✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miracles is awful... I don't see why everyone wants AHFOD to sound like this...bland, forgettable, feel-good-by-numbers pop.

If AHFOD is like this Coldplay will have forever tarnished the great legacy they could have had with their first 4 albums

(I'm worried)

I actually like Miracles and let's not forget it's intended for a movie so it fits the feel of the movie. It does have a phill collins kind of vibe to it i.m.o and was probably intended and asked for that way. Actually the song could've been made by mr collins heheh.

I agree it's not as emotionally touching and fulfilling/ memorable as is expected of coldplay by us but it does lift you up. I do hope though that the lyrics get better again with the next album. Some words just don't sound like they should be there and thrown in. Like 'i blossom and die'.

You've got to love that piano intro/ melody though!

Miracles is awful... I don't see why everyone wants AHFOD to sound like this...bland, forgettable, feel-good-by-numbers pop.

If AHFOD is like this Coldplay will have forever tarnished the great legacy they could have had with their first 4 albums

(I'm worried)

I also am not a big fan of Miracles because of the same reasons. Unfortunately I found the electronic drum beat/snaps, the plasticy lifeless acoustic guitar and Chris' computerized hooting in the background a bit too clean and poppy, including the final climax and the "yeah yeah yeahs." So overall, I am mostly going to avoid it in my Coldplay discography.

That said I do think there are some really positive things to take away from it. For one thing, I really love the piano/guitar melody and the way they are performed. It is really optimistic and fun. I also love Guy's bassline on the second verse and Will's background singing. It certainly feels like the whole band is involved, and while Chris' lyrics once again leave a lot to be desired, I still think they are a step up from Ghost Stories.

And even if AHFOD suffers from the same problems, which I don't think it fully will, then I don't think it should ruin their legacy for anyone. Lets be honest, Coldplay is incapable of making a bad record. Sure, their last two have had a few issues and few too many glossy, radio-friendly numbers, but they are still overall really great. AHFOD won't be different, and if Miracles is a hint at a return to fun guitar, piano, drumming and some beautiful melodic moments, then I feel happy even though I don't like the song itself.

Overall, I wouldn't be too worried :P Judging by our dislike of Miracles I am sure there will be moments on AHFOD that we may not like (too poppy/generic) but that won't ruin the whole thing for us, or their entire, beautiful legacy.

people who dislike miracles, i hope this makes you feel better, i hate, underline the word "hate" because i truly mean it, loads of coldplay songs:

fix you, paradise, every teardrop is a waterfall, the hardest part, what if, up in flames, don't let it break your heart. And i think you can understand that my least favourite albums by them are, in fact, X&Y and Mylo Xyloto, as they are the only albums where there are songs that i just can't listen to.

You may feel like shit at the beginning "how can i hate a coldplay? they are my favourite band!" but as the time passes you will just get over it. Hating Coldplay songs won't change the way you feel about them, or the way you feel about the songs you love, and i assure you that it wont affect the way you see them, in your eyes, they are still your favourite band.

Disliking a song by your favourite band can do good, it helps you appreciate the songs you like, but it prepares you to disappointment. Countless are the times that i was disappointed by the band, but hey, im still here.

Lennyrott1, don't worry, its just a song, its just an album.

people who dislike miracles, i hope this makes you feel better, i hate, underline the word "hate" because i truly mean it, loads of coldplay songs:

fix you, paradise, every teardrop is a waterfall, the hardest part, what if, up in flames, don't let it break your heart. And i think you can understand that my least favourite albums by them are, in fact, X&Y and Mylo Xyloto, as they are the only albums where there are songs that i just can't listen to.

You may feel like shit at the beginning "how can i hate a coldplay? they are my favourite band!" but as the time passes you will just get over it. Hating Coldplay songs won't change the way you feel about them, or the way you feel about the songs you love, and i assure you that it wont affect the way you see them, in your eyes, they are still your favourite band.

Disliking a song by your favourite band can do good, it helps you appreciate the songs you like, but it prepares you to disappointment. Countless are the times that i was disappointed by the band, but hey, im still here.

Lennyrott1, don't worry, its just a song, its just an album.

You don't just have issues. You ARE the issue.

oh a radiohead fan, now i understand

[video=youtube;JLrCGgA0bEY]

Lol that's pretty weird, but tbf there's fans like that for every band... The only difference is Radiohead actually are the best :P

Btw I love Oasis and Coldplay too, what kind of weird freak of stereotypes does that make me?!

But back to topic, you think Miracles would be a good direction for Coldplay?

Lol that's pretty weird, but tbf there's fans like that for every band... The only difference is Radiohead actually are the best :P

But back to topic, you think Miracles would be a good direction for Coldplay?

>Radiohead

>The best

You are worse than the issue. You are half of this planet's problems.

>Radiohead

>The best

You are worse than the issue. You are half of this planet's problems.

Ok, ok (computer? :P) let's get off Radiohead and onto AHFOD, and why an "An Album Full of Miracles" (better name than AHFOD) would be terrible IMO...

an album full of songs that sound like the others is bad in general, but i wont mind at all a song like miracles into AHFOD

Maybe one, can't be worse than ASFOS for poppiness, but what worries me is how the band seem so happy to release such mediocre material without seeing any difference in quality between Miracles/ASFOS and the Clocks/Politik genre of yesteryear... Just speculation though, they could surprise us with a heavier, more weighty sound from nowhere :)

Maybe one, can't be worse than ASFOS for poppiness, but what worries me is how the band seem so happy to release such mediocre material without seeing any difference in quality between Miracles/ASFOS and the Clocks/Politik genre of yesteryear... Just speculation though, they could surprise us with a heavier, more weighty sound from nowhere :)

why do you call those mediocre songs? they are just meant for something different, while politik is meant to make you think about somethins serious, like violet hill, songs like asfos and miracles are meant to make you feel happy and to make you dance, just because the purpose is different it doesnt mean that the song is mediocre.

Open your mind to pop music, don't be close minded on mainstream music, this is coming from someone that listens to radiohead, massive attack, metallica in the same day as the pussycat dolls, nicki minaj and one direction. Music is just music, there's no such thing as mediocre music