✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

So when Chris says "We realized we don't wanna be a rock band anymore" in relation to the "what would 2005 Coldplay think of 2015 Coldplay?," isn't that pretty much the answer to the unanswered Coldplaying Asks Coldplay from June?

tumblr_mdg72sKsdL1qef2y7.gif

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know that Chris never said that they don't want to play rock anymore right?

He just said that they don't want to have limits as a rock band. In another interview he especified better. He just doesn't want to people think that he and the band need to do one type of rock or not explore other genre. This is chris head since viva day I guess and it makes sense. He just especifies more now cos AOAL its very disco and different. So...

You know that Chris never said that they don't want to play rock anymore right?

He just said that they don't want to have limits as a rock band. In another interview he especified better. He just doesn't want to people think that he and the band need to do one type of rock or not explore other genre. This is chris head since viva day I guess and it makes sense. He just especifies more now cos AOAL its very disco and different. So...

GracefulSizzlingDungenesscrab.gif

The more I listen to all the new interviews, the more I would like to get explained what is the difference in ideas between AHFOD and MX. Both colourful, cheerful, full of exploring new sounds, collaboration with guest star.. :)

MX was pop rock and AHFOD will be a different style. So far its funk pop as far as AOAL goes.

The more I listen to all the new interviews, the more I would like to get explained what is the difference in ideas between AHFOD and MX. Both colourful, cheerful, full of exploring new sounds, collaboration with guest star.. :)

MX was more of an actual story. It was actually supposed to be the soundtrack to an animated film called Mylo Xyloto. Instead, they condensed the film into the comic books. AHFOD is the continuation or rather the yin to Ghost Stories' yang. Ghost Stories was essentially a pop album but much more toned down. 85% of the album was about going through a large trial in life but when Oceans hits, Chris finally accepts what happens and expresses pure joy in ASFOS and acceptance in O. A Head Full of Dreams is about being able to dream and havung those dreams come true. In a way, Ghost Stories and AHFOD are really just one extended album that gradually crescendos in ways of musical style and happiness.

MX was more of an actual story. It was actually supposed to be the soundtrack to an animated film called Mylo Xyloto. Instead, they condensed the film into the comic books. AHFOD is the continuation or rather the yin to Ghost Stories' yang. Ghost Stories was essentially a pop album but much more toned down. 85% of the album was about going through a large trial in life but when Oceans hits, Chris finally accepts what happens and expresses pure joy in ASFOS and acceptance in O. A Head Full of Dreams is about being able to dream and havung those dreams come true. In a way, Ghost Stories and AHFOD are really just one extended album that gradually crescendos in ways of musical style and happiness.

Amazing interpretation ! :)

It feels like AHFOD will be a lot more complex than simple MX

Yes. A lot of people are saying that AHFoD will be a mixture of Viva and MX, and I think that's a spot-on interpretation. Similarly, I feel like it's going to fall smack in between the two albums in terms of quality--although a girl can always dream that someday we'll get an album as good as Viva :wacky:

It'll have the poppy happiness of MX and the experimental art-rock of Viva. It's fitting that we'll be getting both pop artist Beyonce and rock artist Noel Gallagher as collaborators. Hopefully that's a hint that this album will have a nice mixture of styles (personally, that's where I believe MX fell flat--it was too much pop and too little rock). Even just looking at the two songs we've gotten so far, it looks like the guys will be incorporating a ton of different influences and styles--pop-rock, Indian, 80's funk, electronic.

I feel AHFoD will be anything but boring.

@ColdplayingfromKansas, watch carefully. You have 3 quotes here. They're all in different colors (but right beside each other in this list here). Just a note so you don't miss some of your quotes! It should be pretty easy to find which one you have, just a reminder :)

SprayCanSoulGuy, your quote's in red.

ColdMartin & ColdplayingFromKansas, your quote's are in blue.

ColdplayingFromKansas & The Adversary, your quote's are in gold.

ColdplayingFromKansas, your quote's in green.

MrMilanista, your quote's in magenta.

gacbrandao, your quote's in orange.

A Rush of Magic, your quote's in dark purple.

Yes!

I mean, the fact that AD is a softrock ballad and AOAL is Disco, proves that there is variety, not just between these songs, but the WHOLE ALBUM.

Exactly! This is shaping up to be a combination of Viva and MX; highly experimental (most likely even more so than Viva) but yet so colorful and bright. This is going to be an AMAZING album, I can feel it already. The difference between these two song's genres is already a difference enough, the gap between those two song's genres is already more than a given Coldplay album's two most different tracks. I may be wrong here, but I'm feeling that this album is going to include more experimentation than Coldplay has done EVER before. In ALL of their albums. COMBINED.To the people who think this is only going to be some lame trash mainstream pop album, get ready to be blown away yet again by Coldplay...

so what's the best Cooperation they ever head ?

i like the one with cat power the most " wish i was here "

^ Man' date=' that song is so good. It's proof to me that Chris can still write amazing lyrics.[/quote']

I agree with both you two. "Wish I Was Here" is by far their best collaboration in my opinion. That has such an Oldplay feel to it, just like Fly On. It really reminds me of Gravity TBH. Wish I Was Here is such a massively underrated hidden gem. Hardly anyone even mentions it on here. It really deserves more recognition. It's a beautiful song... it's difficult to put into words. It's glad to see that Coldplay still has some of their older style left in them. :)

Personally' date=' I have [i']very[/i] high hopes for the Noel Gallagher collaboration,

Have high hopes for the Noely G collaboration.

I share the same view as both you two. The Noel G collaboration is sure to be great... I am really excited to hear what they've done with that. Hopefully it does in fact turn out great... I really have high hopes for it. It's good to see that Chris Martin isn't completely into mainstream pop artists just yet. Hopefully this collaboration has maybe even shifted the musical taste of Chris Martin away from mainstream pop artists and more into Oldplay-style stuff. Maybe Noely G has woke up Chris a bit and shook him awake into the reality that his music is becoming more and more mainstream and that Chris may be starting to find pop less and less attractive and alt-rock more attractive. Evidence supporting this is that the band checked in with Alt Nation of SiriusXM to premiere their new single instead of turning to some pop station. However, those 3 collaborations with 2 pop artists (2 Beyonce, 1 Tove Lo) is very concerning, and may show that Chris' musical taste after that collaboration might not have changed much. Honestly we'll just have to wait and see. This album, from the difference between Amazing Day and AOAL, is very promising that this may be an extremely experimental album featuring possibly more Oldplayish-style music. Let's hope for the best... :):D :thumbsup:

Chris's Faultline collaborations from back in 2002 are pretty good also

I agree. They have this... sort of magic to them as well. Especially Your Love Means Everything. That's yet another example of a highly underrated song that really deserves more attention. It's a great little song, that definetely isn't your normal everyday song. The sounds used within and the rhythm is certainly very creative IMO... it's very, very unique. It's not a song you hear every day, and it's also quite beautiful, considering how little there is to the song. It's very "spacey" so to speak, in this instance meaning that there's a lot of parts in the song that don't have a lot of noise. The band were attempting this with Ghost Stories as well. But in Your Love Means Everything, that song essentially proves why less can sometimes be more. I actually really like the lack of a lot of sound in it, because it kind of gives each other little noise more meaning and emphasis, also the sounds used within the song are used best with lots of space in between IMO. Just a great little tune that Chris & Faultline were able to come up with, and they succeeded. Not very well known at all tho... it deserves more recognition. In fact, only the most diehard Coldplay fans really know about it. Casual fans don't, let alone people who are general fans of good music :p But really, that's weird with Coldplay. It seems like that the less it's known, the greater it is. (Paradise & Viva la Vida & Clocks are obvious exceptions IMO. But it's expected that some masterpieces will see the light of day :D) But usually the masterpieces get overplayed, and then they kind of lose some, you know, "novelty" so to speak... it's actually great that many songs by Coldplay that are masterpieces aren't well known, and even by us lovers of these masterpieces aren't played much... its novelty value is really kept for a longer period of time in the long run and as a result the song feels fresh, new, and great for longer. Also, I feel that songs that aren't well known have this "magic" to them... I have NO IDEA what it is, but my most favorite songs of Coldplay that are hits (Paradise, Viva la Vida, Fix You) don't have that magic to them. I just don't know what it is! It has a "remote" feeling... you know what I mean?? If there's any explanation to what causes this I would love to hear! :)

I find myself listetning to Oceans on repeat for the first time ever. I don't know why. Seems just like the perfect song while waiting for A Head Full of Dreams.

I don't know why... but I feel the same as you. I don't put it on repeat but I do agree... the sounds in it just kind of make you feel that something big is about to happen. The calm beginning, and especially the end of the beginning, is absolutely freaking magical and I ADORE it. That feels like it's leading up to that something, and that "something" is the track at the end (with actually some ocean wave noises in it! Has anyone noticed that before besides me?? :D) and that little track at the end really feels like that something big is about to happen. (In fact, Coldplay used that to their advantage to lead up to the massive ASFOS. I guess if you have to make a song that doesn't fit into an album fit in, you should do what Coldplay did and add a track at the end of a calm piece that feels like it leads up to something massive, like the track at the end of Oceans. :D) In fact, I was reading the thread on the Friday before last Friday and I played Oceans because I felt like there would have been big news VERY soon. And as it turns out, that was the day when I first saw Coldplay's new AHFOD logo (just the flower of life poster in London, nothing else.) As Oceans ended, that big news came and the big news came (just when ASFOS played! :D :thumbsup:). I so agree with you there man. It just feels like the right song to play when you feel like something big is about to happen. :D :thumbsup:

It feels like AHFOD will be a lot more complex than simple MX

MX is anything but simple but AHFOD so far is certainly making MX look simple®...

MX was more of an actual story. It was actually supposed to be the soundtrack to an animated film called Mylo Xyloto. Instead' date=' they condensed the film into the comic books. AHFOD is the continuation or rather the yin to Ghost Stories' yang. Ghost Stories was essentially a pop album but much more toned down. 85% of the album was about going through a large trial in life but when Oceans hits, Chris finally accepts what happens and expresses pure joy in ASFOS and acceptance in O. A Head Full of Dreams is about being able to dream and havung those dreams come true. In a way, Ghost Stories and AHFOD are really just one extended album that gradually crescendos in ways of musical style and happiness.[/quote']

Hmm. They should eventually think about making the Mylo Xyloto animated film sometime.

Also, great interpretation of everything! I don't know how you do that... I still can't interpret albums that well on my own! Great interpretation! :)

BTW, just a thought, you haven't really heard AHFOD so how do you know the actual message behind it already? :) Well I guess from what we have so far it's very easy to make a general prediction... one thing's for sure, GS + AHFOD is probably going to fit best as an extended album for sure. The first time I listen to AHFOD I'm going to put GS before it, and maybe MX before GS, cuz why not????:P But anyway, I think that'll just help with keeping the meanings behind the album connected and flow more smoothly. This is going to be fun when it comes out! :D

WHAT!!!!

Up&Up pretty much confirmed to be the best track of the album. I am SOOOO looking forward to it -- an the album itself!

http://www.coldplaying.com/upup-to-include-guitar-solo-from-jonny-buckland-and-noel-gallagher/

Tons of good news on there. Favorite track made??? Yeah, it's gonna be the best. :D:D:D:D

This is probably going to crack my top 5 Coldplay of all if not be top 3 or fav track altogether.

WHAT!!!!

Up&Up pretty much confirmed to be the best track of the album. I am SOOOO looking forward to it -- an the album itself!

http://www.coldplaying.com/upup-to-include-guitar-solo-from-jonny-buckland-and-noel-gallagher/

Tons of good news on there. Favorite track made??? Yeah, it's gonna be the best. :D:D:D:D

This is probably going to crack my top 5 Coldplay of all if not be top 3 or fav track altogether.

Woah, did I read that right? Eno makes an appearance somewhere on AHFOD? :o

Cp3176 MX may have a lot.of elements but the way that the.songs are constructed is too simple for me. Pretty much every song the voice melody is always doing some melody that an instrument its doing. Example: piano from paradise and the voice together in the same way. It feels poor.. I don't know. It have a lot of elements but the way that the songs were constructed sounds a bit boring for me. And it does not feel much original to me.. Its just that I can relate a lot with somethings, viva on the other hand feels like something really fresh and new, even a rush feels like that too for me. Haha, sorry if I said something bad haha ^^'

Cp3176 MX may have a lot.of elements but the way that the.songs are constructed is too simple for me. Pretty much every song the voice melody is always doing some melody that an instrument its doing. Example: piano from paradise and the voice together in the same way. It feels poor.. I don't know. It have a lot of elements but the way that the songs were constructed sounds a bit boring for me. And it does not feel much original to me.. Its just that I can relate a lot with somethings, viva on the other hand feels like something really fresh and new, even a rush feels like that too for me. Haha, sorry if I said something bad haha ^^'

You've finally found one legitimate minus of Paradise! My best one was "not long enough!"

Congratulations! Never really noticed that before! A minor imperfection, but one nonetheless!

They definetely could have done better on that but the way the melody goes is just so freaking beautiful I just still have to keep it at #1 for me:D

I don't agree with "the extended album" thing. Amazing Day and of course Adventure of a Lifetime seems very different to Ghost Stories. They are different albums for different things. For the rest of your post is great!

You've finally found one legitimate minus of Paradise! My best one was "not long enough!"

Congratulations! Never really noticed that before! A minor imperfection, but one nonetheless!

They definetely could have done better on that but the way the melody goes is just so freaking beautiful I just still have to keep it at #1 for me:D

Yeah. Its a matter about taste. Mylo for me its just a good album, I don't think its amazing cos of this details in songs. Their constructions. The voice on the others albums had more "life" for me, but that was the ideia, mylo is an album supposed to be poppier and simpler, that's why the constructions its not thaaat complex. In music I like a lot of passages at a song, but that's me, you can be happy with mylo =P. Lets hope that AHFOD please us both hahaha

@ColdplayingfromKansas, watch carefully. You have 3 quotes here. They're all in different colors (but right beside each other in this list here). Just a note so you don't miss some of your quotes! It should be pretty easy to find which one you have, just a reminder :)

SprayCanSoulGuy, your quote's in red.

ColdMartin & ColdplayingFromKansas, your quote's are in blue.

ColdplayingFromKansas & The Adversary, your quote's are in gold.

ColdplayingFromKansas, your quote's in green.

MrMilanista, your quote's in magenta.

gacbrandao, your quote's in orange.

A Rush of Magic, your quote's in dark purple.

Exactly! This is shaping up to be a combination of Viva and MX; highly experimental (most likely even more so than Viva) but yet so colorful and bright. This is going to be an AMAZING album, I can feel it already. The difference between these two song's genres is already a difference enough, the gap between those two song's genres is already more than a given Coldplay album's two most different tracks. I may be wrong here, but I'm feeling that this album is going to include more experimentation than Coldplay has done EVER before. In ALL of their albums. COMBINED.To the people who think this is only going to be some lame trash mainstream pop album, get ready to be blown away yet again by Coldplay...

I agree with both you two. "Wish I Was Here" is by far their best collaboration in my opinion. That has such an Oldplay feel to it, just like Fly On. It really reminds me of Gravity TBH. Wish I Was Here is such a massively underrated hidden gem. Hardly anyone even mentions it on here. It really deserves more recognition. It's a beautiful song... it's difficult to put into words. It's glad to see that Coldplay still has some of their older style left in them. :)

I share the same view as both you two. The Noel G collaboration is sure to be great... I am really excited to hear what they've done with that. Hopefully it does in fact turn out great... I really have high hopes for it. It's good to see that Chris Martin isn't completely into mainstream pop artists just yet. Hopefully this collaboration has maybe even shifted the musical taste of Chris Martin away from mainstream pop artists and more into Oldplay-style stuff. Maybe Noely G has woke up Chris a bit and shook him awake into the reality that his music is becoming more and more mainstream and that Chris may be starting to find pop less and less attractive and alt-rock more attractive. Evidence supporting this is that the band checked in with Alt Nation of SiriusXM to premiere their new single instead of turning to some pop station. However, those 3 collaborations with 2 pop artists (2 Beyonce, 1 Tove Lo) is very concerning, and may show that Chris' musical taste after that collaboration might not have changed much. Honestly we'll just have to wait and see. This album, from the difference between Amazing Day and AOAL, is very promising that this may be an extremely experimental album featuring possibly more Oldplayish-style music. Let's hope for the best... :):D :thumbsup:

I agree. They have this... sort of magic to them as well. Especially Your Love Means Everything. That's yet another example of a highly underrated song that really deserves more attention. It's a great little song, that definetely isn't your normal everyday song. The sounds used within and the rhythm is certainly very creative IMO... it's very, very unique. It's not a song you hear every day, and it's also quite beautiful, considering how little there is to the song. It's very "spacey" so to speak, in this instance meaning that there's a lot of parts in the song that don't have a lot of noise. The band were attempting this with Ghost Stories as well. But in Your Love Means Everything, that song essentially proves why less can sometimes be more. I actually really like the lack of a lot of sound in it, because it kind of gives each other little noise more meaning and emphasis, also the sounds used within the song are used best with lots of space in between IMO. Just a great little tune that Chris & Faultline were able to come up with, and they succeeded. Not very well known at all tho... it deserves more recognition. In fact, only the most diehard Coldplay fans really know about it. Casual fans don't, let alone people who are general fans of good music :p But really, that's weird with Coldplay. It seems like that the less it's known, the greater it is. (Paradise & Viva la Vida & Clocks are obvious exceptions IMO. But it's expected that some masterpieces will see the light of day :D) But usually the masterpieces get overplayed, and then they kind of lose some, you know, "novelty" so to speak... it's actually great that many songs by Coldplay that are masterpieces aren't well known, and even by us lovers of these masterpieces aren't played much... its novelty value is really kept for a longer period of time in the long run and as a result the song feels fresh, new, and great for longer. Also, I feel that songs that aren't well known have this "magic" to them... I have NO IDEA what it is, but my most favorite songs of Coldplay that are hits (Paradise, Viva la Vida, Fix You) don't have that magic to them. I just don't know what it is! It has a "remote" feeling... you know what I mean?? If there's any explanation to what causes this I would love to hear! :)

I don't know why... but I feel the same as you. I don't put it on repeat but I do agree... the sounds in it just kind of make you feel that something big is about to happen. The calm beginning, and especially the end of the beginning, is absolutely freaking magical and I ADORE it. That feels like it's leading up to that something, and that "something" is the track at the end (with actually some ocean wave noises in it! Has anyone noticed that before besides me?? :D) and that little track at the end really feels like that something big is about to happen. (In fact, Coldplay used that to their advantage to lead up to the massive ASFOS. I guess if you have to make a song that doesn't fit into an album fit in, you should do what Coldplay did and add a track at the end of a calm piece that feels like it leads up to something massive, like the track at the end of Oceans. :D) In fact, I was reading the thread on the Friday before last Friday and I played Oceans because I felt like there would have been big news VERY soon. And as it turns out, that was the day when I first saw Coldplay's new AHFOD logo (just the flower of life poster in London, nothing else.) As Oceans ended, that big news came and the big news came (just when ASFOS played! :D :thumbsup:). I so agree with you there man. It just feels like the right song to play when you feel like something big is about to happen. :D :thumbsup:

MX is anything but simple but AHFOD so far is certainly making MX look simple®...

Hmm. They should eventually think about making the Mylo Xyloto animated film sometime.

Also, great interpretation of everything! I don't know how you do that... I still can't interpret albums that well on my own! Great interpretation! :)

BTW, just a thought, you haven't really heard AHFOD so how do you know the actual message behind it already? :) Well I guess from what we have so far it's very easy to make a general prediction... one thing's for sure, GS + AHFOD is probably going to fit best as an extended album for sure. The first time I listen to AHFOD I'm going to put GS before it, and maybe MX before GS, cuz why not????:P But anyway, I think that'll just help with keeping the meanings behind the album connected and flow more smoothly. This is going to be fun when it comes out! :D

In The interview from last night, Chris explained that the album was about dreams and using then to make life good and stuff

I don't know about you guys

but AOAL definitely grow on me especially after the live performance

when I first listened to it I was little disappointed but now I really like it (i know it's not fix you or clocks)

I think the songs on AHFOD will have the same idea of MX

the songs will sound very good on the album but

amazing on live concerts

I'm thinking if this is really "their last thing":

a) it will feature a retrospective of all their previous styles

b) every song will sound finite, like a celebration or a completion of something, ESPECIALLY Up&Up if they consider it their last song ever...for now.

I'm thinking if this is really "their last thing":

a) it will feature a retrospective of all their previous styles

b) every song will sound finite, like a celebration or a completion of something, ESPECIALLY Up&Up if they consider it their last song ever...for now.

yeah agree. But Its not the last thing ever but the last of their contract. The end of a cycle. ^^