✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

^ He said it during the Jo Whiley interview on Monday while sitting next to Will. The jist of what he said was basically that they want it to be a bit more colorful and grander (not necessarily more bombast) and that he would would hope that people could slide their feet to it. At that point he kind of cowered and Will gave him a little look haha.

I can't find the link on the BBC 2 website anymore, but if find that thread someone may have uploaded it! But others can vouch he said it. I should say that I don't have a problem with dance music really, I mean I usually danceto Coldplay songs like ASFOS, Yellow, Paradise, and my favourite is Midnight and Lost, but if Chris is saying "slide your feet" then it must be VERY danceable if he doesn't consider their earlier work to be. Of course, he could have just been joking, but, I don't think so .

Well Coldplay can count me out if they plan on doing a whole album with Avicii. I really want them to go back to their sound prior to Viva la Vida.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm actually okay with Coldplay coming out with a "fun" album. I have been with Coldplay since the very beginning and it's definitely been a roller coaster of different sounding eras and it's not 2002 anymore so whatever they come out with, I'll support! Thank god they still play the old stuff at shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually okay with Coldplay coming out with a "fun" album. I have been with Coldplay since the very beginning and it's definitely been a roller coaster of different sounding eras and it's not 2002 anymore so whatever they come out with, I'll support! Thank god they still play the old stuff at shows!

Well I'm a fan of the Coldplay that had a crap load of guitars and piano, something that Ghost Stories lacked. And if they decide to do another Mylo Xyloto, I'm going to start looking for other bands. Muse's 7th album might be coming out next year.

I'm excited for Muse new album as well. With GS, you have to realize that Chris Martin has said in the past that he wanted to come out with an "acoustic album that could be played at small venues". It was sort of like a side project for him and he has now gotten that out so I'm sure we will get back to the normal sounds that could be played at festivals around the world. MX was a bit different yes but I truly think we're going to get a great quality album like VLV Or AROBTTH.

I'm excited for Muse new album as well. With GS, you have to realize that Chris Martin has said in the past that he wanted to come out with an "acoustic album that could be played at small venues". It was sort of like a side project for him and he has now gotten that out so I'm sure we will get back to the normal sounds that could be played at festivals around the world. MX was a bit different yes but I truly think we're going to get a great quality album like VLV Or AROBTTH.

I hope so, I couldn't stand to see an EDM album from Coldplay.

A Head Full of Dreams will be "colorful and bright". The world needs more brightness I think.

If LP7 is anything like A Sky Full of Stars I will love it. Finding the light within yourself when darkness surrounds you... is a mature message. This is an amazing direction to go and has my full support.

I am skeptically optimistic, yet more worried than ever about AHFOD. First of all, I am troubled when they interview and talk about GS as a "risky album" and an "experimental record" and then go on to say AHFOD will be more bright (the daytime) and more tourable. For me, GS was just as safe as all of their other albums. It has beautiful slow burn songs, and 4 massive pop tunes (Magic, Ink, True Love, ASFOS) Midnight was definitely a step outside the box, but I would say the same about Major Minus, Chinese Sleep Chant, and Low in the past...

So if the latter mentioned pop songs are "risky" then I am definitely worried that the next album will be even more poppy. Furthermore, we know now that the songs will mostly be in the same vein as GS, and that Chris said, perhaps much to the chagrin of Will, that he hopes people can "slide their feet to it."

This is an indicator to more EDM influences in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that today's interviews showed the guys praising Sam Smith, Disclosure, and Ed Sheeran, all of whom are very dancy right now. Maybe they are just showing respect to their Grammy friends, but I really am hoping AHFOD is optimistic in the way some of Viva's/MX's songs were and not like ASFOS.

Was thinking the same. GS 'a not so safe' album? It's so so sooo very safe! Only midnight is something else.

I believe I'm more interested in what will happen after LP7. I wonder what the 'different mindset' means, after this album.

There must be at some point a change, how can they keep on (when they are in their 40s) writing about dreams, skies, stars, birds etc. How can they keep on being moved about that themselves, seriously?

If they will put a big stadium track like sky on an album like GS, Im sure they will put 1 or more on the next 'happy' album. If it will be edm.. who knows.

Right now I can not imagen them, not doing a huge big loud song like that. With every album they need to have that big one.

Unless they finally are going for a more alternative sound and the 'big optimistic hit' will be more Violet Hill/god put a smile/ghost story sounding. Looking at where they are now, after these 2 albums with hits Paradise, Rihanna, avici; this may sounds strange, but going for a 'guitar hit' probably will be like a 'not safe/risky' thing to do. Just in their minds of course.. not mine!

Was thinking the same. GS 'a not so safe' album? It's so so sooo very safe! Only midnight is something else.

I believe I'm more interested in what will happen after LP7. I wonder what the 'different mindset' means, after this album.

There must be at some point a change, how can they keep on (when they are in their 40s) writing about dreams, skies, stars, birds etc. How can they keep on being moved about that themselves, seriously?

If they will put a big stadium track like sky on an album like GS, Im sure they will put 1 or more on the next 'happy' album. If it will be edm.. who knows.

Right now I can not imagen them, not doing a huge big loud song like that. With every album they need to have that big one.

Unless they finally are going for a more alternative sound and the 'big optimistic hit' will be more Violet Hill/god put a smile/ghost story sounding. Looking at where they are now, after these 2 albums with hits Paradise, Rihanna, avici; this may sounds strange, but going for a 'guitar hit' probably will be like a 'not safe/risky' thing to do. Just in their minds of course.. not mine!

YES, more guitars. It was one of the reasons I got into Coldplay in the first place. :)

A Head Full of Dreams will be "colorful and bright". The world needs more brightness I think.

is a mature message. This is an amazing direction to go and has my full support.

You are absolutely right about ASFOS' message. I think emotionally the album is very mature, and lyrically too, albeit simple. I guess what I mean as far as immaturity, and perhaps it isn't the best word, is the fact that the song is very generic and lacking original sounds. I like the song overall but compared to other big, optimistic Coldplay tracks, like Fix You, well, I won't go on.

I guess what I mean by mature sounding is originality in the music itself, lyrical themes that extend beyond love/loss, and some bold, new sounds for pop music.

But let's be honest here guys. Do you really think they will make ASFOS? We already know it was pretty controversial among the band and the album. Maybe they will do EDM, but perhaps it will be good EDM, or groovy dance like Magic. A ton of bands have delved into dance and have still maintained great sound: Arcade Fire, The Clash, etc. ASFOS just doesn't want to make me dance because it is white noise within all the other radio songs today. I would rather dance to a song like Shiver honestly.

You are absolutely right about ASFOS' message. I think emotionally the album is very mature, and lyrically too, albeit simple. I guess what I mean as far as immaturity, and perhaps it isn't the best word, is the fact that the song is very generic and lacking original sounds. I like the song overall but compared to other big, optimistic Coldplay tracks, like Fix You, well, I won't go on.

I guess what I mean by mature sounding is originality in the music itself, lyrical themes that extend beyond love/loss, and some bold, new sounds for pop music.

But let's be honest here guys. Do you really think they will make ASFOS? We already know it was pretty controversial among the band and the album. Maybe they will do EDM, but perhaps it will be good EDM, or groovy dance like Magic. A ton of bands have delved into dance and have still maintained great sound: Arcade Fire, The Clash, etc. ASFOS just doesn't want to make me dance because it is white noise within all the other radio songs today. I would rather dance to a song like Shiver honestly.

Not to mention the fact that alternative music is starting to shift towards electronic. Bands like Foster the People and Imagine Dragons were responsible for that. You're even seeing bands like Arcade Fire and Panic! at The Disco shift to more synth based music. I guess that's just something I'll have to get used to. :)

^ Very good examples. Seems to be the cool thing nowadays. I have nothing against it so long as they keep it fresh! We hark a lot on EDM on this website, but within that genre there is some awesome, creative music coming out. I like how the guys were giving praise to Disclosure, for example.

^ Very good examples. Seems to be the cool thing nowadays. I have nothing against it so long as they keep it fresh! We hark a lot on EDM on this website, but within that genre there is some awesome, creative music coming out. I like how the guys were giving praise to Disclosure, for example.

I don't mind it ether, as long as they don't use too much synth. :)

If LP7 is anything like A Sky Full of Stars I will love it. Finding the light within yourself when darkness surrounds you... is a mature message. This is an amazing direction to go and has my full support.

What a perfect thing to say. :smile:

AHFOD with a mix of tracks like Ghost Story, and All your friends' as well as some achingly, sexy dance....would quite simply be heavenly in my eyes....

LIGHT A FIRE WITHIN MY HEART...RUN WILD...

Ha ha...funny GIF! I bloody love that show!

Awwww be kind... ASFOS is one of those tracks where people pretend to dislike it for some reason but when it's played they just have to get up and dance anyway! It is like this irresistible bright, shining light....

The thing about ASFOS is that it isn't a bad song. It's just that it's not a good Coldplay song.

Ha ha...funny GIF! I bloody love that show!

Awwww be kind... ASFOS is one of those tracks where people pretend to dislike it for some reason but when it's played they just have to get up and dance anyway! It is like this irresistible bright, shining light....

Like I said, it's one of the best songs on GS. :)