✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

overproduced can mean two things, depending on what you mean by produced:

1) overproduced in the way that it was advertised too much, put in too many commercials, too many ads et cetera, which is not the case of coldplay

2) overproduced referring to the production and mixing of a song/album, when its overproduced you can't clearly hear some instruments in the mixing (ie bass, violing, even voice) or the mixing/volume of a track is wrong (ie voice too high that you feel pain when using earphones). This is coldplay's case a great example is Don't Let it Break your heart, a great song ruined by poor production

Yeah number 2. MX and GS are worlds apart from say Parachutes and AROBTTH in terms of production, This is where I think a lot of ire from fans comes from for these albums. A song may be incredible, but production can make or break it. Underproduction is a thing as well, where some bands fear being 'overproduced' and there is so little production they sound like a teenage band performing covers in a garage (Foo Fighters, Beady Eye come to mind) Viva era production is a nice mix of both worlds so lets hope for a return to that style (Rik Simpson produced some tracks on Viva didn't he?)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah number 2. MX and GS are worlds apart from say Parachutes and AROBTTH in terms of production, This is where I think a lot of ire from fans comes from for these albums. A song may be incredible, but production can make or break it. Underproduction is a thing as well, where some bands fear being 'overproduced' and there is so little production they sound like a teenage band performing covers in a garage (Foo Fighters, Beady Eye come to mind) Viva era production is a nice mix of both worlds so lets hope for a return to that style (Rik Simpson produced some tracks on Viva didn't he?)

I agree on MX, worst produced album of coldplay, but GS has a great production, neat, you can hear every instrument, mixing is on point, volumes are right. Its the perfect production for that kind of album, low-key production for a low-key sound. Maybe you don't like the sound of GS, so you don't like the production as a reaction, which is okay.

Take asfos, its in some way, as upbeat as DLIBYH, but on asfos there's no wall of sound and you can hear everything (even int he aucustic guitar in the background) that shows a step forward.

Now, wether a song/album is badly produced or not depends a lot on your own taste, i like neat production, where i can hear everything in the right place, some people like a more raw production (beady eye, foos). So it really depends on your own taste and the genre of the album

Welcome! I made a post here to explain that situation:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99898-LP7-quot-A-Head-Full-Of-Dreams-quot?p=5732385&viewfull=1#post5732385

Basically, we cannot verify whether there was actually a gig there or not.

Seems very strange considering the availability of smart phones and social media nowadays. My guess would be that if we can't verify it, it probably never happened.

Seems very strange considering the availability of smart phones and social media nowadays. My guess would be that if we can't verify it, it probably never happened.

That's my inclination as well. But I thought i'd just report the facts and let others draw conclusions before I do.

As I've been reading this thread for a long time, I would like to write my opinion about AHFOD. The band members clearly explained it; it's going to be a happy and upbeat conclusion of all the work they've done until now(+ the tour). That's why it seems that it comes from the MX era. In my opinion they will keep their electronic elements (pop or EDM), but in a way that every track relates to the previous albums. I hope we can hear some old unrevealed songs coming to live too!! What do you guys thing?:shrug:

Had a dream last night that Coldplay had released their new song. Ran to go listen to it but right as I clicked play my alarm went off :blank:

Coincidentally, the song that woke me up was Life in Technicolor

Oh, and the new song was called "Hurts Like Hell" :lol:

B-side will be called "WTF"

I really doubt they actually played in Bali. If you see the picture, it is clear that it is a club/restaurant and people are merely watching a screen (very calmly - not like Coldplay is actually playing near them) and it also seems that the video is Chris in Live 2012.

The guy who shot the music video (at least in its VR format) is now in Chicago and then goes to New York (Global Citizen Festival). Hopefully he is already editing the video for its release.

Anyone in here basically is hoping for more decent lyrics?

To me a song can be awesome despite simplistic lyrics. However, it needs very good instrumentals in order to compensate. Take Midnight for example, where it's the melody and the overall dark sound that carries the song. As long as the melodies are strong and the lyrics aren't so simple and cliched that they distract from the rest of the song, I will be happy.

Guest howyousawtheworld
This is what happened in Mumbai with me (I had posted pictures earlier). One of my friend was like "Leave everything and come to this place if you want to see Coldplay" and of course, I did. I saw the entire band, met them and talked to them. They are really amazing, down to earth and sweet people. Will and I talked for a while about Cricket/Ashes and I was like "I like your previous work a lot" and he was like "me too!" and then I was like "Tell Chris to play more piano!" and we laughed. Jonny was very humble and smiled at everything, we talked briefly and he kept saying "Thank You". I didn't get to talk to Guy a lot - he was very introverted and spoke very little, in general (focused on his camera). Finally, I got to take a picture with Chris and whilst I was doing it I didn't know how to turn the front facing camera on and he was like "Wait, let me do that for you" and took that picture for me. All of them were having a lot of fun but Will was my favorite cos he was talking to me as if I was his friend or something and that made my day.*

Everything looks very upbeat but I can't give out details about what was happening there right now because I was taken there with the condition that I would keep shut later. All I can say is that the experience was surreal and to experience that for so long and witness what I did - I was very fortunate!

Nice one saketblitz. Don't see you on this site too often these days but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving forum member. Can recall that you contributed some great stuff a few years back. Must have been surreal to have Coldplay in your home country.

more pics from the shoot. you can see phil in these!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trust me this is the last set of pictures I'm releasing haha!

Scenes from Coldplay's secret India visit. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mumbai?src=hash">#Mumbai</a> <a href="http://t.co/LDZwrwmmud">pic.twitter.com/LDZwrwmmud</a></p>— Take Samarth (@IamStake) <a href="https://twitter.com/IamStake/status/642730999713955840">September 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

and this is for anyone still doubting that annabelle is chris' GF.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh hello Annabelle & <a href="https://twitter.com/tarasharmasaluj">@tarasharmasaluj</a>! <a href="http://t.co/cU768hanAg">pic.twitter.com/cU768hanAg</a></p>— Take Samarth (@IamStake) <a href="https://twitter.com/IamStake/status/642732134181044224">September 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To me a song can be awesome despite simplistic lyrics. However, it needs very good instrumentals in order to compensate. Take Midnight for example, where it's the melody and the overall dark sound that carries the song. As long as the melodies are strong and the lyrics aren't so simple and cliched that they distract from the rest of the song, I will be happy.

Agreed. Lyrics can be great while still being simple, and vice versa.

Take "I Blood Blaum," for example. The lyrics are very simple, but not cliche, and work well with the instrumentation to create a very haunting and beautiful image. I personally consider them to be "good" lyrics for that reason. If we get lyrics like that on AHFoD (that pair well with the overall atmosphere of the song), I'll be satisfied.

[h=1]Tara Sharma's description of the video shooting (and her pic with Jonny boy):

COLDPLAY! Yes Roopak’s company @The120MediaCollective was producing for them and so they were here! Being huge fans of course it was super exciting and we hung out with them and they were lovely. Chris, Will, Phil, Annabelle, Johnny, Guy, and all the team. Lovely, very friendly and of course sooo talented! As always even in the midst of busyness I managed to squeeze in a request to pleease be on my show and Chris was v sweet about it so fingers crossed hope it works out touch wood:)! He is a great Dad to his two kids with his ex wife Gwenyth Paltrow and is passionate about a lot of causes apart from of course being the super star he is so I think he would be a fantabulous guest to have what say? Coincidentally we also lived a few minutes away from each other when at Uni as I discovered when researching. I was at LSE when they were at UCL where they first formed the band, and our dorms were just next door so we joked that we had probably walked by each other many a time back then! In all this must add I am very proud of my husband Roopak. Who works so hard but is also one of the most humble people I know. He does not shout from rooftops about any achievements but quietly lets his work speak. Shooting with Coldplay I think we will all agree is a pretty cool thing, but Roopak’s coolness about it all and his desire to deliver well and respect privacy and respect is worthy of respect so here is a little wifey respect for my hubby haaha. Apologies readers for this slightly mushy paragraph. - See more at: http://tarasharmashow.com/post/128923875206/wow-what-a-week-coldplay-eduardo-saverin-a-run#sthash.uZxZHDIJ.dpuf[/h]tumblr_inline_nukn40si_Wu1qig73y_500.jpg

This is what happened in Mumbai with me (I had posted pictures earlier). One of my friend was like "Leave everything and come to this place if you want to see Coldplay" and of course, I did. I saw the entire band, met them and talked to them. They are really amazing, down to earth and sweet people. Will and I talked for a while about Cricket/Ashes and I was like "I like your previous work a lot" and he was like "me too!" and then I was like "Tell Chris to play more piano!" and we laughed. Jonny was very humble and smiled at everything, we talked briefly and he kept saying "Thank You". I didn't get to talk to Guy a lot - he was very introverted and spoke very little, in general (focused on his camera). Finally, I got to take a picture with Chris and whilst I was doing it I didn't know how to turn the front facing camera on and he was like "Wait, let me do that for you" and took that picture for me. All of them were having a lot of fun but Will was my favorite cos he was talking to me as if I was his friend or something and that made my day.*

Everything looks very upbeat but I can't give out details about what was happening there right now because I was taken there with the condition that I would keep shut later. All I can say is that the experience was surreal and to experience that for so long and witness what I did - I was very fortunate!

Awesome!!!!! Can you tell us if you like the song and if we will too?