually be the real deal, If he/she was nothing but a troll who got extremely lucky why would they say there will be a single within the next two-three weeks? If this is false they'll be immediately outed as a fraud. I'm getting more excited by the day and hopefully this anon is legitimate.

And while they're at it Chris is gonna strip live on stage, declare his love to Jonny and rainbow coloured hummingbird shaped confetti will rain down from the ceiling~

once again you make me blink at what I read not once, twice but three times and laugh out loud till ppl at work look at me strange, ahhhh thank you Thalia

I wonder if we can ask the anon stuff.

the anon has once answered a question. try submitting to ohchrismartin tumblr. you might get an answer if ohchrismartin posts your question.

"There will be an announcement this week" was pretty vague and i'm sure most were thinking of an album, single or even a tour announcement.

The first two messages were believable anyway and the timescale made some sense but if it is the same person in this latest message, I believe it's not legit and with the reaffirming comment "You were right! I’m so curious who you are now. I can’t wait to hear the new music :)", i'm sure he's gonna come back for more, as a 'secret messiah'!

Let me put it this way: Someone working close to band, no doubt a professional, wants to maybe tip off fans about whats on the way but then the 'I told you so' message suggests they're in it for some sort of fame. If it was true and they're professional, i'm sure they wouldn't feel the need to post an 'insecure' comment, that's my opinion anyway.

"There will be an announcement this week" was pretty vague and i'm sure most were thinking of an album, single or even a tour announcement.

The first two messages were believable anyway and the timescale made some sense but if it is the same person in this latest message, I believe it's not legit and with the reaffirming comment "You were right! I’m so curious who you are now. I can’t wait to hear the new music :)", i'm sure he's gonna come back for more, as a 'secret messiah'!

Let me put it this way: Someone working close to band, no doubt a professional, wants to maybe tip off fans about whats on the way but then the 'I told you so' message suggests they're in it for some sort of fame. If it was true and they're professional, i'm sure they wouldn't feel the need to post an 'insecure' comment, that's my opinion anyway.

True that!! That 2nd anonymous post could be anyone behind the keyboard...

giphy.gif

good points. it's just something to keep an eye out more than taking as gospel, as is the case with any anon.

anyway, if anyone missed this, this source has probably been wrong once so far. the chances are that the live premier of the new song will be at iheartradio festival and not the global citizen festival.

Coldplay are having an emergency recording session in Los Angeles in order to get the first single finished. It will be released in mid-late August. It will have its live debut at the Global Citizen Festival in New York City. They will announce a European arena tour in October which will happen in late November/early December. The album will be released in November. They will tour the world and do Glastonbury next year. I work with someone who is close to the band

Best off to treat the iHeart Radio show as a warm up for the Global Citizen festival. The Global Citizen festival is bound to be longer and the iHeart Radio festival will be their first live show/performance in quite a few months. We're likely going to get a single before then so it will be played live @ the iHeart Radio festival.

Disclaimer: If I'm right, I'm right if I'm wrong, well no harm done!!

The Single:

The single is likely (my guess) to be played on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 show. Zane has a history with the band plus he premiered A Sky Full Of Stars on his BBC show when it was released. On his Beats 1 show he has a "World Record" segment so I'd keep an eye on his twitter feed as he is likely to announce that "Exclusive" there. Also Coldplay are on Apple Music's Connect feature/thing so keep an eye on that...

Look, none of this is fact so don't treat it as gospel but I have a feeling that if this single is going to come out Apple is going to have something to do with it.

I've asked this before.. But before any release, wouldn't the song need to be registered on ASCAP first? Also how long does the process take, wondering if they can say register it the same day they release it?

Hey Gai, Stop ruining it for me! :laugh3: I really want that European arena tour to become reality :lol:

hahaa! sorry if i ruined that for you. still this could be a guy that brings the band their lunch :lol: and that's the connection. remember how the star mentioned about the GOT sketch even mentioning the cancelled musical posters? surely someone tipped them off on that.

Look, none of this is fact so don't treat it as gospel but I have a feeling that if this single is going to come out Apple is going to have something to do with it.

wouldn't that be in competition with tidal? is chris the only one with a stake there or are whole band involved? chris usually doesn't do things on his own, i'd think the whole band is behind this even though they don't show up. don't know.

anyway, the way tidal has flopped, don't think the band will premier anything there anyway. chances are they may include some exclusives along the way, but that's it.

I've asked this before.. But before any release, wouldn't the song need to be registered on ASCAP first? Also how long does the process take, wondering if they can say register it the same day they release it?

think there is another database that requires credentials to use where usually these songs come up first. or am i remembering that wrong? i could be totally wrong on this by the way. i remember there was one user (a songwriter i think) on here who would check that up and post when something new comes along. i think he was the one who suggested the name of mylo by checking that db way before it was released.

think there is another database that requires credentials to use where usually these songs come up first. or am i remembering that wrong? i could be totally wrong on this by the way. i remember there was one user (a songwriter i think) on here who would check that up and post when something new comes along. i think he was the one who suggested the name of mylo by checking that db way before it was released.

Yeah, I remember that! That's precisely why I was asking..

or GS, the songs showed up in ASCAP after they were officially revealed, either as singles or the tracklist i think. so if anyone can check the other db, there is a chance that at least the first single is registered there, if the single release is as close as e think. but i can't remember the name/cite.

What's this then???

JWzrZuo.png

Are they new? Never heard of these before and they are all marked Performer: Coldplay

I know there were four links in the original post but I accidentally posted another link but these 3 are new to me anyway!!!

:wink3::wink3::wink3::wink3::wink3::wink3:

Guest diogo_sg

There are SO MANY song titles on ASCAP that I've never heard of!! And some of them are really cool!!

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
There are SO MANY song titles on ASCAP with Coldplay as performer that I've never heard of!! And some of them are really cool!!