✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take objection to this. People are not complaining, people are discussing possible outcomes. Believe it or not people may tend to have different opinions to you on a discussion board! That's exactly what it is for. I can't think of anything worse than a forum where my opinions are just parroted back to me, varying degrees of opinion help create a more realistic expectation.

1) Oldplayer doesn't necessarily denote the amount of time one has loved Coldplay, rather an honest preference for their older work. You say you have been here since MX? So what? There are people who have been here since X&Y. What is this a pissing contest? You say you're not 15 but the arrogance of your post would make me think otherwise. This point basically boils down to "I have a longer join date so my opinion is more valid than yours" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2) I fail to see how this is impossible considering Coldplay are an alternative band. Emphasis on the word more here. No one expects AROBTTH 2, we just don't want a pure pop record ft. Miley Cyrus . Asking for a few rock songs on an album from a rock band is impossible?

3) So there is a cut off point in liking Coldplay is there? Presumably there must be a cut off point for liking music as well. Care to draw the line in the sand for us? Ageist, but most importantly an absolutely ridiculous notion

4) Care to give me an example of this? I think you mean to say discussing potential things that are to exist. This is exactly what this tread is for.

5) Easy way to discredit anyone who doesn't share your opinion :rolleyes:

you misunderstood everything i wrote oh god

1) by oldplayers i meant not people that are here since 2002, but people that try to categorize themselves as another brand of coldplay fans that exclusively like their older stuff. I said that ive been here since MX to say that i have more experience on this kind of thread that other, newer people here, that is just a fact and no its not a pissing context because there are people that created this thing back in 2001 and im just a tiny little grain of salt compared to them. But if you stop for a sec and think you may notice that i was just giving an advise because, compared to some people here, ive had more experience and i didn't want them to fall into bad experiences such as bashing coldplay's work without thinking that it hurts other people. By im not 15 anymore means that i don't care about this forum as i did back then, and this means that my tolerance level has lowered and im more mature and i have a much stronger critical point of view than before, making me cringe at some stuff written before, that before, when i was 15, i used to find funny, and now i dont anymore. Sorry if i've matured

2) Coldplay aren't an alternative band anymore, they stopped being one in 2003. They are a pop band, see the facts as they are. They perform like a rock band (guys playing and writing stuff) but their core is pop, its always been pop. They make popular music since 2000. Some people here ask about them to go back in time, but that is impossible and who said its impossibile to have a couple of more alternative songs? We have Major Minus, All your Friends and Ghost Story.

3) By that point i meant that after 5,6,7,8 years of being in a forum, you get tired of hearing the same stuff happening all over again and they tend to become more critical, like myself. Believe me or not you will get tired of threads like these one day

4) just read the posts that they wrote, an example is "the jacket is so close to MX, oh god this is so going to be poppy, im feeling so negative about this, its going to be pop, oh no im so disappointed in coldplay". This is not discussing, this is just overreacting about mere photos of the band shooting a video. This is an opinion: "by the look of the colours the theme seems similar to MX, something, if this happens to be true, that would make me pretty disappointed in the future". The words you use and how you use them matter.

5) you know what a troll is? peopel that post fake stuff, as in, fake coldplay news, or peopel that offend other people because they just want to have fun. We had plenty of those here too.

You can have a different opinion as long as you don't make it pass like a "fact" (ie they earlier stuff is better than the recent one, its a fact!!!!!11!!1!) because it makes other people feel bad and guilty.

If you get to know you'll find out that im more that open minded with people, i dont fight, i listen to them, and critic them with my point of view, while still being respectful to the person im referring to.

One of the people who were with me yesterday (and who was a true coldplay fan - she was there to meet the band and not to get famous on twitter or anything) says that chris was shooting indoors sometime back..she heard from a photographer about it and went outside the location..she didn't see chris yet..but she saw the same car he was travelling in

I remember when i used to love this thread, now it makes me just cringe, but probs cause im not 15 anymore.

Coldplay are out there doing shit and all i read about is people complaining... and about what? For all we know this could even not be a music video but something else.

Im not new to this, i witnessed the release of MX, GS and now AHFOD and this has been the worse experience on cping even tho it was not so different from the previous two you know at the end this thread is always reduced to:

1) fans that call themselves oldplayers (which i find rather sad, i dont remember your username but i must be honest to you, dont take offence)

2) fans that want just impossible things like a more alternative album

3) people like me that are too old for this shit anyway

4) fans that complain about things that dont exist

5) trolls

Now im not saying that we should accept everything that coldplay does (i am the first one to criticize them when its needed and i did with MX and X&Y) but this thread doesnt feel the same anymore, it used to be about constructive critics and just people being happy around each without bashing coldplay's previous works. Some people here hate GS and MX so much that can almost make some people feel bad for liking those two albums. You guys need to breathe, take a step back and see things are.

I dont mean this post to be offensive to anyone, its just a little rant and advise from someone that has seen stuff like this for 5 years now

I take objection to this. People are not complaining, people are discussing possible outcomes. Believe it or not people may tend to have different opinions to you on a discussion board! That's exactly what it is for. I can't think of anything worse than a forum where my opinions are just parroted back to me, varying degrees of opinion help create a more realistic expectation.

1) Oldplayer doesn't necessarily denote the amount of time one has loved Coldplay, rather an honest preference for their older work. You say you have been here since MX? So what? There are people who have been here since X&Y. What is this a pissing contest? You say you're not 15 but the arrogance of your post would make me think otherwise. This point basically boils down to "I have a longer join date so my opinion is more valid than yours" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2) I fail to see how this is impossible considering Coldplay are an alternative band. Emphasis on the word more here. No one expects AROBTTH 2, we just don't want a pure pop record ft. Miley Cyrus . Asking for a few rock songs on an album from a rock band is impossible?

3) So there is a cut off point in liking Coldplay is there? Presumably there must be a cut off point for liking music as well. Care to draw that arbitrary line in the sand for us? Ageist, but most importantly an absolutely ridiculous notion

4) Care to give me an example of this? I think you mean to say discussing potential things that are to exist. This is exactly what this thread is for.

5) Easy way to discredit anyone who doesn't share your opinion :rolleyes:

you misunderstood everything i wrote oh god

1) by oldplayers i meant not people that are here since 2002, but people that try to categorize themselves as another brand of coldplay fans that exclusively like their older stuff. I said that ive been here since MX to say that i have more experience on this kind of thread that other, newer people here, that is just a fact and no its not a pissing context because there are people that created this thing back in 2001 and im just a tiny little grain of salt compared to them. But if you stop for a sec and think you may notice that i was just giving an advise because, compared to some people here, ive had more experience and i didn't want them to fall into bad experiences such as bashing coldplay's work without thinking that it hurts other people. By im not 15 anymore means that i don't care about this forum as i did back then, and this means that my tolerance level has lowered and im more mature and i have a much stronger critical point of view than before, making me cringe at some stuff written before, that before, when i was 15, i used to find funny, and now i dont anymore. Sorry if i've matured

2) Coldplay aren't an alternative band anymore, they stopped being one in 2003. They are a pop band, see the facts as they are. They perform like a rock band (guys playing and writing stuff) but their core is pop, its always been pop. They make popular music since 2000. Some people here ask about them to go back in time, but that is impossible and who said its impossibile to have a couple of more alternative songs? We have Major Minus, All your Friends and Ghost Story.

3) By that point i meant that after 5,6,7,8 years of being in a forum, you get tired of hearing the same stuff happening all over again and they tend to become more critical, like myself. Believe me or not you will get tired of threads like these one day

4) just read the posts that they wrote, an example is "the jacket is so close to MX, oh god this is so going to be poppy, im feeling so negative about this, its going to be pop, oh no im so disappointed in coldplay". This is not discussing, this is just overreacting about mere photos of the band shooting a video. This is an opinion: "by the look of the colours the theme seems similar to MX, something, if this happens to be true, that would make me pretty disappointed in the future". The words you use and how you use them matter.

5) you know what a troll is? peopel that post fake stuff, as in, fake coldplay news, or peopel that offend other people because they just want to have fun. We had plenty of those here too.

You can have a different opinion as long as you don't make it pass like a "fact" (ie they earlier stuff is better than the recent one, its a fact!!!!!11!!1!) because it makes other people feel bad and guilty.

If you get to know you'll find out that im more that open minded with people, i dont fight, i listen to them, and critic them with my point of view, while still being respectful to the person im referring to.

tumblr_lw6j6sCyHL1qzzvp9.jpg

You both done with your bitching or do I need to step in?

Guest diogo_sg
One of the people who were with me yesterday (and who was a true coldplay fan - she was there to meet the band and not to get famous on twitter or anything) says that chris was shooting indoors sometime back..she heard from a photographer about it and went outside the location..she didn't see chris yet..but she saw the same car he was travelling in

Just Chris? What about the rest of the band?

Guest diogo_sg
Just chris I think.

She didnt see him in the evening..but she said she saw him in the morning..so im doubting the indonesia thing a lot now

Was this today?

good. batman's got it covered.

Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_(2002).png

makes my job easier :batman:

mmmh yas thanks for reminding me how hot I look in this pos- I MEAN YOU'RE WELCOME ITS MY JOB AFTER ALL

Ahem Ahem :laugh3:

on-leather-wings-7.jpg

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

:wiseguy:

sorry if this is getting too pervy I'm bored