• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*checks out Username and avatar*

Thom what the frick are you doing here anyway <___<

Jonny said that there was some band who spent a couple of albums trying to make "The Bends", thought Id try to remember how to play the guitar again and see what all the fuss was about...

why do you call those mediocre songs? they are just meant for something different, while politik is meant to make you think about somethins serious, like violet hill, songs like asfos and miracles are meant to make you feel happy and to make you dance, just because the purpose is different it doesnt mean that the song is mediocre.

Open your mind to pop music, don't be close minded on mainstream music, this is coming from someone that listens to radiohead, massive attack, metallica in the same day as the pussycat dolls, nicki minaj and one direction. Music is just music, there's no such thing as mediocre music

Thank you for this. Too many close minded people on here. I appreciate every album from Coldplay. Yes I like some albums and songs more than others but overall, I don't hate any of there songs. That being said, I love everyone here lol, not trying to start an argument but I'm glad this has been said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idk i like her ahahhaha try to listen to pills and potions, countless are the times im home alone and start singing beez in the trap, i know all the lyrics :mad:

I listened. Well that wasn't terrible actually, let's say it's just not my cup of tea haha

And I don't like the I still love I still love I still love part (nope, I also don't really like the and i don't and I don't ... part in Magic)

Ahh OPINIONS

Isn't that kinda the answer to every question related to any kind of music anybody wants to listen to? :lol:

Yep haha

I want to make one distinction here in this little debacle :) So I am kinda falling in between both arguments. Jonny and the Cake, I completely agree that Nicki Minaj=Massive Attack. I love both artists and what I understand that little equation to mean is that all music is subjective, it is art, some people like one more than the other but it doesn't matter. "It is just music" is absolutely correct.

But I have to kind of agree with KidA in some respects. I don't think Nicki Minaj=Massive Attack in one major regard. I think that none of us can deny the fact that the music industry is a lot different than it used to be. If you look at a lot of radio-pop music, for example, a vast majority of the songs you will here are written and produced by the same Record Labels and producers and then divvied out to artists. Miley Cyrus, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, One Direction all have songs written for them for one purpose: to make money

For me, that destroys some of the artistic prowess. Sure, these are still pieces of art and I still like many of them, and I do truly think all of those individuals are talented, but the result is pop-music trends, where inspiration comes to these producers through what will make money (EDM in Nicki, folk style delivery for One Direction, etc.) This is why so much pop music sounds the exact same, they actually scientifically follow a formula and don't challenge us. Much of the industry is monopolized to churn out this music. That is why bands like Massive Attack, Radiohead, and Coldplay are so important. They write really popular music as original artists. They mix pop/alternative music effectively and that is actually my favourite genre. (Of course, Radiohead doesn't really care about making records for money anymore considering their fan base haha)

I want to make one distinction here in this little debacle :) So I am kinda falling in between both arguments. Jonny and the Cake, I completely agree that Nicki Minaj=Massive Attack. I love both artists and what I understand that little equation to mean is that all music is subjective, it is art, some people like one more than the other but it doesn't matter. "It is just music" is absolutely correct.

But I have to kind of agree with KidA in some respects. I don't think Nicki Minaj=Massive Attack in one major regard. I think that none of us can deny the fact that the music industry is a lot different than it used to be. If you look at a lot of radio-pop music, for example, a vast majority of the songs you will here are written and produced by the same Record Labels and producers and then divvied out to artists. Miley Cyrus, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, One Direction all have songs written for them for one purpose: to make money

For me, that destroys some of the artistic prowess. Sure, these are still pieces of art and I still like many of them, and I do truly think all of those individuals are talented, but the result is pop-music trends, where inspiration comes to these producers through what will make money (EDM in Nicki, folk style delivery for One Direction, etc.) This is why so much pop music sounds the exact same, they actually scientifically follow a formula and don't challenge us. Much of the industry is monopolized to churn out this music. That is why bands like Massive Attack, Radiohead, and Coldplay are so important. They write really popular music as original artists. They mix pop/alternative music effectively and that is actually my favourite genre. (Of course, Radiohead doesn't really care about making records for money anymore considering their fan base haha)

For me it destroys all the artistic prowess once it is about purely money - stops being art and becomes a product , which is where the arguments come from :)

but this applies to everything in the world, to art, to photography, to houses, to design, to clothing, everything! People just make too much of a big deal out of it

I genuinely think Miracles is great. It's richly textured with a big wall of sound, the instrumentation is superb, Chris's voice is heavenly as always. And you can clearly hear it's very much the whole band putting everything into it. The production is also better than both MX and GS. I don't even need to go into the melody since Coldplay are pretty much the best melodic musicians in the history of music.

I've said a millions times the ideal scenario would be for them to create an album reminiscent of their earlier work but since that won't happen any time soon I'll be happy if LP7 is similar to Miracles rather than an album full of EDM and happy electronic crap.

idk i like her ahahhaha try to listen to pills and potions, countless are the times im home alone and start singing beez in the trap, i know all the lyrics :mad:

>Knows lyrics to Nicki Minaj song

>Doesn't feel ashamed for knowing them and starts singing it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU...?