• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh a radiohead fan, now i understand

[video=youtube;JLrCGgA0bEY]

Lol that's pretty weird, but tbf there's fans like that for every band... The only difference is Radiohead actually are the best :P

Btw I love Oasis and Coldplay too, what kind of weird freak of stereotypes does that make me?!

But back to topic, you think Miracles would be a good direction for Coldplay?

Lol that's pretty weird, but tbf there's fans like that for every band... The only difference is Radiohead actually are the best :P

But back to topic, you think Miracles would be a good direction for Coldplay?

>Radiohead

>The best

You are worse than the issue. You are half of this planet's problems.

>Radiohead

>The best

You are worse than the issue. You are half of this planet's problems.

Ok, ok (computer? :P) let's get off Radiohead and onto AHFOD, and why an "An Album Full of Miracles" (better name than AHFOD) would be terrible IMO...

an album full of songs that sound like the others is bad in general, but i wont mind at all a song like miracles into AHFOD

Maybe one, can't be worse than ASFOS for poppiness, but what worries me is how the band seem so happy to release such mediocre material without seeing any difference in quality between Miracles/ASFOS and the Clocks/Politik genre of yesteryear... Just speculation though, they could surprise us with a heavier, more weighty sound from nowhere :)

Maybe one, can't be worse than ASFOS for poppiness, but what worries me is how the band seem so happy to release such mediocre material without seeing any difference in quality between Miracles/ASFOS and the Clocks/Politik genre of yesteryear... Just speculation though, they could surprise us with a heavier, more weighty sound from nowhere :)

why do you call those mediocre songs? they are just meant for something different, while politik is meant to make you think about somethins serious, like violet hill, songs like asfos and miracles are meant to make you feel happy and to make you dance, just because the purpose is different it doesnt mean that the song is mediocre.

Open your mind to pop music, don't be close minded on mainstream music, this is coming from someone that listens to radiohead, massive attack, metallica in the same day as the pussycat dolls, nicki minaj and one direction. Music is just music, there's no such thing as mediocre music

Yes (@ kid a).. they have said "its the end of a story " and they never have done anything heavier than arobtth ( save perhaps violet hill ? )

One song like miracles I wouldn't mind maybe even two.. but the core of the album must be better :)

PS I like radiohead too but still coldplay is the best

<br />

<br />

why do you call those mediocre songs? they are just meant for something different, while politik is meant to make you think about somethins serious, like violet hill, songs like asfos and miracles are meant to make you feel happy and to make you dance, just because the purpose is different it doesnt mean that the song is mediocre.<br />

<br />

Open your mind to pop music, don't be close minded on mainstream music, this is coming from someone that listens to radiohead, massive attack, metallica in the same day as the pussycat dolls, nicki minaj and one direction. Music is just music, there's no such thing as mediocre music<br/>

Yes no such thing as mediocre music but I draw the line on nicki minaj :D

<br />

<br />

why do you call those mediocre songs? they are just meant for something different, while politik is meant to make you think about somethins serious, like violet hill, songs like asfos and miracles are meant to make you feel happy and to make you dance, just because the purpose is different it doesnt mean that the song is mediocre.<br />

<br />

Open your mind to pop music, don't be close minded on mainstream music, this is coming from someone that listens to radiohead, massive attack, metallica in the same day as the pussycat dolls, nicki minaj and one direction. Music is just music, there's no such thing as mediocre music<br/>

Yes no such thing as mediocre music but I draw the line on nicki minaj :D

listen to pills and potions and come back here after you do

why do you call those mediocre songs? they are just meant for something different, while politik is meant to make you think about somethins serious, like violet hill, songs like asfos and miracles are meant to make you feel happy and to make you dance, just because the purpose is different it doesnt mean that the song is mediocre.

Open your mind to pop music, don't be close minded on mainstream music, this is coming from someone that listens to radiohead, massive attack, metallica in the same day as the pussycat dolls, nicki minaj and one direction. Music is just music, there's no such thing as mediocre music

I get that some music is meant for simple dancing and uplifting feelings, but I refuse to put that on anywhere near the same level as music with lyrical depth, interesting instrumentation, less predictable structure and actually has something to say beyond "I'm happy"

I have nothing against EDM or pop-styled music (except when it's written by professional hit-makers purely to make money for record labels, see Nicki Minaj or One Direction) but to see a band like Coldplay, who are clearly capable of using their talents for melody and hooks to drive deeper, more emotional music sink to the level of bland, and yes mediocre music like Miracles with no weight behind it is saddening - especially when they seem so happy to do it.

Rant over :)

I get that some music is meant for simple dancing and uplifting feelings, but I refuse to put that on anywhere near the same level as music with lyrical depth, interesting instrumentation, less predictable structure and actually has something to say beyond "I'm happy"

I have nothing against EDM or pop-styled music (except when it's written by professional hit-makers purely to make money for record labels, see Nicki Minaj or One Direction) but to see a band like Coldplay, who are clearly capable of using their talents for melody and hooks to drive deeper, more emotional music sink to the level of bland, and yes mediocre music like Miracles with no weight behind it is saddening - especially when they seem so happy to do it.

Rant over :)

k stay close minded you'll skip on so much music just cause you put it in a box called "mediocre music"

oh and to open up your eyes, every genre of music is made to make money out of it, oh and since when making music that sells is a bad thing? sorry to break the little buble you still live in. I used to be like you two years ago, but every kind of music is made to sell and gain money out of it, if something makes more money than other things or if some music is made just to sell it isnt an exsuse to call it mediocre. Led Zeppelin was one of the most mainstream music back in 1970 and wrote loads and I say LOADS of songs just to gain money out if, no one called them mediocre and no one says anything about that but oh hell if Nicki Minaj writes a song just to sell how dare she. Get over it, really.

Hey! Just because their music sells doesn't mean that they made it for that sole purpose

Look at pink Floyd the kind of music they shelled out was so experimental

They must have had doubts on the sales.. bur still they sold because of the talent and total awesomeness of the songs

But 1D or nicki minaj are consciously trying to sell

k stay close minded you'll skip on so much music just cause you put it in a box called "mediocre music"

oh and to open up your eyes, every genre of music is made to make money out of it, oh and since when making music that sells is a bad thing? sorry to break the little buble you still live in. I used to be like you two years ago, but every kind of music is made to sell and gain money out of it, if something makes more money than other things or if some music is made just to sell it isnt an exsuse to call it mediocre. Led Zeppelin was one of the most mainstream music back in 1970 and wrote loads and I say LOADS of songs just to gain money out if, no one called them mediocre and no one says anything about that but oh hell if Nicki Minaj writes a song just to sell how dare she. Get over it, really.

1. I will put songs like Miracles in a mediocre "box" because I strongly believe that's what they are, and until you or anyone else can provide me with a good reason to the contrary I will continue to do so

2. You will also miss out on a great deal of music if you listen to One Direction in equal measure to Massive Attack. I dare say also that what you will miss will be of higher quality.

3. Of course commerciality is a factor in all music but say all music is made to make money is ridiculous and demonstrably false. However Nicki Minaj and modern pop IS purely for money, which is why it lacks any depth or meaning

4. As for Led Zeppelin there is a difference between popular and pop and even if they did write for money I highly doubt they remove any individuality to broaden commercial appeal in the style of say, One Directions writers.

5. I don't recall saying selling lots of records is a bad thing

6. Music that is made purely for money isn't just mediocre, it's a disgrace

7. Nicki Minaj does not write her commercial hits, even if she did they are shockingly awful anyway

Hey! Just because their music sells doesn't mean that they made it for that sole purpose

Look at pink Floyd the kind of music they shelled out was so experimental

They must have had doubts on the sales.. bur still they sold because of the talent and total awesomeness of the songs

But 1D or nicki minaj are consciously trying to sell

Thank you, I don't see how this is so hard to grasp.

Nah let's stay off topic.

Just curious Daniela, why do you like Nicki Minaj? As in, what makes you want to listen to it again?

I think I know 1or 2 of her songs and I absolutely hate them I dunno haha

It's just sort of odd to see that you listen to both massive attack and nicki minaj, byt why the fuck not of course

You've raised some valid concerns. I've been saying the same thing for a long time now. The reason I like Ghost Stories and Miracles is I finally managed to accept the fact that Coldplay isn't the same band anymore. I've come to accept they're incapable or unwilling to challenge themselves to create another masterpiece that resembles their earlier work. I had the exact same issue with Linkin Park and as a fan its certainly difficult to witness the decline in quality. Coldplay's change has been more drastic though and they seem happy with what they're putting out and there's nothing we can do.

Nah let's stay off topic.

Just curious Daniela, why do you like Nicki Minaj? As in, what makes you want to listen to it again?

I think I know 1or 2 of her songs and I absolutely hate them I dunno haha

idk i like her ahahhaha try to listen to pills and potions, countless are the times im home alone and start singing beez in the trap, i know all the lyrics :mad: