• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed! Maybe first single ? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it - too early for them to register that if they are only halfway through the album - usuallly they would have the majority of the album written before picking a single unless the album is finished and they are being sneaky

New Coldplay song has been registered in the ASCAP database. Anyone got access to it?

Anyone can get access to it.

https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

[tab] Writers -> type: William Champion [or Jonathan Buckland] (Guy has other projects, there is another Chris Martin, so Will is the best option) -> search

I'm not sure, but I think that this song has been registered since November (the last time I checked that database).

Yeah, I also really hung on to that word "different". He said they were making stuff that sounds different. That makes me really hopeful that A Head Full of Dreams will not necessarily sound like Viva, but have that same degree of coolness and experimentation.

What makes Viva awesome is not the musical style, because it has hundreds of those really. What makes it cool is the idea of not making two songs that are alike, and pushing the boundaries.

I think AHFOD will be like Viva in that sense, but it will also be connected to MX and GS. MX because it'll be colorful and uplifting. GS because that's the story it's completing.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I think the perfect way to describe it would be...artistic...Coldplay are true artists and the way they experiment and reach new heights is...well...it's High Art....I think the album is just going to be so beautifully artistic....Lots to look forward to!

Jaja all I did was search for Will. The ID number on it is 885629217, as compared to 886863442 for ASFOS and 887754380 for this Radio Dial song. (AROBTTH era songs start with a 4, for reference)

It could be a scrapped MX era song or it could be something on LP7 - who knows.

EDIT: it comes from this song...uses a sample of DAAHF

[video=youtube;Hi-8z3ZjhP4]

Sorry for the false alarm!!!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Jaja all I did was search for Will. The ID number on it is 885629217, as compared to 886863442 for ASFOS and 887754380 for this Radio Dial song. (AROBTTH era songs start with a 4, for reference)

It could be a scrapped MX era song or it could be something on LP7 - who knows.

EDIT: it comes from this song...uses a sample of DAAHF

[video=youtube;Hi-8z3ZjhP4]

Sorry for the false alarm!!!

Must be less cynical. Played that ready to think 'yuck' but found it very pleasant. I like what he did with the gorgeous melody by Jonny and Chris and it works brilliantly.

Referring directly to the original song (and perhaps this should be in the thread dedicated to Death and All His Friends), the lyrics in the first half directly resonated when I learnt just this week that the first half was originally called 'School'. Not ashamed to say this but it now gets me with a lump in the throat referring back to the innocence and no worries of old school days. We might criticise Coldplay for their lyrics of late for being simple even, but in this case the simplicity in those lyrics hits the sweet nostalgic spot with heart breaking perfection.

Referring directly to the original song (and perhaps this should be in the thread dedicated to Death and All His Friends), the lyrics in the first half directly resonated when I learnt just this week that the first half was originally called 'School'. Not ashamed to say this but it now gets me with a lump in the throat referring back to the innocence and no worries of old school days. We might criticise Coldplay for their lyrics of late for being simple even, but in this case the simplicity in those lyrics hits the sweet nostalgic spot with heart breaking perfection.

What half was called "School"? The first half of this French remix or the original "Death and All His Friends" song?

Guest howyousawtheworld
What half was called "School"? The first half of this French remix or the original "Death and All His Friends" song?

First half of the original Death and All His Friends. The 'all winter we got carried all way over on the rooftops, let's get married' part.

Well I thoght the same thing but...:''peaking to Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 2, lead vocalist Chris Martin revealed that the follow-up to Ghost Stories would take a different direction.

"We're trying to make something colourful and uplifting and we're just having quite a good time making it, because we've spent so long not making that kind of thing," he revealed.

According to Chris, the band already have some of the songs as well as the album concept. He denied that the album would have "bombast" but said: "I think it would be fun to shuffle your feet a bit."