✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

A Head Full of Dreams will be "colorful and bright". The world needs more brightness I think.

If LP7 is anything like A Sky Full of Stars I will love it. Finding the light within yourself when darkness surrounds you... is a mature message. This is an amazing direction to go and has my full support.

What a perfect thing to say. :smile:

AHFOD with a mix of tracks like Ghost Story, and All your friends' as well as some achingly, sexy dance....would quite simply be heavenly in my eyes....

LIGHT A FIRE WITHIN MY HEART...RUN WILD...

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha ha...funny GIF! I bloody love that show!

Awwww be kind... ASFOS is one of those tracks where people pretend to dislike it for some reason but when it's played they just have to get up and dance anyway! It is like this irresistible bright, shining light....

The thing about ASFOS is that it isn't a bad song. It's just that it's not a good Coldplay song.

Ha ha...funny GIF! I bloody love that show!

Awwww be kind... ASFOS is one of those tracks where people pretend to dislike it for some reason but when it's played they just have to get up and dance anyway! It is like this irresistible bright, shining light....

Like I said, it's one of the best songs on GS. :)

A Head Full of Dreams will be "colorful and bright". The world needs more brightness I think.

MX was enough brightness to go blind thanks @_@

All your friends' as well as some achingly, sexy dance....would quite simply be heavenly in my eyes....

LIGHT A FIRE WITHIN MY HEART...RUN WILD...

Can someone please explain this? I am genuinely confused as to why multiple people on this forum have decided this song is the ultimate sexy panty-dropper.

Another thing about my post is that quite a few people agree with it.

Just because ppl agree with you, doesn't mean you're right. Again, its an opinion. Do we really have to discuss this?

Lets cut to the chase: stop wielding around your opinion like its 'more right' than others'

Since everyones commenting on this post I wanted to come in and ask, is there a thread for LP8 already or you think the band splits and Bono sings in Coldplay and Chris sings in U2 or what?

Why would anyone mess with perfection...x

And I'm not quite sure about the LP8 thread could possibly be one, if not it certainly should be marked as a High Priority!

ok, as much as i don't like asfos, what makes you all think that lp7 would be EDM-ey? nothing to suggest that. and since avicii has already done that in GS, i don't think they would go for another song in the same line. at least i hope they won't. but they have done this before with clocks and speed of sound. then again this is a very different thing since collaborating with avicii WAS the not safe thing for coldplay to do, as evidenced by most of this thread.

also i agree with whoever said that just doing a good guitar based song will be considered very safe for coldplay, and it is. so there is a chance they will go for something different. let's hope the results are better and more left-field that asfos was.

Pfff, you guys think that they really go for these sugary sweet poppy songs again? :lol:

I think it's obvious that they try out dark heavy metal this time, coming up on stage drunk, half naked and trashing their guitars and fighting. That's what they haven't tried yet, and it would be time for Jonny to take these lead vocals finally... I bet he has great screaming vocals. ;)

Chris' piano will be burnt live on stage, no more piano... there will be just pure and raw guitar riffs.

Haha, that was just an exaggeration, what I wanted to say is, that they sound really good while doing songs like Violet Hill, God Put A Smile, Major Minus, Clocks and Daylight (this version from 2011 is just awesome: [video=youtube;LMGrKnbydBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMGrKnbydBM ).

And I think that Don't Let It Break Your Heart sounds really good in live, especially Jonny's guitar.

I mean these songs show that they can really play some music on stage and there is no other bands who can compete with them in this kind of melodic rock, their writing of melodies is just so strong.

So who knows what they actually might do, but I hope they understand that they actually are really good if they only want to play some real music on stage. I mean some electronic elements are really awesome, but songs CAN NOT rely on backing track. They were a soft rock band and now they are a Pop Act being fond of Rihanna and Avicii. I feel like it has been a long lasting joke by them. :lol: This joke will end at some point, I'm sure.

Just my opinion.

Pfff, you guys think that they really go for these sugary sweet poppy songs again? :lol:

I think it's obvious that they try out dark heavy metal this time, coming up on stage drunk, half naked and trashing their guitars and fighting. That's what they haven't tried yet, and it would be time for Jonny to take these lead vocals finally... I bet he has great screaming vocals. ;)

Chris' piano will be burnt live on stage, no more piano... there will be just pure and raw guitar riffs.

Haha, that was just an exaggeration, what I wanted to say is, that they sound really good while doing songs like Violet Hill, God Put A Smile, Major Minus, Clocks and Daylight (this version from 2011 is just awesome: [video=youtube;LMGrKnbydBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMGrKnbydBM ).

And I think that Don't Let It Break Your Heart sounds really good in live, especially Jonny's guitar.

I mean these songs show that they can really play some music on stage and there is no other bands who can compete with them in this kind of melodic rock, their writing of melodies is just so strong.

So who knows what they actually might do, but I hope they understand that they actually are really good if they only want to play some real music on stage. I mean some electronic elements are really awesome, but songs CAN NOT rely on backing track. They were a soft rock band and now they are a Pop Act being fond of Rihanna and Avicii. I feel like it has been a long lasting joke by them. :lol: This joke will end at some point, I'm sure.

Just my opinion.

You've said it all... Like I explained before, I hope this album to be more like AROBTTH and a little bit of VLVODAAHF.

ok, as much as i don't like asfos, what makes you all think that lp7 would be EDM-ey? nothing to suggest that. and since avicii has already done that in GS, i don't think they would go for another song in the same line. at least i hope they won't. but they have done this before with clocks and speed of sound. then again this is a very different thing since collaborating with avicii WAS the not safe thing for coldplay to do, as evidenced by most of this thread.

also i agree with whoever said that just doing a good guitar based song will be considered very safe for coldplay, and it is. so there is a chance they will go for something different. let's hope the results are better and more left-field that asfos was.

I'm not getting that argument either. Chris has already stated the album is far from Ghost Story's sound. It's very cliche at this point, but Coldplay does not produce the same album twice.

I'm not trying to defend an album we haven't heard yet, but colorful doesn't mean bad. I'd prefer a much more somber theme, but I guess there's a reason they do their own thing.

what keeps my hopes up is when chris said in one of the last interviews that the sound is different from what they have done recently, thus different from asfos, which i love out of the contest of the whole album because its a freaking great tune to sing along in the car with your friends while going to the beach by night (i had this experience my self and i was so proud of them) but hate put into contest in the album because it ruins the mood set by all the other songs